Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:43 pm
Thomas wrote:
While it has never been a secret that I think the election was won by the wrong guy, I am not a sour loser either. So I thought I'd come over and congratulate you. Republicans, enjoy the champaign!

(I'm not sure if Republicans would drink such a French product, but do enjoy whatever it is you're drinking. Smile )

No self-respecting Republican would. Very Happy How about a nice California red?

Thanks for the good vibes, Thomas.
0 Replies

hornetguy

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:52 pm
gav wrote:
I'm not American, but all these people who voted for Bush, have been quick to give reasons why they didnt vote for Kerry.

I've a question: what did Bush do for you in the last 4 years, and more over what do you think he'll do for you in the next 4? I've lived here for over a year now and coincidentally enough I lived here for a while at the end of the Clinton era, and I have to say this country has gone downhill quite a bit. Young couples can scarcely afford a house of theyre own, affordable medical care hardly exists, unemployment is at an almost all time high. And people here just seem to be caught up in gay marriage!!. Trust me if you couldnt afford the computer you're sitting infront of now or the chair you were sitting on I doubt very much if you would even give a s**t if gays could marry or not!!!.

Any way original question: what has he done for you?

as stated, unemplyment is at about 5.4%, 5% considered no unemplyment in modern economies pretty much. As far as job loss, there was a dip, but now it is almost identical to jobs in 2000 right as the recession started, we have just gained people, but haven't lost jobs overall. Recession started in 1999, the Clinton years. I have some charts and stuff I can post later. I left the paper copies I can quote in my locker at school, but my father will send me the files. If you want to see them, let me know. O, retail house ownership is at all time high, its not that unaffordable when interest rates are at an all time low, (1.75% i believe).

As far as medical, we need to reform the system, and its the fault of insurence companies and idiots, not the president's.

Sorry if I seem sporadic, but I don't have quite the patience to post as precisely and complexly as all of you. My apologies. Laughing
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:24 pm
I like Bush
Bush likes me
Bush and I fairly fully agree -
Life is fine
Life is good
Especially mine, which is just as it should be
I like pouring the wine and why not?
Life's a pleasure that I deny not!

Where there's music and laughter, happiness is rife.
Why?
Because I Like Life!
(Apologies to Scrooge)

It is good to live in a country that believes in freedom; that believes in justice; that believes that everybody ought to have a fair shake.
And it is nice to live in a time where you can actually believe that the President of the United States.... simply..... means..... what..... he.....
says.
Amazing. Smile
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:27 pm
How nice of Thomas!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:28 pm
hornetguy - you did just fine with your post and welcome to this thread...and to the forum!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:34 pm
Hornetguy writes
Quote:
as stated, unemplyment is at about 5.4%, 5% considered no unemplyment in modern economies pretty much. As far as job loss, there was a dip, but now it is almost identical to jobs in 2000 right as the recession started, we have just gained people, but haven't lost jobs overall. Recession started in 1999, the Clinton years. I have some charts and stuff I can post later. I left the paper copies I can quote in my locker at school, but my father will send me the files. If you want to see them, let me know. O, retail house ownership is at all time high, its not that unaffordable when interest rates are at an all time low, (1.75% i believe).

As far as medical, we need to reform the system, and its the fault of insurence companies and idiots, not the president's.

Sorry if I seem sporadic, but I don't have quite the patience to post as precisely and complexly as all of you. My apologies.

Welcome to A2K Hornetguy and glad you joined in. You're right that much is right of course, and if enough of us just stay focused on what it right, it will be righter.

And don't worry if you don't feel you post as 'precisely and complexly' as some here. You can just join me as a fellow rebel who writes in the manner you are comfortable with. I've been told by more than one that I don't do it right, and you know what? I don't care. Smile
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:56 pm
Moishe3rd - great post! Life is good, and not only because of the election. It was good before. I see the signs it will most likely only get better on a daily basis. I smile everyday at the good things we have and the good things we can look forward to.

I've read some of the other threads on this site and can only feel sorry for some of the people here. They have no hope, they have no optimism. I can't live that way and can only think a hate-filled life isn't the healthiest way to live. Maybe they'll eventually figure it out.

In the meantime, life is good Smile
0 Replies

hornetguy

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:00 pm
thanks for the welcome guys! I have read a lot on this forum for a few months now. I refrained from posting though as I knew it didn't matter. Wink

But ironically, my dad brought me the stats yesterday afternoon and, also ironically, someone talked about the very same things!

Anywho, you may see me post every so often!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:18 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/images/headlines/BushCountry04Map.jpg

This is the county map; looks like the dems won in a land area about the size of Georgia or thereabouts.

Given the magnitude of the shot the dems took at W. this time out, including a solid years worth of constant, total drumbeat on all of the major media, tens of millions of dollars worth of aid from Soros and his band of billionaires, two billion worth of free marketing in the total connivance of the mainstream media up to and including faking the exit polls in a last desparte attempt to suppress republican voting, outspending the GOP something like 10-1 in those 527 organizations, I'd call this one a super mandate. Run this same election on a leval playing field and I'd expect W to win it 70/30.

Anything beyond the solid 30% of total losers who Hitler had in Germany and who the dems have in this country is not solid support for the dems or anything else. All the GOP would really need to turn an awful lot of the dem "base" would be to offer them more cocaine or Night Train than the dems do.
0 Replies

music2myear

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:45 am
LOL That's rich Gungasnake Smile All it would take to get more votin' for Bush, 'ludes, 'shrooms and crack than the dems hand out.

I'd been looking around for this map of the counties. This is just incredible how those who live in Entitlement zones (read big metropolis) vote so "gimme". While those who (to quote George Bailey badly) do most of the "living and working and dying" vote "what can I do".
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:49 am
George Soros might want a copy of that map for his "monastery" wall. I think I'll send him one Smile
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:53 am
gungasnake wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/images/headlines/BushCountry04Map.jpg

This is the county map; looks like the dems won in a land area about the size of Georgia or thereabouts.

Given the magnitude of the shot the dems took at W. this time out, including a solid years worth of constant, total drumbeat on all of the major media, tens of millions of dollars worth of aid from Soros and his band of billionaires, two billion worth of free marketing in the total connivance of the mainstream media up to and including faking the exit polls in a last desparte attempt to suppress republican voting, outspending the GOP something like 10-1 in those 527 organizations, I'd call this one a super mandate. Run this same election on a leval playing field and I'd expect W to win it 70/30.

Anything beyond the solid 30% of total losers who Hitler had in Germany and who the dems have in this country is not solid support for the dems or anything else. All the GOP would really need to turn an awful lot of the dem "base" would be to offer them more cocaine or Night Train than the dems do.

I'm sure that Atlanta is in the blue? I feel like an island in a sea of idiots being the only republican around.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:55 am
cannistershot wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

I'm sure that Atlanta is in the blue? I feel like an island in a sea of idiots being the only republican around.

Is it just me, or does it look like liberals are drawn to water? Maybe we can use that to our advantage. I don't know how yet, but I'm thinking ....
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:58 am
Smile Be proud that you're smarter and more well-informed than the "sea of idiots". Smile
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:58 am
LOL Tico!!!
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:01 am
Tico the pied piper story comes to mind.........
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:04 am
cannistershot wrote:

Yes .... very good. Very Happy

But what shall we use to lure them?
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
I've just popped on and scanned a little of page 9...

someone quoted Gav and then responded...

Here is my question to Gav: Why do you ask "What has Bush done for you?" ? Why does anyone (and its always been a democrat in my experiences) ask what can be done for THEM?

I have what I have from hard work. My husband has his stellar education because he worked hard and studied for 10 years and paid for it himself. Now we are able to live a pretty nice life. We give A LOT. And we are happier for it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:11 am
Ticomaya wrote:
cannistershot wrote:

Yes .... very good. Very Happy

But what shall we use to lure them?

I've got it ... we'll play Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits and then they'll follow us to the water's edge! We can play some Streisand if it looks like we're losing any.

Laughing

---

PamO: Excellent observation and question.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:16 am
Why do you think we are melting the polar ice caps?
0 Replies