9
   

Could a happily married man cheat?

 
 
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 09:44 am
Could a happily married man cheat and like other woman?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,299 • Replies: 13
No top replies

 
CoastalRat
 
  2  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 09:52 am
@Decipher,
Sure. Anything is possible.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:04 am
@Decipher,
I believe he could cheat.

I'm not so sure that he actually likes the other women or any women.
najmelliw
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:12 am
@Decipher,
He might both cheat and like them, if he feels polygamy is a valid and viable kind of relationship to have with women.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:27 am
@najmelliw,
Polygamy isn't cheating. People in polygamous relationships know they're in them.
najmelliw
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:29 am
@ehBeth,
That's absolutely true. However, the core assumption I make here is if he wishes/wants a polygamous relationship, and she believes it is a monogamous relationship.
0 Replies
 
Decipher
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Yea. Agree. Maybe he love himself only.
0 Replies
 
PUNKEY
 
  1  
Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 06:57 am
The question is "Why" would a happily married man cheat?

Perhaps he's not as happy as it appears OR he cheats because there is a willing woman who agrees to feed his ego and accept second place status.
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 07:21 am
He certainly could, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
0 Replies
 
Medusax
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2017 08:20 am
@Decipher,
I have mentioned this before somewhere in these threads, but here it is again. Yes, yes, and yes. While in the military I had this discussion with a "serial" cheater, of which there were many. I asked him once if his marriage vows meant anything at all and why he bothered to get married if he was going to fool around. In his mind, "forsaking all others" did not mean you didn't have sex on the side. He LOVED his wife above all others. He bought her a house, car, vacations, etc. All he did with the others was screw them. So, male logic.
0 Replies
 
genaray2118
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 11:51 am
@CoastalRat,
unfortunately he can and it has absolutely nothing to do with what you did or didnt do, because as I see it if you were totally messed up he couldve left or just brought it to your attention. My husband cheated on me and I took him back and less than a month later . He just got more sofisticated at lying.
0 Replies
 
Theamos
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 07:30 am
They could cheat because they can.
0 Replies
 
NACHOFUNNYMAN
 
  0  
Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 04:19 pm
@Decipher,
a man is as faithful as his options
0 Replies
 
arealtruefeeling
 
  1  
Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 01:04 pm
yes. Some here seem to think these kinds of things are black and white. And, I won't argue that those folks are wrong. If that works for you, then it works for you, I respect your view. I think marriage is a living and organic thing and it changes everyday - meaning that it is not static forever and ever after it's beginning. Marriage has ups and downs and changes as the couple changes and grows or fails to grow. Each one is unique, so putting them all in a cookie cutter and suggesting they are all the same and should be thought of the same doesn't true up with reality - in my mind.

I think Marriage is grey. each one is different and each person in the couple needs to "earn their wings" everyday. None of this taking it for granted because we did the deal once sometime ago. Some people are very happy with what their marriage brings them, some are not. Can you be 80% fulfilled? Sure. Might you want to find something else that helps with the other 20%? Sure. Married men and women cheat, not just the men. Largely because there is some element of not being completely fulfilled with all the parts of the marriage relationship.

I understand that this is not OK with a lot of people. But, let's stop and think about the underlying reason behind that instead of making a moral judgment, what is the rationale reason for your thinking? Is it because a promise was made? I think a promise works both ways. Promises also require that both parties hold up their end of the promise. If one party to the promise only keeps up with half of the promise, then why can't the other party try to find fulfillment for the emptiness they feel?

I'm not saying cheating is ok, but I am saying it happens and we should try to understand the reasons when it enters our lives instead of getting all judgmental about it.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Could a happily married man cheat?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 03/22/2019 at 08:58:46