The Statue Wars Begin

Olivier5

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 07:19 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
she once saw Fabrice Luchini in a Monoprix.

Did he hit on her? The guy has a reputation.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 07:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
well then, your perspicacity is far advanced of mere mortals. Most reasonable people believed he was actually scheduled for open heart surgery and took the time to merely wish him well and speedy recovery.

When that happened he was suitably embarrassed and wasted no time in apologizing profusely.

farmerman wrote:
Thats the real difference tween you guys and liberals, you guys operate under a world of "alternate facts" and dont see anything wrong in it . (Just like your president).

I live in the world of real facts. And I find that liberals often have a problem with me posting those facts.
Foofie

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 12:29 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The core group here is pretty much in ideological lockstep, and they are pretty abusive to anyone who expresses ideas outside their worldview. Sure, this is human nature, but on a public discussion forum such as this it is a wasted opportunity.

I often disagree with you Foofie (including about Israel), but I do appreciate that you are not part of the group think here.

You have to disagree with me. You have no free will to not disagree with me, since my orientation, I believe, would threaten your identity, if you did agree with me. And, it's fine if you don't agree with me. Look how long it too pagans to give up their stone idols. We both won't be here to see that Foofie was closer to reality than some others. Yes, smugness can be a virtue.

Which reminds me, do you give any credence to the "block concept of time"?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:09 pm
@oralloy,
Thank you for pointing out the truth regarding my statement, but it's ultimately pointless. Farmerman decries the use of false facts but indulges in them shamelessly.

It's the MO of the Clique. Make an unfounded accusation and then hope they will tie you up in knots defending yourself. I don't think it's something they have all conspired to do. That would be giving their intellect far too much credit. Instead, it's just a loathsome propensity that they have all developed over time and when thrown together in a common forum draws them to one another the way thieves tend to congregate.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Farmerman decries the use of false facts but indulges in them shamelessly!"

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hitlerparody/images/a/aa/Hitler-finds-out.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130704032316
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:15 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

"Farmerman decries the use of false facts but indulges in them shamelessly!"

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hitlerparody/images/a/aa/Hitler-finds-out.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130704032316

Well, I wouldn't compare FM to Hitler, but if you say so.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Well, I wouldn't compare FM to Hitler, but if you say so.

Er, it's not Farmerman. But you knew that.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:27 pm
@centrox,
Well if it was either of us it would be repugnant and ludicrous, but I doubt you knew this.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
repugnant and ludicrous

And they say Americans don't 'get' irony!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:50 pm
@centrox,
There's a difference between irony and idiocy which even the Brits should get.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Bruno Ganz hears the Clique has made an unfounded accusation"
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/3/16/1300303071325/DOWNFALL---Bruno-Ganz-as--007.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=8554a29998cdec01fd7be125a4735b17
Die Clique hat eine unbegründete Anschuldigung gemacht!
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 01:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
There's a difference between irony and idiocy which even the Brits should get.

Well, I think it's funny, so maybe you should get over yourself.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 02:01 pm
@centrox,
Shame on you Centrox, you know Finn gets very upset if you make fun of Hitler.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 02:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Quote:
she once saw Fabrice Luchini in a Monoprix.

Did he hit on her? The guy has a reputation.

No. He seemed to be in a hurry to pay for some yogurt. I think she would not have minded. We both think he is very funny. He can do more acting with his eyes than some actors do with all their bodies. I think my wife and I will re-watch Alceste à bicyclette this weekend.
centrox

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Shame on you Centrox, you know Finn gets very upset if you make fun of Hitler.

I think everybody's going to be pissed off before I get tired of captioning stills from Downfall.
emmett grogan

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 02:15 pm
@centrox,
And a good time will be had by all.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 02:16 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
Quote:
Well, I think it's funny, so maybe you should get over yourself.

That's a pile way too high for him to get over.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 05:22 pm
I think it's hilarious that Finny is whining about "the Clique," after Max started the whining and introduced the term. It's really fantastic irony to see this kind of puerile whining from sore winners. It's like Christians in the United States complaining that they're persecuted.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 06:44 pm
@Setanta,
Hardly whining. It is legitimate to call out the bad behavior of the rabid pack of liberals here that lashes out against anyone who differs from their cultlike ideology.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 08:33 pm
Liberals are social resent people.

Obama is a social resent person.

These guys hate society with morality and principles.

It has been a bless to have Donald Trump as our current president.

Turning statues down is the silly attempt of liberals to change society. So far, absolutely nobody look at the statues now and the same happened before.

The plain truth is that those statues have been posted in several places in order to provide jobs, spend government money to be given to private companies, a way to gave away tax payers money.

Tell me the truth: you, how many statues in the street you have "visited" in order to give honor to such a representation of a hero, governor or whatever?

Surely NONE.

(if you say "yes" you are a liar)

They are just decorations, and private companies make a hell of money making them, because the government is the easiest prey to be corrupted.

After a statue is built, the mayor or senator or governor has received his "cut". No doubt about it.

So, keep turning down statues in the street, after all, nobody pays attention to them anyway.

Lol