What made you smile today?

Eastree

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:55 am
what made me smile?? finally seeing a status bar under my user name in A2K! I went from just hatched to newbie!

Actually, i'm kidding -- i just wanted to brag somewhere. But I did smile today, I promise!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 10:09 am
only one more week - and then it's vacation time!
and i really really really need this vacation.
thinking of getting away from here for a week is smile-worthy.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:
only one more week - and then it's vacation time!
and i really really really need this vacation.
thinking of getting away from here for a week is smile-worthy.

Bethie
Are we causing you that much stress?
Sad Confused
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:28 pm
(psst, margo -- i think she means canada. it does that to people, ya know. a very sullen, down-in-the-mouth, brutish country it is.)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:49 pm
Yo, patiodog, I've been meaning to ask ever since the Seattle gathering during which we never had the chance to so much as exchange pleasantries: What degree are you pursuing these days? I gather it's in the sciences...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:57 pm
if you didn't exchange pleasantries, what did you exchange?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 02:31 pm
Quote:
Yo, patiodog, I've been meaning to ask ever since the Seattle gathering during which we never had the chance to so much as exchange pleasantries: What degree are you pursuing these days? I gather it's in the sciences...

BS in biology, though if I get into vet school this time around (I've already got a BA in theater) I may not finish it. Not that any of that makes me smile.

Quote:
if you didn't exchange pleasantries, what did you exchange?

Well, see, D'art's a Braves fan, and my mama always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say...

It's sunny and warm here today and for most of the week, so I'm smiling a lot about nothing in particular.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 02:53 pm
Yes, I sensed patiodog's hostility to the Braves, so I thought it best to stay at the other end of the table. Though, in truth, if I stayed away from everyone who seems to dislike the Braves, I'd have no friends.

(And the way they played in the Cubs series isn't making me smile today, that's for sure!)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:35 pm
Co Gubs!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:42 pm
I actually wish the Cubs well at this point. If those pitchers keep it up, they have the best chance of beating the Yankees in the WS.

And that would make me smile BIG TIME!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:45 pm
I was thinking that last night. Only team I can't stand more than the Braves is the Yankees. Two birds, one stone. (I would pull for Boston, but, you know, I've got a feeling about a quarter of thei fans will drop dead if they win, and the rest won't know what to do with their lives.)

The beer's bubbling away, yeast doing its work. Makes me smile.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:48 pm
What kind are you brewing?

Re baseball: If the Cubs do indeed win the WS, think of how the Bosox fans will feel. Thye will be alone in rooting for a team that hasn't won in so many years. They'll love it!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 05:17 pm
IPA, from a cheap kit. Found a co-op in Santa Cruz that sells fair trade green coffee beans and organic homebrew supplies. Didn't want to make a big investment until I found their stuff was, you know, good. (Was disappointed to get hop pellets instead of whole hops.)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 05:19 pm
Good luck! A co-worker is also brewing an IPA at the moment. He's using some hops he grew. Claims that it will be 100 IBU, and he promised me a bottle.

That will make me smile, too...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 06:06 pm
http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/chevalier%20web.JPG

I'm smiling because I found an old picture of Gus.LOL

Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
Hahaha Diane. I love it :-D
0 Replies

Adele

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 08:31 pm
I smiled really big, for a long time while teaching one of my doggysitting dogs to dance the Rumba! And she's gettin' pretty darn good at it too!! : )
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:04 pm
Diane wrote:
http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/chevalier%20web.JPG

I'm smiling because I found an old picture of Gus.LOL

Laughing

Oh, My goodness! Shocked

Is that really Gus? Most artistic! This could change my whole opinion of men with facial hair Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:31 pm
pdog - you're right. My housemates just informed me that they're winning and I thought, "what would happen to us if they did win!?!" The world may be ending shortly folks, been nice knowing ya.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:32 pm
Sox won tonight, too. (Don't tell the folks at work that I watched the end of the game....I'll blame it on the cold, not pennant fever.)
0 Replies