https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6AyynkGsQ

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,688 • Replies: 118

maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:25 pm
@gungasnake,
Gunga, I would like a straightforward answer to this question (I don't get them from liberals either, but I am hoping you can give me one here).

Malkin's assumption is that the citizens of Boston, Somerville, Cambridge (cities near where I live that are all "Outlaw" cities) their cities decision to defy the Federal government.

What if this isn't true? What if the vast majority of American citizens in a city want their city to refuse to co-operate with the Federal government in immigrant enforcement (except in cases of violent criminals or terrorists)?

Doesn't that invalidate the argument Ms. Malkin is making?
gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:38 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Gunga, I would like a straightforward answer to this question (I don't get them from liberals either, but I am hoping you can give me one here).

Malkin's assumption is that the citizens of Boston, Somerville, Cambridge (cities near where I live that are all "Outlaw" cities) their cities decision to defy the Federal government.

What if this isn't true? What if the vast majority of American citizens in a city want their city to refuse to co-operate with the Federal government in immigrant enforcement (except in cases of violent criminals or terrorists)?

Doesn't that invalidate the argument Ms. Malkin is making?

So the mayor of Schmuckville NJ goes out and robs some liquor store and then 500 of the idiot schmucks living in Schmuckville say to themselves"

Quote:
Wow, look what our wonderful genius mayor just did, COOL!!!!!

and they all go out the next evening and rob 500 liquor stores (one apiece)....

What does that make the 500 schmucks (aside from being schmucks)? Whay is that one supposed to be hard to figure out??

maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:55 pm
@gungasnake,
Well in the case of Boston, it is about 600,000 schmucks. But yes.that is the question which you didn't answer.

The issue here is local control versus Federal government control. I want my city to be a sanctuary city ... or an outlaw city if you will (which actually sounds cooler). Assuming that the vast majority of residents agree with me (which both polls and election results say they do)... it seems to me the mayor is doing the right thing.

I think the mayor works for the citizens of his local city (rather than for the Federal government).

Do you disagree with this?
gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:41 pm
@maxdancona,
The problem is that this sort of crime in Boston affects us rednecks here in Texas, i.e. the cost is not locally contained.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:57 pm
@gungasnake,
What are you talking about?
McGentrix

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 11:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What are you talking about?

Huh? Illegal aliens seem to come from the Southern border. If they know that they can make it to Boston or SF or wherever the sanctuary cities are they will keep coming across the border.

I am a great proponent to the rights of states and local government. I am not at all a fan of the Federal Govt except when the Constitution explicitly states what the Fed Govt should be responsible for.

Immigration is one of those things. We can't have states or cities deciding they can control who crosses the border.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 11:50 pm
@McGentrix,
That's aside from the question about Bostonians forcing you and me to have to vote against their illegal aliens in national elections.

There's even a question as to whether the taxpaying portion of the population of Boston of LA actually want their tax dollars being spent maintaining democrat voting blocks in such a manner. I don't believe they do.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 01:09 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I am a great proponent to the rights of states and local government. I am not at all a fan of the Federal Govt except when the Constitution explicitly states what the Fed Govt should be responsible for.

Immigration is one of those things. We can't have states or cities deciding they can control who crosses the border.

You are way off topic McGentrix. States and Cities aren't deciding who crosses the border. Cities aren't preventing ICE (the federal immigration goons) from operating.

What these "outlaw" cities are are saying is that the city police departments aren't going to help the federal police do their jobs.

The issue here is whether the Federal government can exert control over local police departments. The Constitution doesn't give the Federal government this power.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 01:35 am
Michelle Malkin is HOT, eh!?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/2971/2114/400/michelle%20malkin%20gone%20wild.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C346BKN5nJQ/UMBcEsUK2lI/AAAAAAAAUEQ/3vXWqEFkqjU/s1600/Michelle+Malkin+sexy+legs+HOT.png

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/8c/67/9c8c673ff6b08c24fa461c8cd3fcfde6.jpg
maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:07 am
For anyone who might be interested in an intelligent conversation on this, I have been reading about the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850. There are some interesting parallels.

The Fugitive Slave Act did force local law enforcement to arrest runaway slaves (cooperating with Federal law enforcement). There were some arrests of police officers who refused.

Apparently there was a fair amount of jury nullification... meaning that police officers in Northern cities who didn't comply ended up getting off without serious penalty.
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 12:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Apparently there was a fair amount of jury nullification... meaning that police officers in Northern cities who didn't comply ended up getting off without serious penalty.

Good ole rule of law US of A.
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 12:49 pm
@gungasnake,
I've always wondered why these kinds of people so willingly and unashamedly embrace the very country that slaughtered so many of their own. It's akin to Jewish people embracing Hitler.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 05:54 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Quote:

Good ole rule of law US of A.

Do you realize what we are talking about here. These were runaway slaves that the Northern police officers were refusing to return to their masters.

Do you really think that it was wrong to defy the institution of slavery by refusing to return a human being back to their master?
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do you realize what we are talking about here. These were runaway slaves that the Northern police officers were refusing to return to their masters.

Do you really think that it was wrong to defy the institution of slavery by refusing to return a human being back to their master?

I understand perfectly. Hence my comment. US federal law required the said police officers to return "slaves" in 1850 "all men are created equal" USA.

Good ole rule of law USA.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 06:21 pm
@layman,
She is a traitorous little snipe.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 07:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
For anyone who might be interested in an intelligent conversation on this, I have been reading about the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850. There are some interesting parallels.

The Fugitive Slave Act did force local law enforcement to arrest runaway slaves (cooperating with Federal law enforcement). There were some arrests of police officers who refused.

The runaway slaves did not represent any sort of a threat to the United States or her people. Illegal aliens do.

What's hard to understand about that??

farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 07:05 pm
@gungasnake,
statistics say youre fulla ****. When were your people aliens???
Unless youre a comanche, youre an alien
camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The runaway slaves did not represent any sort of a threat to the United States or her people. Illegal aliens do.

What discombobulated thinking!

The USA, the bastion of freedom and democracy, had a federal, ie. national laws, actually laws, in place to describe many situations that were the antithesis of what was supposed to be.

The "aliens", illegal or not, pose the same threat to the US as the commies did, twice, in the 1920s Red Scare and then the McCarthy Red Scare - no threat at all.

Consider the other side of the coin. The USA, the bastion of freedom and democracy, was and has been and is to this day a major threat to poor peoples and poor countries the world over.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 07:11 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Unless youre a comanche,

Oh, great, the scientist embraces the genocide and maligns one of the tribes that the US committed the genocide against.