Why I left the Democratic Party

maporsche

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 09:08 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I didn't realize establishment democrats had been tasked to support Monsanto.

Hella more corporate than I thought.

Tasked? Whom would be doing the tasking?

I'm supporting science.

I don't give two craps about Monsanto.

You're getting more and more like JTT everyday.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 09:12 am
@maporsche,
I agree with Maporsche.

Science isn't swayed by political sides. The facts are what they are. The idea that facts won't ever support Monsanto is ridiculous.

To refuse to accept scientific facts because you hate Monsanto isn't a rational position to take.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 10:30 am
I quit arguing Monsanto on line, because it takes hours out of my life and nobody gives an inch. Corporatism of our food supply is like religion. The true believers take the corporate line down to the last gulp of Roundup and will defend it with their last breath.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 10:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Oh right Edgar. And I stopped making sarcastic comments online.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 11:00 am
@maxdancona,
Do you enjoy your Roundup on the rocks or neat?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 11:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I quit arguing Monsanto on line, because it takes hours out of my life and nobody gives an inch. Corporatism of our food supply is like religion. The true believers take the corporate line down to the last gulp of Roundup and will defend it with their last breath.

The world needs more GMOs, not less.

Also, the research and technology should be government funded and disbursed for free around the world.
maporsche

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 11:40 am
Science I believe in:

Human caused Climate Change
pro-vaccines
pro-GMOs
Evolution
Tobacco causes cancer
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 12:29 pm
@maporsche,
5 out of 6 ain't bad.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 12:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think you meant 5 out of 5.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 12:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Oops - 4 out of 5
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 05:05 pm
@maporsche,
Bottoms up!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 05:07 pm
@maxdancona,
I hate Monsanto because it's poison. Why the hell else would I possibly have a negative 'political' opinion about it???
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:06 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20638524_1047193645423353_3599622006112404350_n.png?oh=a3a39e1f53be399e083a5edf22199c3a&oe=5A27E170
maporsche

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:23 pm
You two are proving time and time again that being a nut job isn't just a domain of tea party idiots
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:30 pm
@Lash,
Uhhhh...because it's a big multi-national corporation?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
True, but I'm very sure we won't agree very much on what the "lies" are.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:45 pm
@Lash,
Thought you might be interested if this:

Concerning Monsanto, on June 30, 2017, attorneys from Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman, along with the leadership of the Roundup multidistrict litigation (MDL), challenged the protection of the documents below, in an effort to make them available to the public. In a meeting to discuss the matter, Monsanto told the plaintiffs’ attorneys to “go away” and that the company would not voluntarily agree to de-designate any documents.

Pursuant to Paragraph 16.3 of the Protective Order in the MDL, Monsanto was required to file a motion seeking continued protection of those documents challenged by the Plaintiffs’ June 30, 2017 letter within 30 days. In failing to file such motion within 30 days, i.e., July 31, 2017, Monsanto “automatically waive[s] the confidentiality designation for each challenged designation.” Id. ¶ 16.3.  And, since Monsanto did not file any motion seeking continued protection of the documents, it waived confidentiality over them. The documents are now officially public and Baum Hedlund is excited to share them with the world.

https://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/toxic-tort-law/monsanto-roundup-lawsuit/monsanto-secret-documents/
maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Unlearn the lies they have been taught"... that's funny.

Why wouldn't I just take my kids out of school in the first place... if they are going to have to just unlearn science and math anyway.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 07:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
****, Finn, if they were able to 'create' healthy food for the ever-growing masses, I'd be all for it.

I'm concerned about how people will be fed in the near future. I am interested in solutions to that problem.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 07:23 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

****, Finn, if they were able to 'create' healthy food for the ever-growing masses, I'd be all for it.

I'm concerned about how people will be fed in the near future. I am interested in solutions to that problem.

They are