Special Counsel for Russia Election Interference: Robert Mueller.

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:08 pm
@McGentrix,
You must read more about this stuff than I do. Cigars? Oh, never mind.

I've got a good book going instead.
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 11:37 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
There is a general consensus that Russia meddled in the US election.

Only amongst ignorant people...

I can see Putin trying to persuade Americans that they should vote for Trump.

What I can't see is why the Democrats are throwing a tantrum about it.

Back in the late 1990s Bill Clinton got massively involved in Israeli elections and got Netanyahu voted out of office.

A few years ago Barack Obama did the same but failed to defeat Netanyahu.

If the Democrats think it was a crime for Putin to try to persuade Americans to vote for a certain candidate, perhaps Clinton and Obama need to be extradited to Israel for trial.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 11:40 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
They may end up having to either build some colossal new demoperv prison or empty out all of America's normal prisons for demopervs. Either that or simply wall off some section of the Grand Canyon on two sides and heave the demopervs in. They could put stainless steel bars 4 inches apart on the bottom of the thing so that the Colorado River could still flow without letting any of the demopervs loose

If we manage to outlaw the Democratic Party (which I think we really need to do if the courts will allow it), I think Guantanamo should become a dual purpose facility for housing both liberals and terrorists.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 04:24 am
@oralloy,
sounds like the Brownshorts live. Why not round up everyone who has a little Democrat in them and just develop some kind of final solution
McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 06:25 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

You must read more about this stuff than I do. Cigars? Oh, never mind.

I've got a good book going instead.

I will just post the link here, just in case. It goes to the Starr report where it was discussed. link
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 07:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
sounds like the Brownshorts live. Why not round up everyone who has a little Democrat in them and just develop some kind of final solution

Actually, you could automate the process with today's technology, that is, have a voting booth in which a snowflake voter would no sooner mark his/her ballot for the latest incarnation of HDK (Hildeabeast Dindu KKKlintler), then a trap door would open beneath the snowflakes feet, he/she would go straight through the floor, there would be a muffled zapping sound, and the remains would go straight up the chimney. That would require nothing much more than a 40 or 50 foot version of one of the little bug zapper's which you buy at Walmart, and a little bit of engineering creativity. The benefit to the country's basic gene pool would be colossal.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 09:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
Enough to get Flynn sacked, for Sessions to recuse himself and for a panic stricken Trump to dismiss Comey and subsequently threaten him. No smoke without fire, and there's enough smoke to keep us in kippers for the rest of the millennium.

And yet you don't tell us even one result from the investigation.

As well, plausible arguments can and have been made that:

"Plausible," "what if"...Anybody got a fact?
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 11:01 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
that is, have a voting booth in which a snowflake voter would no sooner mark his/her ballot for the latest incarnation of HDK (Hildeabeast Dindu KKKlintler), then a trap door would open beneath the snowflakes feet, he/she would go straight through the floor, there would be a muffled zapping sound, and the remains would go straight up the chimney. That would require nothing much more than a 40 or 50 foot version of one of the little bug zapper's which you buy at Walmart, and a little bit of engineering creativity. The benefit to the country's basic gene pool would be

Wow, in many other fora, you could get bounced for preaching violence and hate like that. have you EVER read the US Constitution? (I think not because its too "snowflakey" for you brownshorts)

I wouldnt go getting serious with your brownshorts friends.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 02:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Well that's the last time I weigh in on one of your arguments.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 03:58 pm
@farmerman,
Disgusting, isn't it? Definitely low-class. Decent people (such as Finn and others) don't engage in this sort of rhetoric. It's beneath them.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Wow, in many other fora, you could get bounced for preaching violence and hate like that. have you EVER read the US Constitution? (I think not because its too "snowflakey" for you brownshorts)

I wouldnt go getting serious with your brownshorts friends.

Are you ******* serious with this **** Farmerman?

It was your suggestion, so maybe you should stop preaching violence and hate like that.

farmerman wrote:

What kind of sick monster are you to suggest this tripe? Then to get indignant about it? No wonder you are referred to as a cheese-eater. You remember what you said about that, right?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:01 am
@wmwcjr,
Thank you for the compliment, but I would just point you to McG's comment.

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Well that's the last time I weigh in on one of your arguments.

It wasn't intended personally. I just think this whole affair is a mess of guessing with no actual facts. It's an investigation in search of a crime.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:13 am
@Brandon9000,
And I was kidding. Should have used an emoticon.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:53 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Just curious who is offended by Trump talking about grabbing pussy and not so much by Clinton sticking cigars in there.

I don't particularly want to hear about the details of anyone's sexual activities; I happen to believe in the concept of personal privacy. However, no one — including the victimized Ms. Lewinsky — has ever suggested that the activities in the Oval Office were non-consensual. Mr. Trump, on the other hand, bragged about his ability to sexually assault women so yes, I do find that a bit more offensive.

At some point, it would be nice if every expression of disgust or outrage concerning Mr. Trump's behavior, intellect, character, or political misdeeds weren't answered with the knee jerk response, "Well, Clinton (Obama, LBJ, FDR) did it too and it was worse!" You should know by now that you can pretty much scratch any human being and find a hypocrite. It's how we're made. We can overlook less than admirable traits in friends and acquaintances if these lapses don't significantly affect the other characteristics of the relationship which we value. I've worked with drunks, bigots, and deadbeat dads and as long as their moral failings didn't work to the detriment of the job in terms of safety, quality, and productivity I couldn't really care less.

It's pretty easy to dig up **** on politicians. They work in a human zoo, after all.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 06:10 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Just curious who is offended by Trump talking about grabbing pussy and not so much by Clinton sticking cigars in there.

I don't particularly want to hear about the details of anyone's sexual activities; I happen to believe in the concept of personal privacy. However, no one — including the victimized Ms. Lewinsky — has ever suggested that the activities in the Oval Office were non-consensual. Mr. Trump, on the other hand, bragged about his ability to sexually assault women so yes, I do find that a bit more offensive.

you "happen to believe in the concept of personal privacy" and when a private conversation is aired it gets blown up to be more than it is. Is there evidence that he ever did so non-consensually? Do you imagine Trump just walking down 5th ave grabbing every woman in arms reach by the crotch?

Quote:
At some point, it would be nice if every expression of disgust or outrage concerning Mr. Trump's behavior, intellect, character, or political misdeeds weren't answered with the knee jerk response, "Well, Clinton (Obama, LBJ, FDR) did it too and it was worse!" You should know by now that you can pretty much scratch any human being and find a hypocrite. It's how we're made. We can overlook less than admirable traits in friends and acquaintances if these lapses don't significantly affect the other characteristics of the relationship which we value. I've worked with drunks, bigots, and deadbeat dads and as long as their moral failings didn't work to the detriment of the job in terms of safety, quality, and productivity I couldn't really care less.

It's pretty easy to dig up **** on politicians. They work in a human zoo, after all.

After 8 years of "Bush/Reagan Did It!" you'll have to wait for awhile before that dies down.
hightor

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 10:32 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Do you imagine Trump just walking down 5th ave grabbing every woman in arms reach by the crotch?

Frankly, I don't even wish to have that picture in my head. But, recalling the Billy Bush video, Mr. Trump was describing something very much like that. Some woman shows up for a interview and he puts a lip lock on her. That was what the women who complained publicly said. I'm not saying he behaves that way today. But then, Bill Clinton probably doesn't either.
Quote:
After 8 years of "Bush/Reagan Did It!" you'll have to wait for awhile before that dies down.

I don't know that it will ever be different; I was just hoping that after reading similar charges and counter-charges on this forum for so long that people would eventually see it as rather lame.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 10:41 am
@McGentrix,
I never proposed violence. I responded to the brownshorts mind set by which Gunga seems to hold agreement. If you noted I said that "Prhaps you should develop a final solution". Never had I ever considered that he WOULD PROPOSE IT.

You are the bullshit qnd violence purveyors. If you recall, I suggested that gunga has no idea about our constitution wherein "agreement with your beliefs" isnt required.
You guys seem to make it a condition of continued existence .

"Beware of any violent acts proposed in the name of "Patriotism"
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 05:29 pm
Once again, I made this post in another thread, and figured I should throw it in here, too:

Another lawyer confirms what Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard Law Professor, done said, eh?

Quote:
Gregg Jarrett: What is Robert Mueller investigating (since collusion is not a crime)?

Robert Mueller is tasked with finding a crime that does not exist in the law. It is a legal impossibility.

Colluding with Russia is not, under America’s criminal codes, a crime. It’s just not there.

Perhaps someday Congress will pass a law criminalizing such conduct in political campaigns. But for now, there is not a single statute outlawing collaboration with a foreign government in a U.S. presidential election. Or any election, for that matter.

Under the law granting him legal authority (28 CFR 600), a special counsel is charged with investigating crimes. Only crimes. Nothing else. He has limited jurisdiction. Any other wrongdoing uncovered in the investigation which does not rise to the level of a criminal offense cannot even be made public by the special counsel. That is the law.

=====

Any Related Matters:

Mueller’s probe will inevitably morph into an investigation of President Trump’s meeting with James Comey and his subsequent firing of the FBI Director.

If the president told Comey he hopes former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn can be cleared because “he’s a good guy,” it is not enough to sustain an obstruction charge. Hoping or wishing for an outcome is not the same as influencing, obstructing or impeding. Nor is firing the FBI Director. As Comey himself admitted, the president has the constitutional authority to fire him for any reason or no reason at all.

Furthermore, the term “corruptly” is specifically defined under18 USC 1515(b) as “acting with an improper purpose, including making a false or misleading statement, or withholding, concealing, altering, or destroying a document or other information.” The president’s actions do not come close to satisfying the requirements of acting corruptly.

And Jarret doesn't even mention, as the NYT piece I posted recently does, that that the U.S. Supreme Court has said that "obstruction of justice" is NOT a crime that can be committed with respect to an FBI investigation, because that is not an "official proceeding."

Absence some strong proof of "corrupton" (as defined by law, not cheese-eaters), Trump has every right to ORDER Comey to drop the russian investigation. He didn't even do that, though.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.