What made you smile today?

mismi

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 06:27 pm
@ehBeth,
That is cool.

Love the picture Beth. You are all so beautiful!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:28 pm
@mismi,
we are definitely happy

I can't get over how grinny some of us are

Smile
mismi

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Grinny's good.

Seems the inner happy is coming out. I like.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:43 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/p180x540/10354160_688870094518274_397083470831702109_n.jpg

with some of my very best dance friends and our instructor at the end of a six hour shaabi workshop today

it was our second shot at singing in Arabic and it's not as awful as it was a month ago
Which one are u ?
giujohn

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I would guess shes the one in back of the girl w/ the necklace
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:27 am
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-05/enhanced/webdr02/23/10/anigif_enhanced-2456-1400855981-1.gif
http://www.buzzfeed.com/wdventito/photo-projects-that-are-completely-inspired
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:06 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I would guess shes the one in back of the girl w/ the necklace
Maybe
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:59 pm
This happened on Monday. Does it still count?

I was downtown in the Wall Street/court house area. It had been years since I'd been on a crowded, noisy, busy street in my beloved hometown.

It felt wonderful! It was a homey feeling in a crowded noisy, busy way. It made me smile. Also making me smile were some of the boychiks wandering by. Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 06:59 am
Pictures of Max, my new (and only) grandson.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 08:21 am
@George,
George wrote:
Pictures of Max, my new (and only) grandson.
May he live in BEAUTY and thrive in SUCCESS!

David
George

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you, David.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:31 am
I need to get up to do some things, but roland just laid down on my lap.

I've been captured and will not be allowed to get up until something more interesting to him happens somewhere else.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:19 am
Saturday will be a lump day. I've been planning this for a while. Sometimes a person needs to lump.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 07:45 am
Still savoring and smiling about a netflix tv series that knocked my socks off - The Trip. I would guess it would have a mixed reception, but for me, it was the best flic I've seen in years and years. I teared from the beauty (I've not been to Britain though I've read lots) and it opens after a minute or two with 'ordinary' English countryside, so lovely; twelve minutes in, I was laughing my head off (the participants who are also actors in real life were impersonating Michael Caine). As the episodes passed along, there were serious talking bits, unserious talking bits, more impersonations, speedy academic wrangling, personal dealings, adventures with food - that, the ostensible cause of the trip, food reviewing for a magazine. For me, a foodie long before that was a word, the food part was nigh on hilarious - so typical of super high end restaurant experience, but at the same time an over the top send off on pomposity except that it wasn't a sendoff, the food and restaurants were real... along with their comments. Later, towards the end, the pair of the them were singing in the car as they sped along the motorway, wonderful singing. All of the driving was on the wrong side of the road, of course. I just about adapted to that by the end.

It's going to hurt to send the disc back to netflix.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:39 am
@ossobuco,
There's always The Italian Trip. All the banter between Rob Bryden and Steve Coogan was improvised. They bounced off each other when filming A Cock And Bull Story , based on Spendi's favourite, and supposedly unfilmable, novel, The Life And Opinions Of Tristram Shandy.

Here's a link to a Guardian review.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2006/jan/22/philipfrench
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:53 am
@izzythepush,
The Italian Trip was magnifico, Izzy. Great scenery, food and laughs.

I would bet a pound to a penny that Osso would also enjoy the "Two Greedy Italians".series.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yes, and Sicily/Italy Uncovered.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 11:19 am
@izzythepush,
You guys are making me drool..
will have to see if netflix has those yet, and flip around some of the items in my queue.

But first I have to watch The Trip one more time.
Geez, it reminds me of the old 'us' - my ex, now still friend, was in a theater group when we met (at our gallery, which sublet to the theater group). When we got our house, it was the scene for some theater people get togethers, myself the mad cook, they the mad talkers. Hours and hours of talk... won't they ever just go home, said I to myself.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:10 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Hours and hours of talk... won't they ever just go home, said I to myself.

As the cook you could have given them some powerful laxatives, that normally gets them moving, in more ways than one, people rarely want to have a dump in someone else's bog.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Those dinners would go on six hours or more. Well, the food didn't last that long, but the talk did. There were two mainstays, both irish heritage folks like me and husband, which proves nothing as we were relatively quiet. One had been in a big movie (not the star but a good speaking part) and one had a big head and brighter mind. But others, not all of them men, quiet to start, finally sought to straighten out their token betters with their own soliloquys..

I didn't completely hate all this. I learned a lot, besides who to avoid, actually liked all of them. Was usually weary the next day. Going to sleep by myself back in the bedroom was a useless idea as our house was 680 square feet. No rest for the wicked cook and listener.

Anyway, I bet Steve and Rob have been in similar situations re those around them.
0 Replies