nothing.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 07:22 pm
My son Rhys got a job!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 07:40 pm
@George,
Hey, Rhys, congratulations from the High Desert Doggies!

I've been smiling watching Bob Mankoff speak at Google's headquarters (a video) about their being no algorithm for humor.. (that's on the NYer website today).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 08:05 pm
@vonny,
Hey Vonny, I'm not keen on cake either, my grandmother made the best bread pudding, but my Moms rice pudding and chocolate pudding were devine. Happy Birthday, my friend.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 08:09 pm
@George,
George wrote:

My son Rhys got a job!

YIPPEE~!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 01:29 pm
I've just had an email from one of my sisters in Oz, who has been researching the family tree. She has just made another leap back an extra generation and found another branch with a surname that made me smile.

It appears that my five times great grandfather on my maternal side was....

James Lord.

Fair made my day.
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 09:03 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy Lordy .
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:13 am
http://www.1111comics.me/comics/1111comics-00132-kiwi.png
http://www.1111comics.me/comic/132/
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:53 am
Opening up my Amazon.com package. Putting on some really comfortable New Balance sneakers while setting aside my unopened Cards Against Humanity card game.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/hilarious-awkward-rounds-of-cards-against-humanity
http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 03:51 pm
Linkat on an old thread from 2009 was arguing with 2Packs about whether Sam ever married Alice on the Brady Bunch.

She said...."If it was in one of those corny movies made after the show went off the air it doesn't count. They didn't even have the same middle girl so those movies aren't real."

Linkat served 2Packs.
Don't mess with her, especially about the Brady Bunch.
Linkat

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 07:30 am
@chai2,
True dat.

You don't mess with me and my Brady knowledge.
chai2

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 07:38 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

I've just had an email from one of my sisters in Oz, who has been researching the family tree. She has just made another leap back an extra generation and found another branch with a surname that made me smile.

It appears that my five times great grandfather on my maternal side was....

James Lord.

Fair made my day.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oQ5HQhaK6XU/T8UkPrI8xMI/AAAAAAAAAO8/Kqb23rqyPJ0/s1600/poster.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 07:39 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

True dat.

You don't mess with me and my Brady knowledge.

I stand in awe.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 08:54 am
Finishing the papering of my living room ceiling, that made me smile.

What with the cat trying her best to jump into the paste bucket, a wasp choosing the precise time that I have both arms holding the paper onto the ceiling before deciding to try to insert itself into my right ear, running out of paper one strip from the end, and frequently leaving the scissors waaaaay over on the pasting table when they should be in my back jeans pocket, it's gone rather smoothly.

On the trip down to the DIY store to purchase another roll of lining paper, I had a brief chance to enjoy the gorgeous summer weather out there.

What was it Cav used to say about sundress and no knickers?

Well, there was an abundance out there today. Nearly went up the kerb at one point.

The cat has just chased my pencil across the floor and under the sideboard. All is right with the world.
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 09:12 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lord, have mercy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 09:35 am
@Lordyaswas,
I had to look up lining paper. Never heard of it, but the houses I've had and wallpapered a bit of had plaster walls. But my using wall paper was a long time ago. I do well remember doing the ceiling. With plaid wallpaper (what was I thinking?) Not easy to keep aligned. Anyway, even I hated it shortly there after and then I got into the art of wallpaper removal.

What made me smile today? barking dachshunds next door, out for their morning yard romp.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 07:26 am

Reserved my plane and hotel for the Mensa Annual Gathering in Boston
in the first week of July. http://ag2014.us.mensa.org/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 07:39 am
My step daughter is moving to Austin at the end of the month!

She was here last week for an interview, and got the job.

Wallette will be staying with us until she finds a house (hopefully soon).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 08:32 am
@ossobuco,
What made me smile today? My having a few less painful symptoms of my outbreak of Shingles as compared to yesterday. I'm doing asbestos I can.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 01:22 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I had to look up lining paper. Never heard of it, but the houses I've had and wallpapered a bit of had plaster walls. But my using wall paper was a long time ago. I do well remember doing the ceiling. With plaid wallpaper (what was I thinking?) Not easy to keep aligned. Anyway, even I hated it shortly there after and then I got into the art of wallpaper removal.

Yes, I remember putting hessian wallpaper up in the late 70's. Our cat at the time soon realised that he could climb up it, so it looked a bit threadbare within a week.

I am currently doing up a deco house and the plaster on the walls has hairline cracks etc, so not good enough for painting. Lining paper smooths everything out and costs about 5% of what it would cost for a plasterer to come in and give the room a "skim".

All finished now.....all I have to do is prize the top off the duck egg blue and get painting.