Why does the Bible Exist?

jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:00 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Have you ever enjoyed oral sex? And if not, have you ever had oral sex?

What I've personally done or haven't done I think irrelevant to this discussion. I'm not attempting to justify myself or anyone else.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:01 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

So the answer is yes. Does that make you perverse?

Have I ever sinned? Yes! Can I be forgiven? I hope so.
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:03 pm
@Glennn,
Perversion isn't confined to sexual activity. Perversion can be a state of mind.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:04 pm
@jerlands,
Really? What, like thinking genecide can be acceptable under certain conditions?
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Really? What, like thinking genecide can be acceptable under certain conditions?

I'm not "God." The context of Numbers 31 is "God" and not Man giving the direction.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:09 pm
@jerlands,
Glennn, this is just too easy.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:12 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
I'm not "God." The context of Numbers 31 is "God" and not Man giving the direction.

So this loving being of light of which you speak directed a guy to kill innocent children, pregnant mothers, and to rape young girls because it was the only solution to the problem of Israeli men chasing after Midianite tail? That sounds like some pretty perverse reasoning there. I can't imaging an evil entity doing any different . . . well, maybe except for some swear words throw in as it commanded Moses to commit genocide.
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:13 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Have I ever sinned?

No, the question is: have you been perverse?
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:18 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

So this loving being of light of which you speak directed a guy to kill innocent children, pregnant mothers, and to rape young girls because it was the only solution to the problem of Israeli men chasing after Midianite tail? That sounds like some pretty perverse reasoning there. I can't imaging an evil entity doing any different . . . well, maybe except for some swear words throw in as it commanded Moses to commit genocide.

I see this differently. You seem to think man can justify his atrocities because "God" appears to have done the same? Correct? Man is not "God." We have to hold all things in perspective. We're commanded not to take the lords name in vane.
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:19 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Perversion can be a state of mind.

Yes, that has fact has been established when the issue of committing genocide in the name of the loving god was discussed. But to clarify, murdering innocent human beings because some of your homies chased some foreign tail is the height of perversion.
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:19 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Have I ever sinned?

No, the question is: have you been perverse?

I don't see the difference.
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:21 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Perversion can be a state of mind.

Yes, that has fact has been established when the issue of committing genocide in the name of the loving god was discussed. But to clarify, murdering innocent human beings because some of your homies chased some foreign tail is the height of perversion.

I think you're missing the point. At least you seem to be evading it.
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:21 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
I see this differently. You seem to think man can justify his atrocities because "God" appears to have done the same?

What? Where did I say that atrocities such as the ones committed by Moses is justified?
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:24 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:

You've enjoyed oral sex. So how are you different from others who have done the same?
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:25 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I see this differently. You seem to think man can justify his atrocities because "God" appears to have done the same?

What? Where did I say that atrocities such as the ones committed by Moses is justified?

The point I was trying to make is... Man is not "God." At least.. common man. It may be true man can ascend to heights where he loses identity. I don't know.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:26 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

You've enjoyed oral sex. So how are you different from others who have done the same?

I don't think that way. I kinda see myself in everything.. the good, the bad and the ugly.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:29 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:

No. What's happening here is that you are evading the truth of the fact that a guy named Moses obeyed the voice in his head that told him to murder an entire people . . . except for the virgin girls. You're having trouble reconciling this truth because you can't hold two ideas at the same time. You want to believe that the god is good, but you're forced to acknowledge that it ordered murder and rape. That's quite a conflict.
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:31 pm
@Glennn,
see a couple posts prior.
jerlands

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:32 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

No. What's happening here is that you are evading the truth of the fact that a guy named Moses obeyed the voice in his head that told him to murder an entire people . . . except for the virgin girls. You're having trouble reconciling this truth because you can't hold two ideas at the same time. You want to believe that the god is good, but you're forced to acknowledge that it ordered murder and rape. That's quite a conflict.

So you do believe the bible is a bad thing for humankind?
Glennn

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:32 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
see a couple posts prior.

Don't allude! Make your reply.