What made you smile today?

royable

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 08:25 am
@nimh,
I met an old friend from school after what seemed like ages. It was really great to see him again.
hamilton

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@royable,
i love it when that happens! (to me) my friend moved to cleveland, and isnt really into keeping touch, (we are still very good friends, though), and whenever i see him, or he picks up the phone, whatever, it always makes me smile.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:17 am
The little green triangle in A2K.
dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:02 am
@hingehead,
Green triangle?
hingehead

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:14 am
@dlowan,
Top right and bottom right - quick link to top and bottom of page - no more scrolling - simple things....
dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:01 am
@hingehead,
Oh....I only seem to have one on the top...at least on my iPad.

0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:21 am
@hingehead,
With my old-fashioned (wireless) keyboard, I can just hit "home" or "end" to get me to top or bottom. I hadn't realized it was such a boon before.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:24 am
@patiodog,
Ill be damned, works
George

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 01:14 pm
Watching Da Broonz throw out ceremonial first pitches at Fenway Park.
hingehead

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 01:55 pm
@patiodog,
Yeah, but I hate switching between mouse and keyboard. When I'm just reading and catching up I always found myself 6 messages down using the mouse scroll to get back 'My Posts' to see what else had been updated. I think it's good little addition to the UX. My work overlaps a lot with that field so I appreciate that sort of thing, and I'm a fan of small unbidden improvements.
wayne

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:04 pm
@farmerman,
My laptop uses a synaptics pointing device, I just give the scroll line a flick and whalah, to top or bottom.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:10 pm
@hingehead,
Yea, I do that alot too; saves much time - for the moment.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:13 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Watching Da Broonz throw out ceremonial first pitches at Fenway Park.

Know what made me cry today? Watching Gallardo also throw ceremonial pitches at Fenway, instead of strikes.

The biggest compliment I can give the Sawx is that playing them is an opportunity for aspiring teams like the Brew Crew to measure how far they still have to go.
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:41 pm
@Gargamel,
i had the first concert ever with a band i joined few months ago. real live people in the audience! and noone died, in fact some may even have liked it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:41 pm
@patiodog,
Hey! It worked!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:51 pm
@roger,
Wonder what that is on a Mac..

I have had a long term grumble about other websites than a2k - we seem to be the only one with the wee green triangles. Would be nice to be able2 approximate that on other web pages.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:17 pm
photos from last night's show

http://www.alainsojourner.com/2011/06/2011-luminato-nada-el-masriya.html

http://www.alainsojourner.com/2011/06/2011-luminato-hakim.html

I'm still smiling.
littlek

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:40 pm
Every so often I return to an Audubon site called Drumlin Farm in MA. It's a working farm AND an animal rescue habitat. A few years ago, it was thought that they were going to be closing their doors due to lack of funds. But, they got an influx of $ and the place looks great! New buildings for outreach, eating areas, larger agricultural plots...... lovely. The red fox that was there for ages was either gone or hiding. But there was a stunning grey fox to observe. And the kids and lambs were old enough to be weaned from their moms, but still very silly. Lots of smiling going on there today.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:50 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
. . . Know what made me cry today? Watching Gallardo also throw ceremonial
pitches at Fenway, instead of strikes. . . .

What else made me smile? Gallardo is on my fantasy team. I had benched him.
Joeblow

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Those shots of Nada EL MASRIYA are just fantastic. LOVE 'em. Now there's a woman who's comfortable in her own skin. Infectious!