What made you smile today?

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:34 am
The food fight in the art forum right here on A2k.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:43 am
I woke up today knowing I have band rehearsal this afternoon. Playing always makes me smile.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:44 am
That's great, bpBear! Being creative is good for all of us. Stirs things up. Flings off the dust mites.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:46 am
hey, Bear, psssssst - is the tat pattern ready to go?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:02 am
You all (but especially Angie and Beth) made me smile today just by being you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:02 am
working on it....
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:04 am
Going outside in 65 degree weather and finding that the recent cool temps have made my flowers happy has made me smile today. Also, I left my back door open all morning to let some fresh air in, and when I came back inside from the front yard, I found that my cats had let one of their little neighborhood kitty friends come inside to play! heehee... he took off when he saw me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 03:43 pm
Picked up some t-shirts for E.G. at the Gap today. ($4.95/ ea, whoo-hoo!) While paying, was looking around. Saw a display, and exclaimed without thinking, "Hey, those are knickers!." Saleslady, about my age, burst out laughing, covered her mouth, then said, "Yeah, aren't they cute?" with an ironic gleam in her eye. I said, "Yeah, I LOVED them when I was in sixth grade..." Then we commisserated about living through a style that we wore the first time around. And felt OLD. But we both were smiling.

This is what I'm talking about. Wear it with clogs, and this was the height of 6th grade fashion. Not so much the jacket. But little sweater vest, cotton print shirt, and knickers... oops, "modern cropped cuffed trouser" ("modern"? HAH!), and even the HAT.

6th grade outfit
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 03:59 pm
Sozobe - by the time those knickers were first time around for you, they were third time around for me. Oy!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:11 pm
Crazy war-like sounds coming from the upstairs, as my son and his gf were cleaning his room. It was a frigging biohazard, and I've been smiling for the last five hours, as they struggle to make it presentable.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:42 pm
I didn't see any knickers on that thar page!

I have seen that they are back in fashion, as are GAUCHOs! I loved gauchos more than I loved knickers.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:45 pm
oh the horror...gauchos

clogs..good

gauchos...silly

just my opinion...and the fact that I know they didnt look good on me then, they are gonna look REALLY BAD on me now....
so they should go away

Wink
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:46 pm
I saw some leg warmers at Target the other day...I remember how cool those were at the same time knickers were in! Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:48 pm
dang..I just put my leg warmers into a big bag for good will.....argh

hehehehe
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:54 pm
lol quinn...well at least you know that you can always get fresh ones in the latest colors, should you get the urge to be that fashionable
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:55 pm
I liked gauchos.... but I have a different body type. I bet your legs were too long for them, Q.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:04 pm
Oh, totally on the legwarmers! On the NYT fashion page today (ya know, with the pictures of actual people walking by), there was someone with legwarmers. I can see how it is cool for an 18-year-old. But...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:32 pm
Yeh, legwarmers and ... brightly-colored sweatbands. All the rage again, too. Xcept this time around, the one thing you dont do is use them to wipe off any sweat, of course.

<stares>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 12:41 am
Smiling at knickers and wondering if anyone on this thread can remember petti-pants. Sort of like pantaloons except they were form-fitting. We wore them in the 60's.
Smiling at the man I love.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 05:47 pm
eyah..thats it..my legs were too long...I knew there had to be a reason Smile
Looking forward to seeing the new style of legwarmers...intersting how it all goes around.
0 Replies