Why does the Bible Exist?

Glennn

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 08:24 am
@izzythepush,
My last two posts were just me having fun at the expense of the guy who supports the idea of killing rebellious kids with rocks.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 11:50 am
@Glennn,
Glenn, Glenn.
You downplay every law or command God gave or virtually ignored the motive for the action he took.
You also ignore and downplay the wickedness of humanity throughout history, and why God took the lives he took...and WILL take the Lives of the Rebellious (non peaceful, non submissive, law obiding, righteous ppl/angels) in the end....not just ppl with a mere ‘moment of rebelliousness.

My advice.....Do not be one of the Majority of ppl who have and will rebel against God. Choose to submit to the ‘prince of peace’ (Christ).

Not only if u can’t beat ‘em join ‘em, but humanity will experience abundant life by submitting to Gods ways of life.
Ie. keep sex within marriage, and rid our planet of aids/stds.
Don’t be rebellious, and cling to such s lifestyle... endong your life, and landing yourself in jail/hell.

Choose life!
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Max invariably misses the point, Anti Semitism and Islamophobia run rampant in America and evangelical paedophiles run for Senate. Restricting hate merchants is a good thing.

How many Black people are in your House of Lords?

("House of Lords"....... Max snickers....)
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:36 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:

You also ignore and downplay the wickedness of humanity throughout history, and why God took the lives he took...and WILL take the Lives of the Rebellious (non peaceful, non submissive, law obiding, righteous ppl/angels) in the end....

Interesting, but where in the bible does "God" act directly except in creation? It just seems to me all events like" casting man from the garden" are essentially effects of actions of man... sorta like jumping off a cliff... the inevitable is going to happen. The parting of the Red Sea... I'm not so certain... Life is probably in direct communion with "God" but maybe not as we imagine. The teaching of Ma'at, the teaching of order, justice, truth and harmony and it's counterpart, the teaching of Isfet, Injustice, chaos, violence and lies. Ultimately though all life has it's cycle... order, death, decay and rebirth. Order and Decay are natural forces.. I think the key lay somewhere in the balance but it's obvious the balance can be tipped. Posture I think has a lot to do with our communion. I believe we can find solace and truth in prayer. Think of the Sphinx, the guardian from the desert, and how weathered it is.
Glennn

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 03:57 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
You downplay every law or command God gave or virtually ignored the motive for the action he took.

No. I've condemned the homicidal tendencies of those who said they were commanded by the god to commit genocide and rape. And I've condemned you for defending such things.
Quote:
You also ignore and downplay the wickedness of humanity throughout history

No I don't. Didn't I just proclaim the wickedness of a man who submitted to the voice in his head that told him to commit genocide and rape? And didn't I point out the homicidal actions of unholy people who respond to rebellious youth by hitting them with rocks until they stop moving forever?
Quote:
Choose to submit to the ‘prince of peace’ (Christ).

I wonder what the prince of peace would think about your support of genocide and rape as an answer to consensual sex between humans, and death by stoning as an answer to rebellious youth.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 07:41 pm
@Glennn,
OR you have demonstrated you do not understand the *Motives* behind the taking of the lives God commanded his ppl/army to take. Therefore labeling somomething as Genocide which in reality was not. This is what I get from your posts.
Just as Israeli law was to put those who rape virgin girls to death...and yet you demonstrated You do not understand this (or are being willingfully ignorant) .....to drum up your own wishful idea of God and his ppl, and what really was going on, for whatever reason.

But again, just as many Abortionists will justify, argue, and hold their position til death. Just as many Jehovah witness do. Just as many evolutionists do. Just as the devil himself does.
I don’t plan on convincing anyone of truth but myself, for I believe we will face THE Truth, and have to submit to it sooner or later, so why not now. Why create an illusion and false reality of things (a ‘matrix’).
This is why I ditched evolutionism, abortionism, and other religious views and morality positions I held in the distant past.

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 07:43 pm
@jerlands,
First, any idea if there is a way to use the ‘quote’ Function using an iPhone?
I haven’t looked into it at all. Any experience doing so?

Not sure what you mean by interacting directly. Your definition is...?
Is A time in history like Noah’s Flood? Or the parting of the Red Sea. When God was in flesh as Jesus healing ppl. Or by speaking through a burning bush with Moses, or through dreams when dreams were a big part of human culture.

Are these directly or indirectly? Either way, I see interaction. You?
Glennn

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 08:21 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
OR you have demonstrated you do not understand the *Motives* behind the taking of the lives God commanded his ppl/army to take.

No, I understand the motives, and I've pointed them out quite clearly to you several times. You simply refuse to acknowledge it. And the reason for your refusal is so that you can maintain your idea that the god is holy and not a terrorist.

They killed everyone. And the motive? Consensual sex. Oh, and trying to convert others to their belief system. You are incapable of digesting that piece of information because you have too much invested in these beliefs of yours.
Quote:
Just as Israeli law was to put those who rape virgin girls to death...and yet you demonstrated You do not understand this (or are being willingfully ignorant) .....to drum up your own wishful idea of God and his ppl, and what really was going on, for whatever reason.

Just another instance of your inability to digest the reality of what your sacred text tells you. Moses' hordes were instructed to keep the virgin girls alive for themselves. For obvioius reasons, you have decided to not acknowledge the implications of this. But just for fun, why don't you tell me why you think the virgin girls were spared and what they were used for.
Quote:
But again, just as many Abortionists will justify . . .

But you've been trying to justify your god's servant's killing both the born and the unborn of those who were made victims of genocide. So . . .
Quote:
I don’t plan on convincing anyone of truth . . .

Good! I predict your success in that pursuit.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 08:27 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:

First, any idea if there is a way to use the ‘quote’ Function using an iPhone?
I haven’t looked into it at all. Any experience doing so?

Don't use iPhone... no idea?

Helloandgoodbye wrote:

Not sure what you mean by interacting directly. Your definition is...?

Would you refresh my memory as to what I said.

Helloandgoodbye wrote:

Is A time in history like Noah’s Flood? Or the parting of the Red Sea. When God was in flesh as Jesus healing ppl. Or by speaking through a burning bush with Moses, or through dreams when dreams were a big part of human culture.

The flood... mankind bad, Red Sea... Moses, Jesus.. that will take time, The burning bush... "God" in communion with man; not "God" acting.

Helloandgoodbye wrote:

Are these directly or indirectly? Either way, I see interaction. You?

Yes, there is interaction however the only act of "God" I see is in creation. Everything else I see as a result of evolution of man. The inevitable.. punishment as fate, like jumping off a cliff, reward as a ray of sunshine.

Father, son and holy spirit?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 08:36 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
The teachings of Jesus... This is something libraries are built around. Really hard to lay out. We want to see Jesus as "God," I don't in that way. Son of Man, Son of God. Definitely a prophet but the law as defined by Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40 and Mark 12:28-34 doesn't require I worship Jesus as "God."

I believe the New Testament true and with all my heart believe we can find salvation through his teachings.

What Jesus was and is exactly.. I don't know.. what was Moses?
jerlands

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 08:42 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
There is symbol and symbolic and I don't mean in any way to shake your faith. It's a true faith but the path continues in my way of thinking.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:07 pm
@jerlands,
Ah.
Here:
http://answering-islam.org/authors/thompson/more_than_prophet1.html

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A1&version=NIV
Thoughts?

Remember, he is the new ‘ark of salvation.’ Anyone who did not acknowledge that Noah’s ark was required to escape Gods judgement in that day drowned.
So, if ppl do not acknowledge Jesus as such, will they escape a fearful Judgement?

Seems to be a massive difference between Moses and Jesus in this way. Also, massive difference between Jesus and every human being who ever has lived, which is that he was sinless.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 07:07 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Yes, I understand... John and "the word became flesh." I simply have my perception... I can't shake it. "Know me and know the father." I really think we're supposed to find Jesus in ourselves rather than wait for him to come down from heaven and save us.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 07:56 pm
@jerlands,
🤔
How do you relate to this:
http://www.creativebiblestudy.com/Blondin-story.html

Kinda cool how this man, who demonstrated and proved he was more than Capable of the’near miraculous’ was not believed in enough, and trusted enough by his audience.

It is a simple illustration of how we are ‘saved by faith’ not by our own ‘works’(our own level of goodness)....because I know I personally could not do what Charles Blondin did, and I know I cannot do what Jesus did(which is the standard required to cross over to heaven from Earth.) perfection, and nothing short of it.

Only one way across the chasm. A ‘piggy back ride!’
ekename

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:21 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Just as believing in whales with legs, reptiles with feathers, and half monkey/man creatures. backwards thinking.

Would you care to enlighten us about these matters you raised?
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:22 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
There's also the story of Prahlad Jani an Indian Sadhu who claims to have lived since 1940 without eating or drinking. Two observational studies could not disprove this claim. The power of the mind I think is an overlooked phenomena.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:30 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:

Only one way across the chasm. A ‘piggy back ride!’

Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:32 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
The power of the mind I think is an overlooked phenomena.

Looks like a bad case of self-hypnosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hypnosis
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:43 pm
@ekename,
ekename wrote:

Quote:
The power of the mind I think is an overlooked phenomena.

Looks like a bad case of self-hypnosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hypnosis

Placebo Effect
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:51 pm
@ekename,
I did share much on the Evolution Vs. Rastafari thread regarding the teaching of evolution, why it is far from scientific fact, and the number one false teaching/religious position/belief in the world.
Continue there?