Why I left the Democratic Party

maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 02:57 am
@edgarblythe,
Not saying that you support trump now, but you amd he shared the same goals on November 9th, 2016.

So congrats on your election you and Trump got what you wanted.
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 04:32 am
@maporsche,
Guess you had the same goals as Stalin if you supported your country fighting Hitler... you really should stop trying to sell your vote-shaming bullshit, Stalinist. There are people who want to pull the rug from under this disgusting, corrupt system that delivered Trump and Clinton as our choices-- and it is having an effect. I'm goddam glad that a segment of our country found a way to send a reverberation of slapback to the powerlords in this country, of fighting this broken oligarchic system, and where the **** are you? Propping it up with your lame-ass, short-sighted capitulation.

Be ashamed!

Noted a funny metaphorical aside, reading this morning . Trump's support is at an all-time low!! He's so unpopular! Wow, what a hated guy. The only politician MORE hated???

Clinton. Haha. You just can't make this up.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/06/trump-public-opinion-better-than-hillary-clinton-242398

Vote Kucinich. Vote often.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 05:57 am
@Lash,
Didn't read all this. I wasn't alive for WW2 so what you wrote doesn't really apply to me.

Congrats on Election 2016 Lash!!! You got the result you wanted. Why are you offended by hat and feeling the need to jump in and defend Edgar?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 06:40 am
I don't need any defending. My politics derive from Roosevelt and continue in a straight line to Bernie Sanders. Those who deviate from the essentials of the New Deal and a strong safety net do not represent me and I no longer support voting the lesser of two evils.
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 06:49 am
@maporsche,
It's just your lame bullying tactic, trotted out bi-weekly.

You're an enemy of the people, and an activist for the oligarchy. You're still in power, but we will smash your corrupt, elitist state. Tell your daddies Koch.

😏Fair warning.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 06:50 am
@edgarblythe,
I know Edgar. I believe that you're doing what you think is right (I don't believe Lash).

I just think you're wrong. And I think you're playing into the hands of republicans (who you know, have a goal of a splintered left).

But those are my beliefs. You have yours. We'll just keep disagreeing I guess.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 06:53 am
@Lash,
Lash, you great patriotic defender of the left wing, how have your tactics produced any results. Will it ever? It may be too soon in your eyes but in your little circle of influence...has your approach netted you anything at all?

I'm not suggesting that mine has, I'm just curious if you think you've been effective at whatever it is you're trying to do
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:02 am
@maporsche,
I don't see how supporting establishment Democrats could help anything. They have lost the entire nation, local and federal, to the far right and/or big money interests. In a pinch, they often vote for what Republicans want. They try to keep just enough liberal policy in place to mollify the base. Bill Clinton left a bad feeling with me, when he usurped Republican notions for his own and everybody complimented his genius in doing so. That's when the Democrats' ski lift reached the top and the reckless ride to the bottom took over, to the agony of defeat.
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:09 am
I feel confident that the #DEMEXIT has the attention of the establishment Dems. There is a fight being waged over the party's soul.

You'd have to be under a rock not to clearly see that.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:34 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I feel confident that the #DEMEXIT has the attention of the establishment Dems. There is a fight being waged over the party's soul.

You'd have to be under a rock not to clearly see that.

The only people in my life who talk about a demexit are two anonymous people on this internet message board.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:44 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't know how you can look at the policy positions of the tea party, compare them to the positions of even the most centrist democrat, and not see the VAST differences.

To me, your decision seems more emotional than rational. I could be wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:46 am
@maporsche,
On the surface, the Democrats appear much more rational. In practice, not so much.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:52 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

On the surface, the Democrats appear much more rational. In practice, not so much.

I'd love some evidence of this.

Let's go to the state level where democrat and republican policy differences can be seen more clearly.

The coasts versus the south and Midwest.

You're telling me you don't see differences between Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and New York and California??
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 08:04 am
@maporsche,
I have been posting evidence of this for years. Not my fault if people don't grasp it.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 08:08 am
@edgarblythe,
This is a commment meant to disengage in the conversation I thought we were having.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 01:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Why being against Clinton is equated in some minds with supporting Trump is a mystery to me.

There's a difference between saying "I'm against Clinton," and saying

Lash wrote:
When I compare his worst to the worst of Hillary Clinton, a clear winner emerges in the danger sweepstakes.

Calling Trump "a clear winner" as a political option when pitched against Hillary isn't just a rejection of Hillary, it's an implicit endorsement of Trump.

If you disagree with that, see how it sounds if someone says that compared to Trump, the Hillary option would have been "a clear winner." Because to me, that would sound like an endorsement of Hillary.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 04:39 pm
I don't answer for lash. She would not want me to.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 04:46 pm
@old europe,
If you'd like to win a cherry picking/ gotcha game, I'mma let you have it. It's not worth typing.

If you look at the entirety of what I said, you'd agree with me.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 05:33 pm
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 06:16 pm
@Lash,
The entirety of what you said was that between Hillary and Trump, Trump was the better option.

I disagree with that.