Why I left the Democratic Party

Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:06 am
@Lash,
The political climate suits you well when it comes to hating democrats, and attacking Hillary.
layman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:06 am
@Lash,
If Auntie Maxine's advice is followed, there is no question that violence would ensue. If someone was blocking my way into a store or gas station, while throwing insults at me, then there's gunna be trouble. Not only is that non-constiutionally protected "fighting words," but it is also a violation of my civil right to travel (not to even mention "false imprisonment," etc).

Them pervs don't back off then I'm slippin on my brass knuckles, right quick, if it's me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:16 am
@Olivier5,
Yeah. Everybody has an opinion. You do.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/25/opinions/ex-secret-service-agent-says-waters-comments-are-dangerous-wackrow/

————————
CNN) —

"For these members of his Cabinet who remain and try to defend him, they're not going to be able to go to a restaurant, to be able to stop at a gas station, to be able to shop at a department store. The people are going to turn on them, they're going to protest, they're going to absolutely harass them until they tell the President: 'No, I can't hang with you,'" said Waters over the weekend during an interview.

That's always been the left's idea of "political persuasion," eh? If they don't want to vote for you, then just beat them until they do.
revelette1

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:24 am
@Lash,
I don't defend Waters, I think she takes resistance too far calling for harrassment, however, I am not sure I have heard word one from you personally when Trump was encouraging his rally supporters to knock hit someone and he would pay their court cost.

It is your one sided criticism which makes your support of progressives suspect at best.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
@layman,
Interestingly this was the rhetorical style of both Communist and Fascist movements in the 20th century. The latter are (mostly wrongly) considered to be right wing extremists because they tolerated private ownership of property and businesses. However, they - like the Soviets - called for Party or Government control of all aspects of social and economic life, and were therefore equally totalitarian and opposed to freedom and individual liberty.
Lash

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:27 am
@Olivier5,
I really do hate those damn Clintons.🤣
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:31 am
@revelette1,
Trump has promoted violence. He even said he'll pay the legal fees. This is a violent person who fails to understand social norms. As he has said, both sides have good people, and he's including white supremacists. He pushed the birther idea that Obama was born in Kenya for five years. What sane person would do such a thing? Yes, Trump is insane, unbalanced mentally, and unfit to be the president of this country. By virtue of getting elected as our president, we can determine that many in this country are bigots who agree with Trump's history of bigotry, and accept all of his lies. On Trump;s bigotry: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/every-moment-donald-trumps-long-complicated-history-race On Trump's lies: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/5/30/17404840/trump-lies-demonstrable-falsehoods
Lash

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:34 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I don't defend Waters, I think she takes resistance too far calling for harrassment, however, I am not sure I have heard word one from you...

That really says all that needs to be said about you.
Over and over.
In preface to everything you write.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:42 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Interestingly this was the rhetorical style of both Communist and Fascist movements in the 20th century. The latter are (mostly wrongly) considered to be right wing extremists because they tolerated private ownership of property and businesses. However, they - like the Soviets - called for Party or Government control of all aspects of social and economic life, and were therefore equally totalitarian and opposed to freedom and individual liberty.

Yeah, you're right, of course, George. It's characteristic of extremists, of any stripe. So I hereby amend my post to say "left wing extremists." Of course that's just redundant, but...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:49 am
@layman,
layman, You fail to understand what America is all about. People are free to express their opinion in this country, even about the president. There are laws against discrimination. It takes "political persuasion" to fight for equality. It's the history of this country. I should know. As a Japanese American, the white majority put us into concentration camps during WWII without being charged with any crime. It was an action contrary to the US Constitution on "equal justice under our laws." Unfortunately, we still have bigots like Donald Trump as the president. He has a long history of bigotry. Study about him and his father's bigotry in NYC. That's the unfortunate history of this country; we have not eliminated bigotry. Our Constitution declares that "all men are created equal." Unfortunately, that's only an idea and not reality.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 11:08 am
@Lash,
So you should be able to understand people hating Trump... It ain't that complicated.
Lash

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 11:46 am
@Olivier5,
Dude. Of course.

Despite the way I feel about the Clintons (and I’d be happy to see them go to prison), I don’t want them, their kid or grandkids attacked or followed by a mob in the street.

I don’t want Barron Trump or the Clinton grandchildren attacked in public or online.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 11:50 am
@Lash,
Fair enough.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
As he has said, both sides have good people, and he's including white supremacists.
No he isn't.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 02:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Unfortunately, we still have bigots like Donald Trump as the president. He has a long history of bigotry.
Nonsense.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 03:12 pm
@oralloy,
Hey Ollie. It sent nonsense. Type into any search engine "Trumps bigotry" and read the results. Who knows, even you might learn something.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 09:08 pm
@oralloy,
Trump's racism.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump's bigotry from dog whistle to megaphone.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/opinions/trump-has-gone-from-dog-whistle-bigotry-to-megaphone-prejudice-opinion-dantonio/index.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 09:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump's global bigotry. It doesn't get any more expansive than this for any president.
https://newrepublic.com/article/146596/trumps-global-bigotry