What made you smile today?

mikey

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:45 pm
'twas a dark, damp, dreary windy and rainy night in florida. hurricane isabelle was getting close. the rain and wind pummeled the streets and made it difficult to see on my drive home from work.
i had just settled in at home and it was after i brewed a cup of tea and put dinner on the stove that i heard a faint knock on my door thru the howling wind and driving rain.
reluctantly i got up from my chair and walked to the door to see who it was.
there was a man standing there with a woe begone look on his face, leather jacket pulled up over his head to keep the rain off, a no name asking me in a familiar dublin accent "so, are ye up fer goin out fer the pint or 2?"....there in the alcove next door to this nameless wanderer stood my hooded sister from dublin.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:27 am
LOL Mikey!

Just getting me new computer has made me smile! (Until I start paying it off!)
0 Replies

Adele

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 01:20 am
Knowing yesterday is gone, and it was a GOOD day. And in the presumption that today will be another good too! : )
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 03:19 am
Finding the first little blue hatched egg shell of the spring!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:55 am
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/03/B2/plantstraveldogsandpix/1/20.jpg
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:14 am
My two holidayz are gone... That makez me sad though...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 01:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
LOL Mikey!

Just getting me new computer has made me smile! (Until I start paying it off!)

That should make us all smile. Razz

No more funny colours; no more unusual happenings (on dlowan's computer, that is - plenty of unusual happenings around dlowan! Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:04 pm
Haha - I have a public holiday today - does Margo?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
Something Sofia said today made me smile :-)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:36 pm
I stopped in at Montana's for a visit today and she started yelling at me. It made me smile. Not so much because she was yelling, but because of the intensity of her face as she screamed at me. She was angry because I poked fun at her garden tractor and I told her I've seen better efforts at canning. I also told her that her ocean view was over rated. At that point... she blew her stack. I smiled.

http://www.wackypackages.org/minis/gadzooka_woman.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:57 pm
Gus
I wasn't yelling that much, was I? How many times have I told you not to take my picture when I'm yelling? Jeeez Gus!!!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:05 pm
I gave my friend's 15-year-old daughter a driving lesson. She didn't hit anything, and no one lost his or her cool. First time I've done it, and I was determined not to be the angry grown-up my father was when he taught (or failed to teach) me how to drive. Felt good!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:24 pm
Yay D'art! Patient driving teachers are rare and precious.

Yay dlowan's new computer, too. 'bout time!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:24 pm
D'artagnan
I'm teaching my son how to drive as well. My nerves are shot, but I'm calm on the outside. He's doing great, I just don't like being in a car when someone else is driving.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
ahem,,,,,,,,,montana....i take my road test on tuesday.........i'll be back.........unfortunately.

word to the wise,,,,,,,do not hide behind any telephone poles even in an emergency.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:48 pm
That is truly a scary thought Mikey!!!!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:39 pm
Since everyone else gets to tell stories about the children in their lives I thought I'd share one of my own. The following is a telephone conversation between myself and one of the salespeople (who is almost twice my age) from this afternoon:

SP: I took my break late specifically so I could watch the end of the Red Sox game and the guy from the China department won't put it on because he's watching the History Channel.

TD: (barely controlling laughter) So what would you like me to do about it?

SP: (angry) I want you to tell him to put the game on.

TD: (giggling) I can't do that.

SP: (more angry and whining) Why not?

TD: (still giggling) Because he's on his break not on company time. I have no authority.

SP: (whining louder) But I've been here longer; I have seniority.

TD: (laughing) But he was there first. You'll just have to wait until his break is over.

SP: (shouting) Why are you laughing? this isn't funny; IT'S THE WORLD SERIES!

TD: (laughing uncontrollably) No it's not; it's the playoffs. By the way, if you get him to change the channel could you find out how the Patriots are doing and call me back?

SP: (absolutely livid) I can't believe you won't help me. I'm going to call the guys in the men's department to come help me.

TD: (still laughing) Good luck. (hanging up phone) They're all football fans too.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 11:18 pm
Terry's post made me smile.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:04 am
Austin, TX on Friday and a special find while junking this weekend.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:09 am
Wow. What a great town. Still smiling about Friday on Monday. (Hmmm, she must be unemployed...)
0 Replies