0

Could a happily married woman cheat

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 04:40 am
Regarding my question, the commonly held wisdom is that wives will only cheat if they are not content with their marriages or sex lives with their husbands.
However In the post entitled ‘Could a happily married man cheat’, I like the @mystickmind post that shows that temptation is a another significant factor and I agree with this view, especially when combined with opportunity. Such as the following comment
“If however an opportunity to cheat is thrust upon them, then it becomes a different story! The more intense, the temptation, then the more likely they will cheat.”

We all know the scenario. Married lady away in a hotel on business is approached by an attractive guy who is better looking, fitter and sexier than her husband. He’s an alpha male, full of self confidence and soon makes it clear he’s not after just having a drink and a chat. A no-strings, one night stand is on the table and no way hubby will find out. How many girls would say yes? Not a majority for sure, but maybe a notable minority, say 20 – 25%? Depends, obviously on the girl’s personality and is not just about the sex. The appeal of getting naked with a new guy, the thrill of cheating would all be factors as well.
Although I’m convinced my own wife has never cheated, I’m not naïve enough to assume that in the above scenario, she would turn down the guy, especially as she has a lot of risk factors. She is 35 and we are happily married with a rewarding sex life. She’s very attractive, stylish, sociable and outgoing and loves meeting new people. Before we became engaged when she was 29, she often had multiple lovers on the go at the same time, and thinks sex is having fun with someone you fancy. She also still has a roving eye for good looking guys. Also her married friends cheat, mainly alcohol fuelled one off flings with guys met at clubs, leaving the other girls to come up with cover stories for their husbands. Don’t think she would ever do this as she’s a very modest drinker, but I do get to hear about these flings from her and she only seems to disapprove of her friend’s choice of guy, rather than the fact they are cheating.
However, opportunity is the biggest risk factor now that my wife has resumed her professional career after our son has now started full time school. This will involve travel and overnight stays in London and this will typically be 2 consecutive nights every 2 weeks. He first trip away will be the first night we have spent apart since we got married. Clearly this all ratchets up the opportunity and temptation stakes!

Looking forward to people’s views.

PUNKEY

2  
Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 09:56 am
Seems odd that your wife is sharing these “cheat stories” with you - but, whatever.

If a gal’s got hamburger at home, she’s going to want a bite of the steak offered to her.

Apparently your wife still thinks you are better than anything she’s seen out there.

Always be the steak.
jackstraw

1  
Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 10:45 am
@PUNKEY,
Does seem odd, but then again my wife can't keep a secret. Guess if she cheats (and I hope not), she'll probably tell me anyway. Also she reckons she tells me because I "Get it", meaning I understand that women stray as often as men these days.

I shall endevour to remain as the steak, but then again she's not had her trips away yet. First one tomorrow, she spends 2 nights away.