Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:23 pm
Oh and by the way

Quote:
You are a stuck record that keeps repeating the Moveon mantra and it gets old.

I've never been to the moveon site, I don't recieve their emails, I don't have anything to do with them. But you unfortunately see the need to oversimplify, well, everything; I obvious feel this way because Moveon told me to feel this way, right?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:25 pm
Nimh writes
Quote:
Yeah, it's sittin' behind your monitor, waving the flag and ridiculin' those damn liberals like McG does all day thats real hard!

You'll have to provide support for that assertion or else it just appears to be petulant and mean spirited.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:28 pm
Fox, sheesh

Quote:
You'll have to provide support for that assertion or else it just appears to be petulant and mean spirited.

If you read really closely you will note that it was Nimh who wrote that, not Cyclop.

I realize we all kind of run together in you guys' minds, but c'mon...

Though I am rather flattered, it's the first time that's happened.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:28 pm
nimh wrote:
Yeah, it's sittin' behind your monitor, waving the flag and ridiculin' those damn liberals like McG does all day thats real hard!

Rolling Eyes

It's fantastically easy Nimh. You should see how many posts I make that get deleted before the "submit" button gets pressed. I could easily double my postings were I not self moderating.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:31 pm
Yeah, I corrected the author of the quote, Cyclop. Sorry about that. You were innocent of that one. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You should see how many posts I make that get deleted before the "submit" button gets pressed. I could easily double my postings were I not self moderating.

I could never have told.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:38 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Nimh writes
Quote:

You need proof for the assertion that McG engages in ridiculing liberals? You're joking, right?

I'll allow for the possibility that he doesn't actually do it all day ... he might just type very quickly Razz
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:43 pm
Nimh, McG ridicules liberals. You ridicule conservatives. Neither of you do it all day.

However, this is a thread specifically for Bush supporters to be able to express and enjoy good things related to the current administration and, by association, conservatism in general. And civil discussion of those things has been invited and approved by the thread author. The lefties have their own threads to post their gripes and snipes.l

And if this current line of insulting posts continues, the thread will surely be locked and that's not fair to the thread author.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:43 pm
I only wave the flag when responding to certain posts and hardly ever during the week.

"ridiculin' those damn liberals" is merely a fringe benefit of my membership.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:37 am
Foxfyre wrote:
However, this is a thread specifically for Bush supporters to be able to express and enjoy good things related to the current administration and, by association, conservatism in general.

That part I'd gotten. What I missed, apparently, was the small print about how the status of the thread meant that conservative participants get to post snide putdowns to liberal posters, but the thread's status will be evoked when liberals respond with snide posts of their own.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:40 am
Oh dratty drat drat drat darn...
Quote:
Just one in three Americans now say the United States and its allies are winning the war, according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday. That is a new low, down 9 percentage points since February. Half say neither side is winning.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-06-27-bush-poll_x.htm
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:47 am
Now, this one is interesting. Neither consequence will be happy for the Bush/Cheney/Dr.Strangelove administration. Free speech is seen frequently as a real problem to them (we all know the relevant quotes and policies) and curiosity in the citizenry is definitely NOT the ideal for the 'everything secret/everything priviledged' philosophy of paternalist goverance by elites.
Quote:
• The percentage of people who say the First Amendment "goes too far in the rights it guarantees" has fallen dramatically. In 2002, the year after the terrorist attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people, almost 50% of those polled said the amendment goes too far. This year, just 23% felt that way.

• The number of people who say they want to know more about what the federal government is doing in the war on terrorism continues to rise, from 40% in 2002 to 52% this year. "As the war has gone on and the critics have gotten some traction with their arguments, more people are saying they want more information" and are less concerned about the need for secrecy, Policinski said.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-06-27-first-amendment_x.htm
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:48 am
You didn't read the samll print neiter, blatham:

nimh wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
However, this is a thread specifically for Bush supporters to be able to express and enjoy good things related to the current administration and, by association, conservatism in general.

That part I'd gotten. What I missed, apparently, was the small print about how the status of the thread meant that conservative participants get to post snide putdowns to liberal posters, but the thread's status will be evoked when liberals respond with snide posts of their own.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:51 am
Nah, Blatham's even ignoring the big print.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:55 am
You must admit that it's difficult to see it on a 13'' monitor with 2048x1536 resulution without glasses!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:59 am
Miss Manners Book of Etiquette (fancy edition with the lace cover) vs napalm. Tough choice.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:12 am
It's an easy solution. Stop clicking on the thread title.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 06:36 am
I'm on a mission from god.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:16 am
Nimh writes
Quote:

Nobody has complained about on topic posts, snide or otherwise, from liberal posters. What is rude and offensive are those who hijack the thread with their own venomous bigotry and continue to do so when asked politely to desist by the thread's author. As there are plenty of threads that invite their diatribes, I can only conclude that their motive in this thread is to be as rude and offensive as possible.

But like Tico, I don't have to read the posts and can pass right on by.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:37 am
Their requests were largely obliged. Another difference noted.

Look forward to any future attempt by them, though.
0 Replies