Estrostep FE....Know Anything About It?

dragon49

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
AliD,

you must take a peek at the Shewolf get down and dirty thread. that is the thread bella and should have been on...
0 Replies

pretendersii

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 12:10 pm
sex drive
Has anyone noticed a loss of sex drive on estrostep? Also, I don' think I get as lubed during sex as before I went on the pill. Anyone else notice any changes?
0 Replies

AliDSophist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:14 am
A dirty thread you say. . .interesting Cool , (tee-hee)

And while we're on the subject. . .you guys better let us know if this thing really does lower libido, in that cas, i DON'T want it.
Why the hell would i want to be on BC if i don't want to do any "baby-making"?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:57 am
again, BCP acts differently on everyone. i for one have noticed a huge decrease in my sex drive, but mr. d seems to help me quite often. i guess one could argue that the decreased sex drive helps in birth control Smile

loss of lubrication is also another side effect. i recommend astroglide because i think ky jelly wears out quickly...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
I have see a very slight decrease but like dragon...my hubby can fix thatn pretty easily. Cool
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:59 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I have see a very slight decrease but like dragon...my hubby can fix thatn pretty easily. Cool

i don't see no stinking decrease from you... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:22 pm
dragon49 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

i don't see no stinking decrease from you... Twisted Evil

Laughing
0 Replies

mis4

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:26 pm
AHHH! it is funny that the decrease in libido can be the "real" birth control...no drive, no sex, no baby? bastards!...ok, anyhoo, when i was on Orthotricyclin-lo i lost my sex drive and loss of lubrication. After using estrostep, it has returned, and things are back to normal for me. i seem like my old self:)...but like everyone says, hormones are different for everyone
0 Replies

Miriam6269

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:10 pm
Estrostep FE
Although it's been awhile since you've asked about Estrostep FE I'd like to reply to your request.
I've been on birth control for the past 16 years. About 9 months ago I had to change birth control due to the fact that I skipped three monthly cycles. My Doc put me on Estrostep FE. A few months later (in the winter mind you) I noticed a brown spot on my cheek. It is summer now and I have brown splotches all over my face. My Obstetrician says its unlikely that the Estrostep caused it. My Dermatologist thinks it is the Estrostep FE. Another side effect on the Estrostep is my periods are alot heavier lately.
So make your own judgements.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:03 pm
Dark spots CAN be caused by birth control; it actually says it in the insert with Estrostep. I would wager that your spot is caused by the BC.
0 Replies

Miriam6269

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:25 am
Estrostep FE

I think age has something to do with that too. At 40 I guess things could start going haywire.
0 Replies

Becky1

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
Missed first day of cycle - how worried should I be?
Hi, just found this thread and I read all twenty pages. It's great to hear from other Estrostep FE users. I've been nervous for the past couple of weeks: I missed the first day after the iron pill week, did not take an extra pill the next day, and had unprotected sex exactly one week after the day I missed (first day of the second week). It's still too early to take a pregnancy test, so I've been busy biting my fingernails off and going completely nuts. How worried should I be, exactly? This was almost two weeks ago now, and I've been getting sick to my stomach at night, after eating, and after working out, and from what I understand that could be early symptoms of pregnancy or, just as likely, a side effect from the pills. Or of course it could be from working myself up with worrying. Any advice?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:43 am
i think ept makes a test that allows you to test after two weeks...usually takes BCP 7 days to be effective so if you missed one dose, i don't know exactly HOW bad that is, but probably not that bad...but i am no doctor. i would take a test. plus remember, at this point you cannot worry if you are pregnant or not because you can't control that anymore...try to focus on what you need to do if you are/aren't pregnant and be ready for either answer.
0 Replies

beforeyoudrift

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:06 pm
ahh
I just started my 2nd week of Estrostep today, I feel a little bloated but I'm not that concerned and I was really moody my first week.

My gynecologist told me that it wouldn't be effective until I started my second pack, but on the instructions it says that if I started the pill on the first day of my period, which I did, then I wouldn't need a backup protection method. I'm a little confused and worried, especially because I had intercourse twice today and we didn't use protection. (I'm in a commited relationship and neither of us have STD's). He pulled out like 10 minutes before he ejaculated though.

I'm also wondering if it would be alright to let him ejaculate inside of me since I'm on Estrostep...I'm not sure how much of an effective birth control pill this is compared to others..I'm just a bit confused because there's not really a very good site on this particular pill. =/
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:42 am
birth control pills when taken correctly have about a 95% prevention rate. however, i would suggest if you don't want to get pregnant to take all measures. i have both friends and relatives who have gotten pregnant on the pill. not this one persay, but BCP in general.

also, you have to take them at the same time everyday for them to reach that 95% effective rate. any mess ups reduces the effectiveness (as does taking antibiotics).

good luck!
0 Replies

newbie05

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:44 pm
pregnant on EstroStep without using condome etc.
Hi All,
i have read all the pages in this regards, but i am very confused whether my partner should use condome when having sex or not. The reason is just easy, i dont want to be pregnant Smile
I am on Estro Step for 1.5 months and i would appreciate everyone who could help me on this topic.

Thanks
Newbie 05
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:03 am
if you want to be extra careful, i say yes. i am married and on birth control and we still use condoms, only to make sure that i dont get pregnant. it is just an extra precaution. i recommend it, but then again i am a little compulsive about it...
0 Replies

tracenole

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:34 pm
I have been on Estrostep Fe for two months now and the last two weeks I have been bleeding and I had breakthrough bleeding a week prior to that. Any advice? Is this normal or do i need to contact my doctor
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:36 pm
it doesn't hurt to contact your doctor and just ask if it is ok.
0 Replies

AliDSophist

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:34 am
Condoms w/ BCP
Hey girls. . .haven't been on in a while, i know. . .

As far as using condoms with BC, sure, go right ahead, if you want to be extra-super-safe. I don't know about you, but the whole reason I even went out to get the pill in the first place was because I'm in a commited long-term relationship, where we're both STD-free, and we're both sick of pulling out the rubbers every time the mood strikes.
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but I always thought BC took the place of condoms. (hell, if its the condom that's keeping me safe, I'll save my money for something more exciting than BCP!!)
As far as effictiveness, my doctor said that i should wait 2 weeks before flying solo with the pill, just to be safe, so if you've been on the pill for over a month, PLUS he pulled out, I'd sleep easy. . .but what the hell do I know? Laughing
0 Replies