What made you smile today?

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 03:17 pm
I saw a chipmunk get run over today. THAT brought a smile to my face. I widh I could see that more often.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:13 pm
Still twisted, eh?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:42 pm
The new operations manager locked himself in the fire stairs this afternoon......not so much of a smile as a great big belly laugh. The best was letting him out and counting how many shades of pink he turned.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 06:18 pm
Yes. And may I never... er... become un-twisted, I suppose. May I never become un-twisted!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:00 pm
We were having a picnic evening meal, with some US visitors, at a particularly pleasant spot on the north side of the harbour, which gives a spectacular view of the sunset over the Harbour Bridge.

It was a stunning evening, and just as the sun's last rays were disappearing, a brush-tailed possum came up and stood beside us. They said he was looking for fruit, but I think he was just enjoying the view with us. A great photo-opportunity for our Murrican visitors, too.

Then, as we were leaving, a marsupial rat hopped up the stairs ahead of us. This, in a city of 5 million people!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:02 pm
Nice, margo. Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 08:09 am
The thangs ya see when ya ain't got a shotgun!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:52 pm
well - the poor thing was certainly shot by camera!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:43 pm
After a sixteen-hour working-day, when everyone else had long left, very loudly playing Ede Staal's Het Hoge Land in the office while closing all the rooms, turning off lights, et cetera.

Of course, having started quite late in the morning, that had me walking home just when the clubs were closing, and the random tangles of drunk, loudly slurring youngsters spilling down the main street kinda spoiled the effect again.

On the other hand, down by the canal, I was passed twice, as if by a twin vision, by a couple on the bike - the boy, bicycling; the girl, the very beautiful, long-haired, girl, on the back, holding on to him for dear life, so very much in love ...

Ah, to be 20 again.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:58 pm
I was just looking up how to spell Het Hoge Land, I thought it might've been something old-fashioned or dialectish like Hooge ... and I found this article about a singer from Limburg (which is strange enough by itself).

But here's him answering the question why someone from Limburg would pick up on the oevre of that Groninger singer. "It's a version of a song by Ede Staal about the Drentish-Gronings peat moors", he explains - and then he says:

"The song is about how it was there and how it is there now, about all that has disappeared and that that is a shame ..."

<sighs>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:41 pm
nimh!

You think you won't be sighing about being in your 30's again when you're 80?

I was sighing plenty when I WAS 20, myself.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:10 am
Now if I could just *remember* my twenties...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:52 am
sozobe wrote:
nimh!

You think you won't be sighing about being in your 30's again when you're 80?

I dunno but I sure hope I wont be sighing about being 32 again when I'm 37!

(Now how's that for some life planning ;-))
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:43 am
The exteremly cute looking barista in the coffee shop downstairs smiled and said hello to me (first time in 2 weeks)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:45 am
Went to a Yanni concert with my family last night. Wonderful time, he and his group are wonderful - big smile for a long time with these memories Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:35 pm
Two posts here on A2K ...

When SCoates recounted that,

"One cool thing about winter in russia is that the sea between asia and japan entirely freezes over for a few months, and all the merchants hurry their little carts across and buy electronics in bulk. So springtime in russia all electronics are, like, half off."

And when George posted that picture ...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:11 pm
I have had a rare sh1tty day...been in a bad mood...then Bill Maher just called Teresa Heinz the ketchup lady and said that's why you have to smack her on the bottom to make her come.....I thought I'd fall off the couch....twenty minutes later I'm still chuckling.....
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:55 pm
Something at work happened that I knew would happen sooner or later....I unpacked a box this afternoon that contained <sigh> scratch and sniff panties. I thought my boss was going to choke when I told him we only received two scents: lemon and, no lie....I swear to God, cherry. Once I got over the initial horror, I found it quite amusing.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 07:57 am
Cherry panties! Do they lose the fragrance after washing, I wonder...

Finding TerryDoo is making me smile right now! I've decided to leave Texas and come home, and that is also making me smile, but also causing a great deal of stress in the logistics department.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:28 am
I'll buy you a pair as a welcome back to New England present and you can tell me.

<<<<<MARYCAT!!!!!>>>>>
0 Replies