What made you smile today?

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 12:47 pm
Diane wrote:
Fred the parrot made me smile, as did his owner.

This made me smile... my mom used to have a parrot named Fred! He got away one day <sad face> but lived for many more years in the wilds of Bombay, WA, to the delight of the many who saw him <happy face> and eventually became King of the Crows! <nodding, this is True!> Then he died. But he died happy! <silly grin> Why else would you name a parrot Fred?

Petunia -- still can't get that song to sing to me, but the words are cute. I am lame on computers sometimes.

Sozobe -- We saw similar swarms of ladybugs when we were visiting the volcanic aftermath of Mt. St. Helens a year ago. They do bite! Don't worry about your friend, I'm sure she recognized the problem.

Swimpy -- Fluffy the Costume is a great story!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 03:23 pm
My name was called in the group that was released from jury duty. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:05 pm
got a big long smile while discoing with my neice today.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:05 am
Grand Duke wrote:

I've also started dreaming again, which was a very rare occurance for a long time whilst stoned.

That's happened to me twice. Once when getting off dope, and when I experience a lift in depression. I think it's a sure sign that the stuff causes depression. Giving it up you get a large increase in neuro-transmitter levels. And depression is generally characterised by low neuro-transmitter levels!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:42 am
This joke:

Quote:
One day a sweet little girl becomes puzzled about her origin.

"How did I gethere, Mommy?" she asks.

Her mother replies, using a well-worn phrase, "Why God sent you, Honey."

"And did God send you too, Mommy?" she continues. "Yes, Sweetheart, he did."

"And Daddy, and Grandma and Grandpa, and their moms and dads, too?"

"Yes, Honey, all of them, too."

The child shakes her head in disbelief.

"Then you're telling me there's been no sex in this family for over 200 years?

No wonder everyone is so grouchy!"
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 05:06 am
littlek wrote:
got a big long smile while discoing with my neice today.

She sounds so much like my niece! Some of the moves she's got! Every time music starts, she starts shakin' it Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 07:09 am
No smiles today. I've got the flu :-(
0 Replies

Miss RedHead

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:50 pm
That at half pass six, I was finally free to go home to my sweet boyfriend (I'm living with for ALMOST 8 years now!!!).....you see after so many years TOGETHER I can still SMILE Very Happy...

-x-
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 05:26 pm
Man, you guys talk about weed like it's heroin.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 05:35 pm
what?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:24 pm
googling on whack the bunny got me over 20,000 hits (snicker)

that's good!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:22 am
eoe wrote:

When it's the centre of your life, it may as well be. You can't go out, unless you've had a smoke first. You can't go on holiday's unless you can get it where you're going, or you can't enjoy it. When it's the first thing you do in the morning, the first thing you do when you get home from work, and the last thing you do before you go to sleep, it's as bad as any other drug.
What's worse is you don't realise how bad, until you get off it-and you're not depressed any more, and you've suddenly got an appetite, and energy, and you can sleep better, and you start dreaming a lot, and waking up feeling like you've slept, and you don't have to hide anything from people, and you've got more money in your pocket, and you don't get angry as easily- the list just goes on and on and on.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:24 am
Sorry if I sound like an evangelist, but the advantages of giving up are many, and the drawbacks are zero.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:10 am
What kind of dope did you guys smoke anyway....depressed? No appetite? are you kidding me? I was a heavy dope smoker for years but it never depressed me and it damn sure never took away my appetite, and when i was in a situation where there was no dope available or it was inappropriate to be smoking....well I just didn't that's all.

I will still get stoned if the set and setting is correct, but like many other things with a busier life and more responsibilities it's not appropriate as much as it used to be, so I've cut way back....but I didn't feel like I was "kicking a habit" and it sure wasn't unpleasant....to me, pot is one of the most pleasant and innocuous things you can do...besides work out or SEX Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation .........it's THE stress reliever and you can still go to the store or whatever......

Cocaine on the other hand can be a little more problematic...but even after doing coke for 20 years I quit one day when I decided to, and even then I was edgy for a couple of days and that's about it......I guess mindset has a lot to do with it as well....NO one or NO thing with the exception of "The South" is my master....and that's that. Not like I'm claiming to be virtuous, just headstrong...... :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:39 am
Pretty much everyone I knew in high school and university smoked weed. Most didn't have any problems with it, but I did know a couple of guys who had experiences that sound like Wilso's, so it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. If it were liquor, they would have been alcoholics of the worst kind. People can judge which drugs are benign, and which are bad, but the truth is that addiction is related to personality, and does not discriminate.

Anway, Mrs. cav is going to a Lord of the Rings do this weekend, and her mom made her an elf costume. Seeing her in it this morning made me smile. Smile
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 10:00 am
My brand new to me camera. I am smiling inside and out.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:42 pm
i dunno about "smile" ...

but when i (finally) got home from work, after 1 am, there was a message (so long that it was two messages) from anastasia on the voicemail ... and it was beautiful. it totally had me crashing down. i mean - no bad - just - i was tired and alone - and found this beautiful, beautiful message.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:54 pm
eoe wrote:

it can be very addictive. not physically, but psychologically. i had someone around who ended up with the situation wilso is describing. its sad. my friend is now back to three joints a day (i think ...), and even that - it wastes so much of your time, of your energy, systematically gets in the way between you and initiative in life. she had the problem with appetite too, but not with dreaming. and yeh, depression. typically an escape that, if you end up going there all the time to avoid facing the rest of your life, makes the need for escape bigger still - etc

cav is right i think. addiction is totally personality-related. some people are just more addictive-prone, something in the genetic or psychological make up i guess. almost everyone i know's smoked joints once in a while or still does, but i dont know any others, personally, for whom it became a problem like that - but i have friends who tell the same story about friends of theirs, two, three cases. on the other hand i have a friend who used coke (on weekends) for years, with no sign of addiction - like, she doesnt miss it when she goes travelling and she doesnt really miss it now that she hardly using it anymore either. she did crack two or three times, too, didnt get hooked. it seems like some people are immune or something. i did some e for some time, no addiction whatsoever.

it depends on what your life looks like, too, i guess - the more it is an escape rather than a pleasant passtime, the more risky. but again, once you use it as an escape, and you use enough of it, itll mess your life up enough for you to need ever more of it. i dunno. congrats to wilso and duke, in any case.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 12:04 am
I woke up smiling because I'd just come out of a dream about all the daft things that happened when I was out at the bars with friends last night.
A very funny night, spent most of it laughing my head off. My neck is sore and my back hurts from laughing so much.
Splendid(tm)!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 12:17 am
This site usually does.

Not that I'm trying to ass kiss or anything, but coming here and seeing the wide and diverse points of view. well, it makes my day.

I get upset when I'm at home and can't devote time here. School's a little better, since I have more free time there. Hopefully I'll figure a way to stop by more often. . . .
0 Replies