Baldimo

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 09:51 am
@camlok,
I would say it is nice to have you back JTT but that would be a lie.
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Shall we do a source check on all the issues I have raised, Baldimo?

==============
1. You and your tribe, far right conservatives, are the ones who are hung up on race. People can call themselves what they want.

2. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the propagandist BS that is the "American experience".

3. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the illegal invasions, the forever brutalizing nature of the US, the slaughters of innocents, the genocides, the thieving nature of the US government and US business, the fact that their country is a war mongering nation.

4. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the fact that their governments are willing to kill their own just to help US business steal from the poor of the world.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:00 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
1. You and your tribe, far right conservatives, are the ones who are hung up on race.

Incorrect. The left is obsessed with race and peoples skin color. This is proven by the way they critize minorities when they don't tow the DNC party line.

Quote:
People can call themselves what they want.

It's also another reason why people like me prefer to use the color neutral term American...

Quote:
2. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the propagandist BS that is the "American experience".

You wouldn't understand the American experience if I put into into a coloring book.

Quote:
3. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the illegal invasions, the forever brutalizing nature of the US, the slaughters of innocents, the genocides, the thieving nature of the US government and US business, the fact that their country is a war mongering nation.

Yep, same old JTT, your tune hasn't changed a bit.

Quote:
4. There are actually many people who like the surroundings but despise the fact that their governments are willing to kill their own just to help US business steal from the poor of the world.

Kill their own? Sounds more like you are talking about Muslim terrorists.
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Incorrect. The left is obsessed with race and peoples skin color. This is proven by the way they critize minorities when they don't tow the DNC party line.

Where might they tow it to?

I can't speak for the entire left but generally, it isn't the left that whines about people keeping their cultures and languages alive. That would be you, Baldimo, and the folks you hang out with and claim as your own.

How can you advance such preposterous things in the face of how you yourself act, how you yourself speak?
camlok

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
It's also another reason why people like me prefer to use the color neutral term American...

It's not color neutral. It's a right wing meme put out to hide the fact that they are racists. It goes against fundamental American values that describe personal freedom.

It's

"Listen you asshole, I will decide, your personal freedom be damned, how you describe yourself as an American!"

Quote:
You wouldn't understand the American experience if I put into into a coloring book.

On 3. & 4. you did what far too many "home of the brave" [registered & copyrighted USA propaganda] folks do, flee.

That's how it has been sold to you, I do understand that.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:21 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Where might they tow it to?

To the ballot box, voting for Dems. Look through the news for minorities or women who vote for the GOP and see how they are treated by the leftist media.

Quote:
I can't speak for the entire left but generally, it isn't the left that whines about people keeping their cultures and languages alive. That would be you, Baldimo, and the folks you hang out with and claim as your own.

I don't care about them keeping their old cultures or native languages, I have repeatedly said what they do at home is really their own business. That isn't the issue,when people refuse to learn English here in the US, they are only harming themselves and keeping themselves separated from the country they choose to move to. Why move to another country and then not assimilate in public? Should I move to Mexico and demand that they do everything in English or should I learn the local language and culture to fit in? What's the old saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans"...

Quote:
How can you advance such preposterous things in the face of how you yourself act, how you yourself speak?

You say this in light of your own wacky BS you spout here...
Have you ever dated or been married to someone outside of your own color or race? I'm willing to bet you haven't. In fact I'm willing to bet that a majority of the white liberals on this page are married to a white people. For all their talk about being so open, how many dated non-whites?

See you guys can claim what you want about me, but my previous marriage and my sons laugh in the face of your criticism.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:32 am
@camlok,
Quote:
It's not color neutral. It's a right wing meme put out to hide the fact that they are racists. It goes against fundamental American values that describe personal freedom.

Yes it is about personal freedom, that's why I talk about it, instead of talking to my Congress person about making a law to force people to not use hyphens. American denotes no color and when I talk about Americans, I do not have a color in mind, the places I have lived and people I have met prevent such a thing from taking place. Unlike you, I've lived in most regions of the US, mid-west, south, west coast and of course CO.

Quote:
On 3. & 4. you did what far too many "home of the brave" [registered & copyrighted USA propaganda] folks do, flee.

That's how it has been sold to you, I do understand that.

At least you didn't deny you are really JTT.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:34 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
That isn't the issue,when people refuse to learn English here in the US,

I don't believe that this is happening. The immigrants (legal and illegal) that I know are working very hard to learn English. Second generation immigrants are usually bilingual.

Of course in the 1800s there were places where German was spoken in public. In the 1900s there were places in the US where Italian was the main language of business (In Boston, Italian can still be prominently heard in certain neighborhoods). Of course, Spanish should be a bit different... I don't think there was ever a time in the past 500 years that residents of Florida, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona didn't speak Spanish.

I see no evidence that today's immigrants are any different in this respect than earlier immigrants.

There is a lot of the fear of immigrants that isn't based on facts.
camlok

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:13 am
@Baldimo,

Witness the fact that the US official story on 911 is nonsense, a complete fabrication.

Professor Hulsey, the lead professor on the new WTC7 study said and this is paraphrased; WTC7 was built asymmetrically, stronger on one side than the other, for gods sake, even a symmetrically built building cannot come down in this fashion without being forced down.

WTC7 was blown up, a controlled demolition. Free fall tells us that. Free fall cannot occur without something removing all the resistance below. NIST's lead scientist, Shyam Sunder, himself described this.

Only explosives can do that in the fraction of a second needed to remove the entire structural resistance to allow 8 floors, 105 feet to drop for 2.5 seconds.

Alleged hijackers could not have installed those explosives.

When Barry Jennings, an employee of the OEM, who was in WTC7 on the morning was being helped out out WTC7 he told about all the explosions. He has said that he watched about the collapse of WTC7 on TV at home after his rescue and he says, "I said to myself, why did that building come down, and I knew why it came down - because of the explosions"

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:05 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don't believe that this is happening. The immigrants (legal and illegal) that I know are working very hard to learn English. Second generation immigrants are usually bilingual.

I'm sure there are some who are and some who aren't. I've lived in several different states in the US and it varies on where you live and the attitudes of the people.

Quote:
Of course in the 1800s there were places where German was spoken in public. In the 1900s there were places in the US where Italian was the main language of business (In Boston, Italian can still be prominently heard in certain neighborhoods). Of course, Spanish should be a bit different... I don't think there was ever a time in the past 500 years that residents of Florida, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona didn't speak Spanish.

What was more common in the previous centuries isn't taking into account what has happened. The majority of people speak English in this country and have for some time now. There is nothing wrong with being bilingual and it does indeed come in handy at times. I'm bilingual, I know ASL and have used in many times in public with people other than my son, my fiance knows Spanish and used to be a translator for Green Giant in WI.

Quote:
I see no evidence that today's immigrants are any different in this respect than earlier immigrants.

I would disagree in some respects, as I said before, it depends on the people and where they live. Even lived in CA? It seems the attitudes of those in CA are slightly different than those in Boston... so far from the southern border.

Quote:
There is a lot of the fear of immigrants that isn't based on facts.

It isn't fear, well maybe for a minor portion or citizens, but not for the majority, that's why it's hard to have this discussion with you.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:14 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
It isn't fear, well maybe for a minor portion or citizens, but not for the majority, that's why it's hard to have this discussion with you.

You keep talking about "the majority" as if you speak for "the majority". The majority of people support a pathway to citizenship for people here illegally (provided they aren't otherwise criminals). The majority of people also support stronger border enforcement.

I am very clearly on one side of this issue. I have no problem accepting the facts as facts whether they support my position or not.

But talking about "the majority" often leads to contradictions. This isn't just true in the immigration issue, it is true on most issues. The majority of people want lower taxes and more government services.

My big beef is with people telling me what it means to be an "American". I have no problem saying that you and your family are fully American, in spite of the fact that you clearly disagree with me on many issues and likely have a quite different lifestyle than I have.

American culture is changing. Culture always changes... we no longer wear top hats and satin gloves (much of this has nothing to do with immigration). However, America in the past 100 years has been greatly impacted by waves of immigration bringing us everything from tacos, to pad thai. In my opinion this is a good thing.

The rhetoric from some on the right that immigrants threaten American culture pisses me off.

There is a real cultural battle in the US about whether we are a country of Northern European Protestants, or a nation of immigrants. My side on this battle is clear. I accept that there are many people who disagree with me.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You keep talking about "the majority" as if you speak for "the majority". The majority of people support a pathway to citizenship for people here illegally (provided they aren't otherwise criminals). The majority of people also support stronger border enforcement.

I agree with what you say, what differs is what the "pathway" is, I'm not a supporter of "deport them all", I know that is unreasonable. A crime would be someone who has worked in the US, used a fake ID or stolen ID for any govt services. Anything that would send a citizen to jail should be used as a deportable offense for an illegal immigrant. I know you won't agree.

Quote:
I am very clearly on one side of this issue. I have no problem accepting the facts as facts whether they support my position or not.

I'm not so sure of that, you have a very emotional reaction to the illegal immigration issue, you refuse to see a difference between legal and illegal immigration and why people have an issue with illegal immigration.

Quote:
But talking about "the majority" often leads to contradictions. This isn't just true in the immigration issue, it is true on most issues. The majority of people want lower taxes and more government services.

That is going to depend on who you ask and where they live. It's hard for people to say they don't want more services because of the way "services" is used. The continual use of "you want to cut taxes, you must hate kids and old people", some admissions will cause a visceral reaction from those on the left so people will tell others what they want to hear. Yup, I just said people lie on polls.

Quote:
My big beef is with people telling me what it means to be an "American". I have no problem saying that you and your family are fully American, in spite of the fact that you clearly disagree with me on many issues and likely have a quite different lifestyle than I have.

One of my favorite co-workers at work is a guy from India and he is Hindu. This guy isn't a citizen yet, but I sure hope he does become one. He takes 28 days off a year for Hindu holidays and I don't care, it wouldn't make him any less American then me who only takes US holidays off. I've considered becoming Hindu, I could use more days off work Laughing

Quote:
American culture is changing. Culture always changes... we no longer wear top hats and satin gloves (much of this has nothing to do with immigration). However, America in the past 100 years has been greatly impacted by waves of immigration bringing us everything from tacos, to pad thai. In my opinion this is a good thing.

Top hats and satin gloves have nothing to do with culture, that is fashion. You are right, other cultures have moved here and they each add their own to American Culture as our culture adapts and slightly expands. When you start screwing with American Culture and changing it because immigrants might find it offensive. Changing Christmas vacation to Winter vacation is a BS change and to change it because someone else might find it offensive is the problem. I'm not even a Christian, I don't think Jesus died on the cross for me, but I understand that the schools "Christmas vacation was for that holiday season and I didn't change it. Do I celebrate Christmas? Yes, but Jesus isn't the reason for the season for me, its about family and friends and putting on weight. Lets be honest, exchanging gifts isn't a Christian thing, it commercial and or imported from some other pagen custom.

Quote:
The rhetoric from some on the right that immigrants threaten American culture pisses me off.

It is a minority and a distraction.

Quote:
There is a real cultural battle in the US about whether we are a country of Northern European Protestants, or a nation of immigrants. My side on this battle is clear. I accept that there are many people who disagree with me.

Your white guilt is showing. Do you not have relatives from that part of the world, or do they come from other places? The majority of the US is made of white people who immigrated here from the EU. The 2nd largest group of non-whites is Hispanc but they only make up about 13-14% of the population, which is only a percentage or 2 above blacks. I'm not saying this out of any sense of white pride, just stating the facts. The Protestant label is a little lame as people from southern Europe are not Protestant.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:14 pm
@Baldimo,
The difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration is that in the first case the immigrant follows all of the laws to enter the country and has legal documentation to be here. In the case of illegal immigrant, the immigrant breaks one or more laws to enter or stay in the country and currently has no legal permission to be here. Of course, the middle cases... where someone breaks a immigration law, but then becomes legal (and maybe goes on to be First Lady).. are a little tricky, but we can agree that people who don't have permission to be here fit the definition of "illegal immigrant".

Is there some other understanding you have on this topic? ( If there is something more I would appreciate if you enlighten me).

This seems pretty straightforward to me. I don't understand why you keep getting hung up on it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:22 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't know if you have any knowledge of, or any interest in, the history of immigration and immigration law.

If you do, you might be interested in reading about the Johnson-Reed Act. The Congressional record makes it pretty clear that limiting the cultural "contamination" of Southern European Catholics was a goal, and a quota system was set up to with that purpose.

RABEL222

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
of Southern European Catholics was a goal

Is this the same as Italians?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 06:39 am
@RABEL222,
Yes. The Johnson-Reed Act was designed to limit the number of Italians immigrating to the US.

Quote:

"We have thrown open wide our gates and through them have come other alien races, of alien blood, from Asia and southern Europe … with their strange and pagan rites, their babble of tongues."
-Senator Ira Hersey of Maine
camlok

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 03:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Such as it always has been, Max.

Now, it's the Muslims, which is really just a wide descriptor for any dark skinned people from any of the countries the US has illegally invaded - all predicated on the big 9-11 lie.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 03:56 pm
@camlok,
https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/w/winstonchurchill/100446/winstonchurchill1.jpg
camlok

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 04:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Instead of the silly quotes, Max, why don't you simply engage for the few minutes that it would take?

Really, ask yourself, is the forensic engineer, a PhD from the University of Alaska a fanatic, the gentleman who says, after a two year study of WTC7, specifically studying the NIST study of WTC 7, that the chance of WTC7 coming down as described by NIST is, and I quote, "Zero".

Exchange between lawyer and Prof Hulsey

Daniel Sheehan [lawyer]: "On a scale of 1 to a 100, ... how probable do you think it is, or how possible do you think it is that this building [WTC7] could have collapsed simply because of the fires?"

Professor Hulsey: "Zero."

To see it for yourself, go to, 13:09 of the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf1ewgbq4fY

Is he a fanatic when he says, paraphrased

' WTC7 was built asymmetrically, stronger on one side than the other, for gods sake, even a symmetrically built building cannot come down in this fashion without being forced down. '

Watch from 18:00 on of the following to the end for a good, quick summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IegkDCBJxjY&list=PLUshF3H0xxH0-LxNZYGPIJqIp8-roEJY4&index=4

0 Replies