What made you smile today?

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 04:54 pm
little, silly thing ...

so, i'm still at work <uhhuh>, its laaaate in the evening (if thats still what it is), and in between writing some and getting distracted some i'm listening to dublab radio.

(ok, thats one, actually).

two (the little, silly thing): in between hour-long mixes, they have brief "ads" for their own station ... this one started with someone knocking, like on the door, and going, "hello?". they musta timed it pretty well, cause after the third hello and a silence, i went (out loud), "yeh!?", and at the very beat, the voice goes, "there you are - and you're listening to ..."

waskindafunny
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 05:31 pm
letty ... i like that song ... <nods>

andrea: "amelie" is so cute! i loved it. anyone who sees amelie will instantly feel happy and glad with the world, i think!
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:48 pm
My not-so-little one falling asleep in my lap.
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:50 pm
smile
HA, i got one. The girl i like, who thinks i like her, but doesn't know i like her, because i like her and I am very good at disguising anything, pain, happiness, hahahaha! And she's not too bad looking either Shocked I spent the whole day with her!! But it was on a boring biology field trip that i could barely stay awake for. I was dozing for a few minutes......
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:22 pm
Very Happy
My sister just stuck her head in my door and yelled for my son, who came bounding downstairs.
Sis had spied a Clemson football star, home for a high school football game... (my son has been a HUGE Clemson fan since birth) ...and she bought a seat cushion and got him to sign it for my son.

Smiles by all; individually, collectively, in pairs.
It was quite smiley.

Oh yeah.
I laughed like hell when I caught my mother in a lie, and again when she did such a lame job apologizing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:34 pm
sozlet is really jazzed about Halloween this year. She liked it last year (first-ever chocolate was a um kit-kat from trick-or-treat loot), but this year she's just levitating from excitement.

I have made her costumes the last two years, and so have been trying to pin her down on what she wants to be. I'm happy to make whatever, but not if she then rejects it AFTER I've put all of the effort into it. So she wanted to be a cow, and a princess, and a witch, and a cow-princess, and a bunny-witch, and a wolf, and the three little pigs, and that train of thought finally led to Goldilocks. She decided she really, really wanted to be Goldilocks. (I am to be the 3 bears. I'll figure it out.)

She has curly light brown hair, and was emphatic that she must have GOLD hair. So we went to the store to find some kind of spray-on stuff. It all looked nasty, "Keep out of reach of children," etc., and then I found a kid-sized wig, long blonde hair and bangs. She looooooved the wig, so we got that.

Then we came home and I found a whole outfit for her just from what she has: a 70's era Polly Flinders dress with white eyelet cuffs and collar, smocking, and embroidery, and white patent Mary Janes. (Both hand-me downs.) With red tights, the wig, and a red hair bow, she is SO Goldilocks.

So assembled the whole thing, and marched her over to the big mirror with her eyes closed. She was just enchanted. Stroking her long blonde hair, striking poses, etc. Would only answer to "Goldilocks" for the rest of the evening. (Eventually relinquished the wig, but wanted to keep wearing the clothes.) We'll see how long this lasts... one event this weekend, at least, and I have back-up plans if she gets sick of it. (Have been building up a formidable dress-up chest, so the wig will be an interesting addition regardless.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:55 pm
I can see that girl posing. That little girl is soooooo stylin'.
It's making me smile, thinking about meeting everyone, including the stylin' sozlet, last week.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:15 pm
Lately, I've been walking the dogs at a time where a number of the other small dog owners and owners of small dogs :wink: are out walking their dogs.

The other night as we (Cleo, Bailey and I) came around the corner, I could see one of my favourite dog-walking couples walking. They were holding hands and walking in absolutely perfect lock-step. How odd. I couldn't see their dog anywhere. He's usually about a house-width behind them. Hmmmmm. They turned the corner, and there he was, trotting along, in the exact pattern of his lady companion's right foot. It was huge smile making.

Tonight it was meeting Georgina and Pandora and their gentleman companion as we did our rounds. We walked on one side of the street, they walked on the other. The humans talked across the street to each other while the dogs patrolled. Another night of neighbourly smiles.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:17 pm
Very Happy

She just LOVED everything you gave her, not least the box itself... she points out to me often that it is a snowmama, a snowpapa, and a snowbaby. She thinks that's very nice.

(Oh and I'm also smiling because I'm wearing the Rosie T-shirt Swimpy made for me!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:24 pm
I like that the sozlet and I think alike! Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:00 pm
<smiles at sozlet story>
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 06:04 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=414898#414898

Smile...... I am grinning from ear to ear! Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 06:24 am
Dinner with the family tonight. My little niece always makes me beam.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:31 am
Sozobe, it will take her a while to tire of her new "outfit"....I have a niece who had a pair of red cowboy boots, she wore them endlessly, until her feet would no longer go into them...they LOVE those simple items. A blond wig will last forever!!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:55 am
Soz, I can imagine the sozlet as Goldilocks. That reminds me of a story about my younger son. When he was about the sozlet's age, my sister helped me make costumes for both my guys out of fake fur. The older one was a mouse and the younger a fluffy white cat. Ian loved his costume so much that I finally had to hide it so it wouldn't get dirty. Even after losing his costume, he called himself Fluffy the Costume.

If I can get the photo scanned, I'll post it in the galery. Too cute.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 09:10 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 10:35 am
"Fluffy the costume"... HA! Big smile.

Petunia, I can imagine with the red cowboy boots! I have to very carefully and strategically remove clothes and shoes that the kid has grown out of. I kept out some of her tiny baby clothes for a doll she has, and she persistently tries to get those on. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 10:38 am
Once as a kid, I wanted to go out dressed as a gargoyle. I was perusing my dad's medieval architechture books. My dad always made our costumes, and did a really cool gargoyle mask out of bristol board. Then some dude poked a candy through the eyehole and that was not fun at all...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
I love "Fluffy the Costume"!

Cav, your dad made costumes for you? How cool!

I saw an old friend today, lots of smiles.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:45 pm
Our little tuxedo Lacey snuggled between two plants with a look on her face as if to say: "I've got the world by the balls!"
0 Replies