Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:25 pm
Because I don't rely on the talking heads and the DNC to tell me what I think. I have held onto my common sense instead of eating up the party line. I'm just not so lazy that I need to cut and paste, or quote from foolish or venal sources.

Anon
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:28 pm
Pollyannas eventually accomplish good stuff.

Cassandras (e.g., chicken littles) eventually accomplish bad stuff.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:31 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Because I don't rely on the talking heads and the DNC to tell me what I think. I have held onto my common sense instead of eating up the party line. I'm just not so lazy that I need to cut and paste, or quote from foolish or venal sources.

Anon

Aha! In other words, you believe what you want to believe.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:46 pm
Foxy - if it takes 9 positives to make up for 1 negative, I think the Democrats are in trouble LOL. Consider what Senator Byrd had to say about the hearings on Alito:

Quote:
[...]The people of West Viriginia in no uncertain terms were, frankly, appalled by the Alito hearings. I don't want to say it, but I must. They were appalled. In the reams of correspondence that I received during the Alito hearings, West Virginians--the people I represent--West Virignians who wrote to criticize the way in which the hearings were conducted used the same two words. People with no connection to one another. People of different faiths. Different views. Different opinions. [They] independently and respectively used the same two words to describe the hearings. They called them called an outrage and a disgrace.

And these were not form letters ginned up by special interest groups on either the right or the left. These were hand-written, contemplative, old-fashioned letters written on lined paper and personal stationary. They were the sort of letters that people write while watching television in the comfort of their living rooms or sitting at the kitchen table. It is especially telling that many who objected to the way in which the Alito hearings were conducted do not support Judge Alito. In fact, it is sorely apparent that many who opposed Judge Alito's nomination also opposed the seemingly made-for-TV antics that accompanied the hearings ...

I'm quite sure Byrd plans to vote against Alito's nomination, but at least he has the good common sense to see what John Kerry cannot.

One of the funniest lines I read all week was something along the lines of "Kerry yodelling for filibuster"...from Switzerland of all places Smile He apparently thinks we don't notice.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 03:01 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Foxy - if it takes 9 positives to make up for 1 negative, I think the Democrats are in trouble LOL. Consider what Senator Byrd had to say about the hearings on Alito:

Quote:
[...]The people of West Viriginia in no uncertain terms were, frankly, appalled by the Alito hearings. I don't want to say it, but I must. They were appalled. In the reams of correspondence that I received during the Alito hearings, West Virginians--the people I represent--West Virignians who wrote to criticize the way in which the hearings were conducted used the same two words. People with no connection to one another. People of different faiths. Different views. Different opinions. [They] independently and respectively used the same two words to describe the hearings. They called them called an outrage and a disgrace.

And these were not form letters ginned up by special interest groups on either the right or the left. These were hand-written, contemplative, old-fashioned letters written on lined paper and personal stationary. They were the sort of letters that people write while watching television in the comfort of their living rooms or sitting at the kitchen table. It is especially telling that many who objected to the way in which the Alito hearings were conducted do not support Judge Alito. In fact, it is sorely apparent that many who opposed Judge Alito's nomination also opposed the seemingly made-for-TV antics that accompanied the hearings ...

I'm quite sure Byrd plans to vote against Alito's nomination, but at least he has the good common sense to see what John Kerry cannot.

One of the funniest lines I read all week was something along the lines of "Kerry yodelling for filibuster"...from Switzerland of all places Smile He apparently thinks we don't notice.

From a 5-star ski resort in Switzerland even. Smile
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 03:04 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:

Anon

If you say so.

Anon
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:42 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Actually, I believe Byrd has already publicly stated he will vote to confirm Judge Alito. :wink: Last tally I saw was 58 down, 2 to go before Kerry makes an utter and complete ass of himself along with his mentor the murderer, with no hope of success. I guess he doesn't remember what happened at the DNC convention last year; Kerry speaks- and receives a negative bounce. His campaign people need to figure out that the more he speaks; the less people like him. Fillibuster, eh, John Kerry? Great strategy. Laughing
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:29 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Kerry makes an utter and complete ass of himself along with his mentor the murderer, Laughing

You mean Laura Bush is Kerry's mentor??

Anon
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:39 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Why, Maggie, Anon, et al, do you believe that what you believe about the Bush administration is true, and what those who disagree with you believe is false?
Anon-Voter wrote:

Anon

If you say so.

Anon

Yes! I do say so! I say so because while you identified the information sources you do not rely on for your common sense to analyze, you did not identify the information sources you do rely on for your common sense to analyze. That seems to imply that the one information source you do rely on for your common sense to analyze is yourself. So, that in turn seems to imply that you believe what you want to believe.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

At least that explains the positive attitudes of many of the rest of us, and why we can see good things as well as bad. Even if both groups are operating on faulty information, I'd still rather be a Pollyanna than a Chicken Little.

Chicken Little? Ah so you do recognize some attributes of Chicken George?!!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
Ican't,

After watching you in action, I'm pretty sure I'm not too worried about what you think. Knowing that you still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11, and had ties with AlQueda, puts you right there with the Tin Foil Hat Brigade!! [Twilight Zone music accompanies Ican'ts next post ...]

Anon
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:54 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
. His campaign people need to figure out that the more he speaks; the less people like him.

So why doesn't Rove muzzle GW Bush?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:07 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bush Mountain?

Probably ! !

Here's proof that dogs can read.................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/SmartDog.jpg
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:09 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:

Anon

Speaking of talking heads ...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/CNNdeadoralive.jpg
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:12 pm
McTag wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/Amy1Amy/gloomdoom.jpg

I'm just waiting for the self-proclaiming leader of the free world to do some leading to somewhere worthwhile.

Down the plughole is not what I had in mind.

Waiting can seem gloomy. So can looking in vain for any sign of morality, probity, truthtelling or flicker of intelligence in the "leader".

Me too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/light_at_end_of_tunnel.jpg
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:17 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
Actually, I believe Byrd has already publicly stated he will vote to confirm Judge Alito. :wink: Last tally I saw was 58 down, 2 to go before Kerry makes an utter and complete ass of himself along with his mentor the murderer, with no hope of success. I guess he doesn't remember what happened at the DNC convention last year; Kerry speaks- and receives a negative bounce. His campaign people need to figure out that the more he speaks; the less people like him. Fillibuster, eh, John Kerry? Great strategy. Laughing

Never did like Kerry. He waited until the last minute and then tries to get a few votes by putting on a bu$h show. Screw him and the snow board he rode in on.

Might even be tempted to give him a special white House pass....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/ButtonMaleProstitutePressPass.jpg
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:20 pm
McTag wrote:
To recap: Bushco foreign policy/ misdeeds

Results

Afghanistan in foment: Britain sending more troops
Iraq in disarray, fundamentalists consolidating grip
Iran in grip of fundamentalists, resuming nuclear research
Palestine voted for Hamas, a militant organisation
Israel more unstable and threatened than ever

Nice one, George

Oh, forgot, American economy stronger.

Lies, lies and more lies............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/BushWireTapping_BlueDress.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
Oh Good God, someone showed Maggie how to post graphics.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Kerry makes an utter and complete ass of himself along with his mentor the murderer, Laughing

You mean Laura Bush is Kerry's mentor??

Anon

No,Ted Kennedy.
REmember,he killed a woman also.

So,using your logic,since Laura's ACCIDENT makes her a murderer,then you must also admit that Teddy's ACCIDENT makes him a murderer also.

You must apply the same standards to both people,even if you dont want to.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:30 pm
Actually, it was Bill's logic. He got the point, he just did it silently, unlike you.

Anon
0 Replies