What made you smile today?

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:26 pm
All this scarf talk got me thinking that I only own one scarf, and rarely wear it, as Toronto winters these days are not what they used to be. It is a very long, black scarf from J. Crew that a long-distance ex mailed to me from California to keep me warm for what she expected were hard winter nights here. For some reason, that made me smile a bit. The scarf turns 14 this year. Sshhhh....don't tell Mrs. cav, she'll have my balls. Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 02:53 pm
"Funky Granu" by Latyrx [Lateef & Lyrics Born]. Cute! ;-)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:44 pm
The drive to Bonham, TX, to deliver and order and finding the Sam Rayburn library is there and was open. What a great way to spend the 40th anniversary of the Kennedy assanation.

I smiled as I remember how committed I was at one time to this county, providing good service to the taxpayers, and the dream, oh I smiled as I remembered all the great dreams I had then. We though any thing was possible.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:16 am
i smiled b/c i am alive & i like it
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 03:39 pm
I painted a SaltRiver stone, today.

It came out perfect, so I S_M_I_L_E_D
Confused Confused Confused Confused
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 03:56 pm
was walking up to the yarn store to find something funky and walked past a whole bunch of just beautiful walk-ups, renovated and all shiny, ivy, perfect-looking. . .

I WILL live in one of those some day. Maybe :-)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:25 pm
We broke the bat!

http://www.blogforamerica.com/
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:45 pm
My Italian housemate is trying out swear phrases. Very funny.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:05 pm
My entire family is here, all of my priceless gifts are assembled in one room.

Does it get any better?

I don't think so:)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:13 am
Misti26 wrote:
My entire family is here, all of my priceless gifts are assembled in one room.

Does it get any better?

I don't think so:)

Misti, your post made me smile. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:17 pm
My 8 month old grandson, Liam, after picking him up in my arms, he lays his head on my shoulder ............... !!! There's no better feeling in this world!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 03:14 pm
My 15 year old daughter walked up o me with the sweetest smile on her face, and kissed me on the cheek...for no reason! First time she's done that in years. I'll be smiling all week. Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 10:26 pm
Listening to Rae, chatter as we drove along on our errands, and remembering....................
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 10:56 pm
Little E rushed to tell her mom what had happened about ann hour before she got home to relieve me: "Mommy, mommy, I hit the chair instead of Kiki!" Unfortunately we both (me and E's mom) started laughing. Talk about self-incrimination.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 11:45 pm
Enjoyed hanging out with Mom today.

That's all.

Love you, Mom. Thanks for helping me today.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 01:16 am
I smiled when I saw Rae and Misti here tonight :-D
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:53 pm
Montana wrote:
I smiled when I saw Rae and Misti here tonight :-D

Me, too!

and...

making plans with my best friend
sharing m&m's
phoning my Dad
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 07:30 pm
I remembered my mother's birthday today, and so did my sister. She called me - we would like to still be able to call her, but we can't.

Then the sucky thing was there was no time to at least talk about it a little bit together - we kept on having to call each other back. It was ridiculous, every time she called I was in the middle of arranging something, answering someone, having to quickly send something out, and when I called - well, the same. Work. A baby child. I think she got the better of the two distractions ;-).

She was all proud because my nephew - whoo-aa - he's learned to crawl on all fours! Suddenly going all over the place <grins>.

But then, she would have loved to tell T. ...

Anastasia had good news, too - she's accepted for a teacher training course in Budapest thats gonna take place next January or February! She got through her 40min telephone interview. She's excited scared shitless nervous and elated <grins>. Thats so cool/scary.

Again, the shitty little thing about it today was that I so wanted to go out and celebrate it with her like she wanted, have a cup of tea and some cake somewhere! But - work, again. Can hardly ask your colleague to stay working till 9:30 and then walk away yourself. I bought her flowers though. (Not my colleague, Anastasia.)

Still, spending some time together woulda been better. But tomorrow morning at 8 I gotta be on the train to the airport and go to ******* Greece till Sunday. Yeh, you would like to, huh? Well you can go in my place, I'd rather stay here.

Last reason to smile - it may be dark thirty in the morning now (well - <looks> - two, anyway), but I did finish revising/completing that funding application like boss asked. They can put the annexes together when I'm in Saloniki, by the time I'm back it's all out the door! Thats the cool thing about that. ;-)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:16 pm
News of the birth of my second neice. 3am this morning. 6lbs 7ounces and healthy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:18 pm
Wilso wrote:
News of the birth of my second neice. 3am this morning. 6lbs 7ounces and healthy.

That's awesome uncle Wilso :-D
0 Replies