What made you smile today?

kev

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:07 pm
msolga's avatar, I can't help but smile each time I see it.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:20 pm
Previously Water Terrified Ranger, squiggling and bolting from my grasp--relaxed during his watery flea-ing... He began standing still for me, as I drowned and poisoned the dang flea varmints. When his flea bath was over, he nuzzled me, and bit at the water hose, asking for more.

During Jill's ordeal, Ranger kept putting his butt near the water hose. Since the second wave of fleas was, indeed emerging to the surface of his thick hair, he bought himself another bath.

This, from a dog who used to run pell mell in fright when I filled his water dish...

All in all, a great day for dogs, a rather bad day for fleas. Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 06:53 pm
I smiled as I cooked the beautiful fish that Rae caught ... a 27" Red, delicious!!!
0 Replies

-andrea-

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:35 am
I just realised nothing's made me smile yet *feels miserable*
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 11:03 am
-andrea- wrote:

Same here andrea :-( It's Thanksgiving here too :-(
0 Replies

-andrea-

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 11:09 am
Montana wrote:
-andrea- wrote:

Same here andrea :-( It's Thanksgiving here too :-(

we don't celebrate thanksgiving
bank holiday today Evil or Very Mad it feels like a sunday and I'm bored
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 11:12 am
I just feel restless today for some reason. I think it might have something to do with my child support being 2 weeks late. That always ruffles my feathers.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 11:32 am
I had a disagreement with one of my karaoke accounts a few weeks back...the account wasn't broke but they hired a new bar manager who decided to fix it anyway with predictable results......naturally I was scapegoated and when I told this new guy that the problem was he was now running my show instead of me and suggested he take a look at the fruits of his labors....I was invited to end our association.

they hired some new guy who it turns out was a friend of this dick bar managers....surprise!!!!!! and now it's Gooberoke....all country, a handful of coke drinking non tipping rednecks, numbers in the toilet....and now I learn this new savior of karaoke got his car repossessed in the middle of his show the other night and couldn't get his equipment out
without calling someone.......they stepped up alright.......... I shouldn't gloat.......... Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:16 pm
LOL Bear.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:45 pm
Gloat away, BPB! That's what friends are for!

(I'd sure be gloating if it were me!...and sadly, this sort of thing has happened to me too often.)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 01:19 pm
I heard today from an old friend in Germany. He's been on the "missing" list for a couple of years.

The news was a bit sad - he's split from his wife and kids, and they've gone to live in the far south - a fair way away from him, and he's a doting dad.

But it was so great to know hes still around.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:33 pm
I puppy-sat for my friend this past week, a miniature dachshund. She is the funniest thing I have every seen, Personality plus is Miss Gretchen (or little bit, as I call her), nine pounds of boundless energy. I would be watching TV and she would jump to the back of the sofa, very quietly, and then jump, nose first to the back of my neck, cold, wet nose, and wanting to play...she is such a mess...I smile everytime I think of her, what fun she is.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
No, smiles today, I'm afraid
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
Letty, are you okay?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:46 pm
Smiling as I catch up on the latest posts. NIMH, your cheese shop sounds like heaven. I hope you come back and tell us how they tasted.

BPB, I'm gloating with you.

Petunia555555, animal stories always make me smile.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:47 pm
yes,petunia, I'm not terminal or anything...just down a little. Thank you for asking.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:48 pm
Thank you, Diane, they always make me smile too...Also hearing from you and Dys, I just got the connection the other day, make me smile or just plain laugh out loud....in other threads I read.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:50 pm
I'm glad you are okay...there are certainly days like that, I have them quite frequently....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 06:09 pm
Sort of a sad smile today.

The dogs and I dropped Setanta off at the airport, after a week on the road together.

When I looked in the rear-view mirror I saw little Miss Cleo standing up on the backseat with her front paws on the hatch-lid watching Setanta as we drove away. I was smiling because I'm proud of how she's learning and understanding, sad because of what she understands.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 06:28 pm
{{{{{{{{{ LETTY and EHBETH }}}}}}}}}

Petunia, Smile
0 Replies