Dyson's suck!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 11:03 am
@chai2,
We had bad needed rain this morning
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Myself, caramelizing onions again. Good day for it, cool and sort of misty, finally it's Fall in Albuquerque.

Recipe - http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-44616227/

That should lead to Russ Parson's caramelized onion recipe. I'm not sure as this is the old very wonky computer and I don't want to fool with it right now.
Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 02:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I'm not sure as this is the old very wonky computer and I don't want to fool with it right now.

Hi! I thought you were getting a new/different computer? Is that going to happen soon?

Hope you're doing well, otherwise.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:04 pm
@Ragman,
It'll happen when I save the money. I'm a v. low income person; I'm use to it. I've used the time to research a variety of sites that sell refurbished iMacs, by far my preferred choice.

I probably need to get the senior affairs folks tuned in (I don't drive anymore, buses impossibly unhandy), but the times I visited them before, it could run to 3 hours before being called to talk with them. Bla blah blah... I need to step up. Manana.

I can use a friend's computer if strongly needed, or one of my neighbor's, not to worry.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I just noticed your comment on doing well otherwise, and yes, I'm surprisingly swell, health wise. Same old same old re my eyes and peripheral vision and all the rest of the eye stuff - those are still the same, nothing worse. I never saw the doc who messed up the left eye (traumatic glaucoma or similar words, etc.) again..
I didn't try to sue; he didn't mean to screw up. Still fond of my eye doc here in Abq., he's a mix of very smart with keen personality and apparent happy family.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I should add that I have good stuff to sell; it's the doing of all that which is tricky for me... I don't want night visitations, snort.

I don't think I've ever seen a garage sale in this neighborhood. Maybe once, years ago.

I can look like a walking victim if someone is so inclined. The cane from my neighbor would heighten that inclination. I sort of hate it, but given our concrete, it's useful on the way to the mailbox.

Sigh, I used to specify mail boxes for california housing projects.

I'm not the only neighbor who has trouble on our street, skippidie hoppidie. I suppose I should complain to the city.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I know what you mean. I've got some really nice woodworking equipment in the shop that I'll likely never use again. I've got a feeling that a yard sale or advertising would be like putting out a sign that says Come Steal Me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:58 pm
@roger,
You might try eBay.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 04:59 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You might consider one of the consignment places, especially if you aren't in a hurry.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 05:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Good idea, rjb. I went on the internet and found a thrift shop not far from where we live. Got someth'n to sell.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We sold a bunch of my mom's stuff via that route. I can't recall the % they took. Sometimes the Senior Center offers a yard sale which saves the hassle of strangers coming to your place.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 05:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
Osso wakes up..

friend and I know one local place worth trying. Or, I suppose I could go further afield.

thank you all, especially johnboy.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 09:20 pm
a good weekend of swimming

after a summer of going to the pool but not focussing on distance/time, this weekend was good. 15 metres crawl on one breath, 1 km backstroke without stopping. a little playtime. all smile-inducing.

put on these shoes that I picked up at last weekend''s swap meet

apparently they were a 'thing' once upon a time

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance-W890ALBK-Limited-Edition-Heidi-Klum-Womens-Running-Shoes-/321897657647

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cYQAAOSw7aBVAxfD/s-l500.jpg

somewhere around 60 cents, brand new, at the swap
fantastic for dog-walking

someone got my neighbour's tenant's hooker shoes

https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=81603619

good deal all round
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 12:18 pm
@ehBeth,
A teary-eyed smile for this one.
chai2

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 06:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeah at 5:20. I want the video of the next day.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 09:41 am
@chai2,
Laughing Embarrassed Laughing Embarrassed Laughing Embarrassed Laughing Embarrassed
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 01:21 pm
The letters in Viz.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23376152_1659782744083166_8266417993175827096_n.png?oh=93cf00f33d82c658679f86c3277a44d6&oe=5A9B715B
chai2

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 11:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, that reminded me when I was a kid and was curiously looking though the want ads to see what it was that adults do.

I thought I'd had it made, since I saw a few ads for "polish workers".

I was confused as to why they were looking specifically for people with Polish heritage.

I guess that's a Polish joke in itself.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 11:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Warriors won!
0 Replies