What made you smile today?

msolga

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 03:47 am
I have just received a gift of a beautiful crocheted bed rug, in various shades of purples & mauves, made especially for me by a very good friend.
Something really nice on this sad weekend.
Perfect for the cold months ahead.
dlowan

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 03:48 am
@msolga,
Good!
msolga

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 03:49 am
@dlowan,
Yes, it is.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 02:29 pm
@msolga,
This made me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaewfkIwISk
George

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:22 pm
Planting red, orange and yellow gerbera daisies in my front yard.
hingehead

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:53 pm
@Letty,
Wow - the Byron Bay Hinterlands.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 11:09 pm
@Letty,
That made me smile, too, Letty.
Nothing like the sight of wallabies to calm one's ruffled feathers right down!
Lovely.
Especially baby wallaby.
Though mum was pretty good, too! Smile
0 Replies

NettieK

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 07:17 am
@George,
I love Gerbera's, Had them in my wedding bouquet, such a lovely vivid natural flower. I have some in the front garden, might have to get some more.
George

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 09:58 am
@NettieK,
NettieK wrote:
. . . might have to get some more.

<keeping a watchful eye out front>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 10:13 am
@George,
Nice.

I just put in some more hostas around the base of one of the trees in the back yard. I have 5 hydrangeas and 1 lilac bush to put in yet.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:48 pm
@JPB,
I just put the last dried pineapple slice to soak in a small bowl. Took me a long time to use those pineapples. First time, I soaked one a bit and cut it up and put the bits in a fruit bread. I don't remember why, but I hated that. But I couldn't throw the packet away, figured I'd fine some other use. Time went by, they sat in a drawer. Just recently, I've been zeroing in on what's in my cupboards, and tried soaking one of the pineapples for not an hour but a couple of days, with changes of water (using the earlier now flavored water as "juice"). Turned out I liked the pineapple at the end of that. Tastier with better texture than the canned stuff and easier for me to find/use than a real pineapple.

So, I went to put the thick washed plastic bag into the reuse bag.. and looked at the date. Heh, June, 2006.
roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Dried pineapple, huh? I never tried that, but I just might.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:55 pm
@roger,
I've done it with dried plums too - but they don't take anywhere near as long. I went crazy and finally made some oatmeal pancakes recently, and put warm honey on them and then the refreshed dried plums on top of the honey. Very good. Re diabetes, I guess it would be smart to skip the honey or only use a dribble. And the (refreshed) dried plums would be enough anyway.

On the dried pineapple, the package says I got them at Sunflower market over by the Corrales Flying Star. If you can't find them in Farmington, we could go there, or else I'll pick up some myself one of these days and save a pack for you, cause I'm going to buy them again now that I know the trick.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 03:56 pm
Y'all know about the Anthony Weiner issue? The guy with the fortuitous last name had his Twitter account hacked (he says) and an undie-clad crotch-shot posted that may or may not actually be him (he won't say conclusively).

Today he was being interviewed by reporters, and after many double entendres, this exchange happened:

Quote:
The Congressman is doing interviews with CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News to discuss the matter.

"I'm doing them in order of....something," he told reporters.

"Size," Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) said, interrupting him from nearby.

"That's what I didn't need right now," Weiner replied.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/anthony-weiner-tells-reporters-hes-not-sure-if-lewd-photo-is-him.php
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 06:21 pm
I feel like such an idiot. My a/c stopped working on Friday night. The temps got into the 90's over the weekend. I suffered. I called the company that has been taking of my plumbing/heating/ac stuff for the past 30 years. The owner of the company came over and put his little gizmo on the unit. No power, he said, check your fuse box. Sure enough, the circuit breaker had gotten thrown. Probably due to a nearby lightning strike.
Why didn't I think of that.
msolga

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 07:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Why didn't I think of that.

Because you were too hot to think straight, RJB. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 07:26 pm
The other dancers in class tonight were told to look to me to get a sense of how hammy to get for our next performance.

Look at Beth, she's really got the ham right.

Very Happy

I was so flattered.
alex240101

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Canceling a dentist appointment.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:15 pm
A visitor to the pub who turned out to be the ex-stepson of one of my boozing mates. Actually I tittered a bit. Am I disqualified for tittering?
George

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 03:01 pm
Riding a tandem bicycle with my son Rhys.
0 Replies