Would you have sex with a midget?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:03 am
Annnnnnnnd, please don't take my view as some sort of pc thing. My view comes from thinking the guy I saw at Venice beach was the same as me.

I don't actually care if you all disagree, but I wish you wouldn't.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 06:02 am
ossobuco wrote:
Did I say you shouldn't talk about that?

(I don't know, I'd have to check back, seems not like me)

I don't know either, that's why I was "if"-ing ("if your point is rather..").

Perhaps I'm just not clear what your point here is. Are you saying we should discuss the serious dimensions of being a dwarf etc as well as engaging in whatever flippancies we seem to be enjoying here - or are you saying we shouldn't engage in the jokes thing, period? I guess that was the question I was trying to ask, in my way, in my previous post.

If your wish is for us to have a serious discussion as well as doing the Slappy thing, then, my suggestion was, just start a serious thread about it, why not? No trying to shut you up implied. Its just that a jokey thread asking "Would you have sex with a midget" doesnt immediately seem the most appropriate forum for a serious discussion on the subject, after all.

This happens all the time (in Politics too). Eg, eBeth yesterday asked Lash and me to take a discussion about the EU and Chirac off of the Ukrainian thread, which it was related to but in an aside kind of way, and into a thread more specific to the topic, so that the Ukrainian thread could remain focused on what it was intended for (and the EU/Chirac discussion get the specific attention it deserves). We obliged and took no offence, why should we?

If your wish was not so much to engage us in a separate serious discussion (which could just as well take place in a separate thread), but to stop the present jokey thread, then my above remark applies. My apologies if this was not the case. If it was the case, well - mission accomplished, I'd say - the thread is now dead, after all ... no more tasteless jokes ...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 07:45 am
So would you two have sex with a midget?

That's all the thread is about, you can look at it as a joke or serious.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 10:52 am
http://www.gimpstore.com/lp_oi.html
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 11:24 am
cjhsa,

I'm definitely going to order the "Got Midget" bumpersticker for my piece of s--- car.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:18 pm
My comments were reactive to this specific thread and I'm not interested in taking them elsewhere. I also didn't mean to shut down the thread, but to figure out what is going on in it.

"Its just that a jokey thread asking "Would you have sex with a midget" doesnt immediately seem the most appropriate forum for a serious discussion on the subject, after all." It doesn't? Ten pages of jokes about peoples' size?

I was trying to figure out if all of you think of dwarfs as entirely "other". Joking when you have a basic empathy about people is fine with me. I wasn't seeing any empathy.
Maybe I missed it.

<going away now>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:36 pm
No, I'm not empathizing with anyone, not trying to knock the little ones.

Just expected people to say something like "yea, I'd bang a midget," or "no, I couldn't be attracted enough to a midget to have the sex." And of course the "this is offensive" which comes across almost every thread anyway.

That's all.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
In this case Slappy... No, I wouldn't.
0 Replies