What made you smile today?

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:15 am
Thanks everyone. I was a little depressed when I walked into the hospital to visit. Not so when I walked out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 08:31 am
That's one of the miracles of birth, Wilso.
Reading that made me smile.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:56 pm
Wilso

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome, Cilla!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:09 pm
(The "talented 8 month old" thing was TIC -- Misti's large green font rhapsody about Liam was at the top of my screen when I wrote it.)

Cool about your new niece, Wilso!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 03:00 am
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Congrats Wilso, I am sure you are an awesome uncle !!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 03:05 am
My first niece seems to think so.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 06:07 am
Just found out I got a distinction in chemistry this semester, in a subject with a 40% failure rate and in which I missed more than half the lectures due to work!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 01:22 pm
Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 01:53 pm
Smile I'm glad for you for both things, especially news of your second niece.

Today was completely and utterly terrible, and nothing thus far has made me smile, really. Apart from hearing the expression, 'gag you with a fork, spoon,' which is completely weird and worthy of three seconds' laughter.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 07:11 pm
Congrats, Wilso... twice. A new baby and a Distinction... which I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds awesome.

Drom (visualize that little mark above your o) -- I'm really sorry to hear today was lousy for you. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Was the laughter because a fork-spoon is a spork?
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
Wilso

Bien hecho! --for the distinction, that is--

and congratulations on your new niece!

PS
I tell my nieces (once they are old enough to spell)
that the 'e' is superfluous... ie. that they are my 'nices'.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 08:46 pm
Adding a new infant to the family is indeed a good feeling. Watching Silvi with her new little brother is very cool. Lots of smiles.

But, the most recent thing to make me smile happened while I was trying out my new (used) printer. I wanted to print a picture and kept coming across images that were waaaay too small (good for on the computer screen, but not on the page). I saw an image of the David replica that I photod in Florence and it was big. Turned out to be a lot too big and the cropped image I got was very, er, um, revealing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
Ha!

How old is Silvi, littlek? Will be interested in hearing about the sibling dynamics. (Still haven't decided on whether sozlet will be an only or not.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:01 pm
Silvi is just over 4 years. The other girl I care for was a little older than 3 years when her sister was born.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 08:33 pm
Congrats, Wilso :-) On the chem and on the child. . .

Today when I walked outside, it was snowing AND sunny. . . how is that possible? Dunno, but it made me smile. . .
0 Replies

kayka75

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 09:21 pm
yo mama
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 11:06 pm
Rotten rotten rotten day today. Bad bad cold, stupid stupid (STUPID!) committee, nothing going right. Very grumpy. Sozlet got my attention, looked me in the eye, and said, "You're such a sweet mama."

Cheered me up.

That and the many rousing renditions of "Mama, the Red-Nosed Lady."
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:07 pm
awww. . . :-)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:52 pm
Good evening...It started snowing this morning around eight. It's been snowing lightly all day and now, twelve hours later, pretty heavily. My fields didn't put up a fight against the snow. They accepted it and now have an inch or so settling in around the stubble of the last hay mowing we did.
The paved roads resisted during the daylight hours. But now it is dark and cold and the snow is steady. The roads are white.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:56 pm
Wilso wrote:
Just found out I got a distinction in chemistry this semester, in a subject with a 40% failure rate and in which I missed more than half the lectures due to work!

<clap, clap, clap!>
Well done, Wilso! Very Happy
0 Replies