Why I left the Democratic Party

Lash

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 12:46 pm
You people are so predictable. Sheep, turning and bleating en masse, marching to a favored piper.

The FBI is leading a political charge against trump, so people who used to claim that they espoused liberal beliefs — and were concerned about the shadowy undemocratic power that has begun to coalesce in our increasingly unaccountable spy agencies — are suddenly FBI fans! As long as they’re doing that one big thing you approve, cloak them in everything else.

This is precisely how Clinton and Trump crawled to the top of our political shitpiles.

Sheeple bleating today:
1. The FBI could not have found the shooter.
2. The FBI could’ve found the shooter, but jeez.
3. You’re a right winger if you criticize the FBI.

You people deserve the government you have.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 12:48 pm
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=4380489-Justice-Department-s-Internet-Research-Agency

full indictment
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 12:49 pm
@camlok,
If you read my initial comment you'll see that I mention the Federal Bureau of Investigation. This country's historical violence is not germane to the question I raised.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I reject the notion that voting third party is voting for Trump.

given what's just come down in the indictment looks like Trump's team disagreed with you
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
You’re a right winger if you criticize the FBI

That's not a charge I've seen anyone making. What I'm saying is that it's somewhat hypocritical or maybe disingenuous for right wing elements who have opposed efforts to curb gun violence to suddenly try to blame the FBI in this case, as if it lets them off the hook.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 01:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Quote:

@maggieNYT

51m51 minutes ago

Promoting Stein was a big part of the Manafort campaign strategy in late spring/early summer
Lash

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 01:09 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hightor wrote:
I hope the right-wingers don't start using this as more fuel for their campaign to discredit the Bureau because it would be a classic way for them to cover their own culpability.

it's already happening in this thread

Yes, SHE did, hightor.
Lash

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Quote:

@maggieNYT

51m51 minutes ago

Promoting Stein was a big part of the Manafort campaign strategy in late spring/early summer

And Clinton’s team promoted Trump.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 01:32 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
If you read my initial comment you'll see that I mention the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

It is up to the writer to make their words clear.

Quote:
This country's historical violence is not germane to the question I raised.

It most certainly is. When a country is bathed in violence, no one should be surprised when violence is what you get.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:06 pm
I also reject the notion that this thread should devolve into a shoulda voted Dem fest. What is going on this instant in congress as the Young Turks and others repeatedly point out is the Dems lose and get outsmarted even when making the right move and standing for something is a no brainer. As Cenk says, they are getting paid to lose.
camlok

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
As Cenk says, they are getting paid to lose.

I thought Cenk got the boot, Edgar. Are you watching old reruns?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:12 pm
Bombshell indictment details Russian election interference operations
Quote:
the Russian operatives “began to encourage U.S. minority groups not to vote in the 2016 U.S. presidential election” — or even to support third party candidates like Jill Stein. As one post read, “Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote.”

Y'all got played.
Lash

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:14 pm
@DrewDad,
People voted the way they wanted to vote.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:15 pm
@DrewDad,
You got played putting Hillary Clinton up for President.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:17 pm
And I am no longer going to respond to these shoulda voted Dem posts. They are being put up as a smokescreen to block attention on how poorly the Dems are responding today.
camlok

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:18 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Bombshell indictment details Russian election interference operations
Quote:
the Russian operatives “began to encourage U.S. minority groups not to vote in the 2016 U.S. presidential election” — or even to support third party candidates like Jill Stein. As one post read, “Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote.”

So much for freedom of speech in grand ole usa.

Y'all got played for well over 235 years.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

And I am no longer going to respond to these shoulda voted Dem posts. They are being put up as a smokescreen to block attention on how poorly the Dems are responding today.

And you need to be careful not to be just amplifying those who want division and chaos in the United States.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 02:55 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
It is up to the writer to make their words clear.

Sorry if you can't be bothered to look five posts up on the same page. But it's great to have a schoolmarm on the site. Of course the possessive pronoun in this case should be singular — "it is up to the writer to make his words clear."
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 03:03 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
As long as they’re doing that one big thing you approve, cloak them in everything else.

That's not quite accurate. When they deserve criticism they should be criticized. When they deserve support they should be supported. In the current political climate I believe the I.C.E. agents are a much more serious danger to our civil liberties and democratic institutions.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2018 03:08 pm
@hightor,
yup - criticizing the FBI doesn't turn someone into a right-wing whatever - the critics on the right are already there
0 Replies