Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
Why do you think we are melting the polar ice caps?

Ahh. I've always wondered what our plan was for doing that. It all makes sense now.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:19 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
cannistershot wrote:
Tico the pied piper story comes to mind.........

Yes .... very good. Very Happy

But what shall we use to lure them?

I've got it ... we'll play Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits and then they'll follow us to the water's edge! We can play some Streisand if it looks like we're losing any.

Laughing

---

Maybe we can use Michael Moore in some fashion too? I would like for him to be the at the head of the line.

PamO: Excellent observation and question.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:21 am
PamO, right on. That's the primary difference between neolibs and modern conservatives I think and that is one of the many reasons GWB won this election. Libs tell people they are victims, disadvantaged, and they NEED government to take care of them. The libs says vote for me and I'll give you the world.

Conservatives say you can, you should, you are able, and we'll do everything we can to enable you to do it. When we all do our part, nothing can stop us.

Liberals say 'We'll give it to you'.
Conservatives say "We'll make it possible for you to buy it for yourself."

Paying for it myself? Horrors!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:23 am
cannistershot wrote:
Maybe we can use Michael Moore in some fashion too? I would like for him to be the at the head of the line.

Good point. But I'm thinking a more traditional lure for him ... perhaps a flat-bed truck filled with Twinkies or Ding Dongs?
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:23 am
Foxfyre wrote:
PamO, right on. That's the primary difference between neolibs and modern conservatives I think and that is one of the many reasons GWB won this election. Libs tell people they are victims, disadvantaged, and they NEED government to take care of them. The libs says vote for me and I'll give you the world.

Conservatives say you can, you should, you are able, and we'll do everything we can to enable you to do it. When we all do our part, nothing can stop us.

Liberals say 'We'll give it to you'.
Conservatives say "We'll make it possible for you to buy it for yourself."

Paying for it myself? Horrors!

Exclamation Exclamation Thank you Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:25 am
Ticomaya wrote:
cannistershot wrote:

Good point. But I'm thinking a more traditional lure for him ... perhaps a flat-bed truck filled with Twinkies or Ding Dongs?

Maybe a navy seal with a bag of chips can swim out and he will follow...oh never mind I think that lard floats.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
As does soap. Oh wait...Moore seems to be allergic to soap.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
JustWonders wrote:
As does soap. Oh wait...Moore seems to be allergic to soap.

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:34 am
I know this is an old one rehashed, but it's only a little mean, and it's still good:

Subject: NOTICE FROM CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES:
French Riviera One-Way Cruise

We at Carnival Cruise Lines didn't forget that a lot of entertainers had
promised to leave the country if George W. Bush became President.
With that in mind, we have a Special Offer for those who still want to keep their promise:
ATTENTION:
Would Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Donnell, Ed Asner, Whoopi Goldberg,
Cher, Phil Donahue, Rob Reiner, Barbara Streisand, Jane Fonda, Pierre Salinger, Bruce Springsteen, and anyone else who made that promise, please dispose of all US assets and report to Florida for the sailing of the Funship Cruise, "Elation," which has been commissioned to take you to your new permanent vacation homes in France.

You may opt to be dropped off in Afghanistan or Iraq. The Florida Supreme Court will sponsor a Farewell Parade in your honor through Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties in Florida or the Moveon.org folks can arrange for a bon voyage party in Cleveland prior to your cruise.

Please pack for an extended stay... at least four more years

Note: Since you advocate strict gun control, you may not bring any.

Staffing your voyage is Michael Moore as captain,

Al Sharpton as cruise director,

John Kerry as recreation director,

Ted Kennedy as lifeguard and emergency procedures director.

If you have any questions about making arrangements for your homes, friends and loved ones, please direct your comments to Senator Hillary Clinton.

Her village can raise your children while you're gone, and she
can watch over all your money and your furnishings until you return.

Bon Voyage!
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
I would be willing to chip in a few bucks for the cruise, since these guys are the part of the poor masses that W has bankrupted over the past 4 years. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:44 am
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/LookingSouth-X.gif
Quote:
The above cartoon is from January 2004. Kerry had stated at the time, "Everybody always makes the mistake of looking South. Al Gore proved he could have been president of the United States without winning one Southern state, including his own."
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:49 am
Tico - THANK YOU for thinking up this thread. You guys are hysterical!

Fox - The cruise thing is hilarious - I especially cracked up at the Ted (hiccup) Kennedy as lifeguard image!!!

I heard Robert Redford is mad and planning to move to Ireland. Anyone here think that's wise? IRELAND???
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:59 am
JustWonders wrote:
Tico - THANK YOU for thinking up this thread. You guys are hysterical!

Fox - The cruise thing is hilarious - I especially cracked up at the Ted (hiccup) Kennedy as lifeguard image!!!

I heard Robert Redford is mad and planning to move to Ireland. Anyone here think that's wise? IRELAND???

Ah home of the IRA.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:00 am
Doesn't Redford own a huge, sprawling ranch in Utah? That's about as red a state as there is. Is he gonna sell it all off now?

Kerry (read: "Teresa") owns a vacation home(s) in Idaho, another big red state. Something tells me Teresa won't be selling.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:01 am
music2myear wrote:
LOL That's rich Gungasnake Smile All it would take to get more votin' for Bush, 'ludes, 'shrooms and crack than the dems hand out.

I'd been looking around for this map of the counties. This is just incredible how those who live in Entitlement zones (read big metropolis) vote so "gimme". While those who (to quote George Bailey badly) do most of the "living and working and dying" vote "what can I do".

"Living and working and dying," and "entitlement zones"? Does that count the agricultural subsidies, price floors, rural welfare, and pork barrel projects? As I've said a million times, it's much easier to talk about free markets than to actually enact free market policies (something this administration has failed at). Red Areas are even guiltier than the Blue Zones, although they're also more prone towards self righteousness with regards to hand-outs (many or most of which they receive). http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20. Gimme tax breaks AND gimme entitlementsÂ… what ever happened to fiscal responsibility?

If you're fiscally conservative Republican, I suggest you either promote major change within the current fiscally irresponsible GOP (the most irresponsible spender in history), or consider yourself an independent. I grow incredibly weary of self-congratulatory pseudo-free-market Republicans. The Republican Party will never become even marginally free market as long as complacency replaces facts.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:01 am
Did anybody else get the sense that Teresa's heart was never really in this thing in the first place?
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:02 am
Its ironic that the Bush states are shown in ketchup red.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:15 am
I also appreciate this thread very much. And Thank you Foxfyre and Ticomaya for the acknowledgment...

Foxfyre, you summed it perfectly.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:17 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Did anybody else get the sense that Teresa's heart was never really in this thing in the first place?

No but her money was Laughing
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:19 am
Steppenwolf wrote:
music2myear wrote:
LOL That's rich Gungasnake Smile All it would take to get more votin' for Bush, 'ludes, 'shrooms and crack than the dems hand out.

I'd been looking around for this map of the counties. This is just incredible how those who live in Entitlement zones (read big metropolis) vote so "gimme". While those who (to quote George Bailey badly) do most of the "living and working and dying" vote "what can I do".

"Living and working and dying," and "entitlement zones"? Does that count the agricultural subsidies, price floors, rural welfare, and pork barrel projects? As I've said a million times, it's much easier to talk about free markets than to actually enact free market policies (something this administration has failed at). Red Areas are even guiltier than the Blue Zones, although they're also more prone towards self righteousness with regards to hand-outs (many or most of which they receive). http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20. Gimme tax breaks AND gimme entitlementsÂ… what ever happened to fiscal responsibility?

If you're fiscally conservative Republican, I suggest you either promote major change within the current fiscally irresponsible GOP (the most irresponsible spender in history), or consider yourself an independent. I grow incredibly weary of self-congratulatory pseudo-free-market Republicans. The Republican Party will never become even marginally free market as long as complacency replaces facts.

OK who left the door open?
0 Replies