Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
FreeDuck inspired me to start this thread, when he started the "Weeping and gnashing" thread:

FD wrote:
I hereby declare this the self-pity thread. Kerry supporters only (others can watch but are not allowed to gloat), feel free to vent your frustration, whine, pout, cry out loud, accuse Republicans of election rigging, and pre-mourn 4 more years of absolute Republican control.

So .... if you are a Bush supporter and feel the urge to "gloat" in your "post-election afterglow," use this thread for that. I don't expect many postings.

Edit: Moderator: Note: Successor Topic is Here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68502
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 271,373 • Replies: 6,939
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:03 am
I don't feel like gloating as winning comes with huge responsibilities and we on the winnin team must be ever vigilant to both support our elected leaders--the other side won't--and hold their feet to the fire to get it as right as possible. It's so much easier to be the whining, finger pointing, damning opposition and the left does that so well. They'll have four more years of fun. For us, it will be hard work.

But I am quietly satisfied with the election results. I believe the American people have spoken and I believe they made the right choice for this time.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
I love the way the Liberals are bemoaning the 'absolute control' of the Republicans in Congress and how bad it will be for the country.

Were they expressing the same sentiments for ALL the years that we had a Democrat majority in both Houses and a Democrat in the White House???

I think not!

I think that it is time to allow the Party that fairly represents the will of the electorate to have their 'day in the sun'.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
Region Philbis wrote:
(Ticomaya, FreeDuck is a she...)

My apologies to FD. Embarrassed

As my time here grows longer, I'm occasionally finding out certain gender assumptions I've made, are faulty.

For instance, until last night I'll admit that I believed ebrown was a she. Now that has changed, because I'm now assuming that his reference to his wife was indicative that he's a "he." But of course in this day and age, and in deference to his political persuasion, I acknowledge that assumption may also be poor.

Henceforth if I say "he," "him," or "his," I shall mean it in a purely gender-neutral sense. Confused
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:08 am
Well said, Fox. I'll be hoping we made the right decision. Idea I can't imagine why the scumbag hasn't conceded the obvious yet. No dignity and it's tough to be quiet about it among the all the suffering around here.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
(Ticomaya, FreeDuck is a she...)

My apologies to FD. Embarrassed

As my time here grows longer, I'm occasionally finding out certain gender assumptions I've made, are faulty.

For instance, until last night I'll admit that I believed ebrown was a she. Now that has changed, because I'm now assuming that his reference to his wife was indicative that he's a "he." But of course in this day and age, and in deference to his political persuasion, I acknowledge that assumption may also be poor.

Henceforth if I say "he," "him," or "his," I shall mean it in a purely gender-neutral sense. Confused

Doh! I've been outed! Tico, I purposely do not explicitly expose my gender so I took no offense to the pronoun. And now I exit and leave your thread to you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:15 am
No president in history has won the popular vote by this large a margin. I'm very happy that Bush won and I look forward to the rewards of winning.

We picked up seats in all houses and hold a larger majority in the Senate then we did before.

Bush will be picking the next Supreme Court Justice and the courts will be returned to ruling by the Constitution instead of by special interest groups and radical agendas.

The next four years are going to be great.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:20 am
Now they're saying Kerry already called the President... but apparently doesn't see a need to give the 60,000,000 who backed him or the remaining 230,000,000 and the rest of the world the same courtesy. Rolling Eyes (scumbag)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:54 am
I'm heading down to the police department to hand over my guns, then seeking grief counseling...oh wait...Bush won! BUSH WON! Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:59 am
I just talked to a co-worker who is upset at the results... she said she doesn't like how Bush is so close with the Saudis and big oil.

I said, "Isn't your husband president of a car club?"

She failed to see the irony of that situation... but we're the stupid ones.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:08 am
jpinMilwaukee - I agree. I even wrote a thread about this very issue:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35875

I have been agonizing over this for months. Personally, I can't stand Bush, and I hate his social policies. But, Kerry was not the person to handle the problem that has top priority, IMO, terrorism. How could I possibly vote for a man who considers terrorism "a nuisance"!
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:21 am
I don't want to gloat, just wanted to say that I am very happy.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:47 am
Good points JP, Phoenix.

I'm so happy that I only have to hear John Kerry one more time. I was prepared to accept him if that were our fate, but yippee!

I don't like Bush any more than Phoenix, but the democrat's must have been high when they selected Kerry. This was their race to lose and they selected the perfect candidate to do just that.

Good riddance to Daschle too. The drought relief (pork) he shamelessly added to the hurricane bill failed after all! Anybody ever been to South Dakota? It was suffering from drought when they first stepped foot on it. Good on them people to finally throw his ass out.

Good for Obama Barrack, though. That one I have to give them. He seems to be an uncommonly clear thinker.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:52 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't like Bush any more than Phoenix, but the democrat's must have been high when they selected Kerry. This was their race to lose and they selected the perfect candidate to do just that.

Tell me about it... it wouldn't have taken much for me to NOT vote for Bush...but the Dems couldn't even give me that.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:57 am
Hey, what happened in Milwaukee there JP? My friends in Waukesha did there part, but, where were you guys? :razz: I though I had brought up Dane when I looked at your County. Laughing
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:58 am
No, I'm not going to gloat. Our nation has too many problems facing us for that.

Now that he's re-elected, and has an even larger majority in Congress, I hope he puts a high priority on getting the runaway pork-barrel spending and the defecit under control.

I don't know what to do about North Korea and Iran with nukes. I hope the State Department has a bunch of people who are smarter than I am working on this one.

I'm overjoyed that Kerry isn't going to be president, but I view Bush as the lesser of two evils.
0 Replies

timberlandko

I happy too.

Yeah, I happy.

I very, very happy.

I'm sure I'll get over it though ... I always do. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Bill wrote:
Good for Obama Barrack, though. That one I have to give them. He seems to be an uncommonly clear thinker

Agree. I think that he is a person to watch, and I will be watching!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:01 pm
Barrack Obama.

I agree,too.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:02 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Hey, what happened in Milwaukee there JP? My friends in Waukesha did there part, but, where were you guys? :razz: I though I had brought up Dane when I looked at your County. Laughing

Waukesha was reporting something like 90%+ voter turnout... that is crazy. They did their part indeed.

I tried hard in Milwaukee but fell a little short. I think it was all of the cute girls with "Women against Bush" shirts.

Did you hear the story of the 27 vans that the Republicans rented to help people get to the polls? They woke up on Tuesday with all of the tires slashed.

So much for every vote counting.
0 Replies