What made you smile today?

roger

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:15 pm
@littlek,
That's me. I tend to under react for way too long. Sort of like trying to stuff a spring into a box.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
I just made new rules after weeks of goofy, wasteful classtime (one particular period). Happily, the other classes are under better control now. I guess I was just prioritizing....?

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:21 pm
Over the last two weeks, people all around my little town have been marking the coming of Valentine's day by decorating their windows with red, heart-shaped neon lights. For a little while I felt weird about this without knowing why. Then I had to smile, if somewhat stupidly: Back in Germany, these hearts are typically seen in business districts. They tell the, uh, visitors that there is a brothel behind the window they're hanging in.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:00 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Over the last two weeks, people all around my little town have been marking the coming of Valentine's day by decorating their windows with red, heart-shaped neon lights. For a little while I felt weird about this without knowing why. Then I had to smile, if somewhat stupidly: Back in Germany, these hearts are typically seen in business districts. They tell the, uh, visitors that there is a brothel behind the window they're hanging in.
Yeah, in America, thay used to be called "red lite districts"
Mr Nice

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 04:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Wife's smiles made me smile.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 04:33 pm
@Mr Nice,
shoes.

a close friends brother passed on recently and we are in process of going through the property and getting it ready for IRS seizure.

he insisted that we go through the closets and see if anything would fit me.
the clothes were way too big, but...

I now have a lifetime supply of footwear, and just in time. I been rotating my two pairs of sneakers to keep dry socks.

Who knew Harold was such a clothes horse. Never woulda spent for labels myself, but I got more vans now than mr van does.

and ostrich boots. ima hafta find a barndance...

I gotta narrow it down and take some to the shelter, else I won't feel right 'bout it.

(this also verifies that there is NO afterlife. If he knew his brother let me have some of his stuff, he'd damn sure find a way to spit at me...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:13 am
At 10:10 AM on 2/10/10, I reached 10,000 (exactly!) for the first time on Brickbreaker.
eoe

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 12:48 pm
Congratulations Soz!
An old client who I haven't heard from in almost a year called yesterday and asked me to bid on a project. I submitted my bid today and things look promising.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:19 pm
@sozobe,
I can beat that! I'm gonna be a grandma for the first time!
littlek

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:22 pm
@Swimpy,
Congrats to both of you!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:24 pm
@Swimpy,
Ah, congratulations, Swimpy "Oma" (if it's from the Austrian daughter-in law)!
Swimpy

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
It is. She's the only daughter in law I have.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:39 pm
@Swimpy,
I thought I replied to you, swimp. Don't get me started.
Anyway, good and wonderful.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 10:45 pm
@Swimpy,
I'm smiling because I didn't know that Swimpy was a gal.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 10:48 pm
@JLNobody,
Haha, that made me laugh out loud, JLNobody Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 10:50 pm
@JLNobody,
I'd say that swimp is a pearl, a pearl of a girl, except that that movie... I dunno. Have to watch it again.

Swimpy, on the other hand, is the best of us. And no slouch either.

sw9k-
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 11:44 pm
@JLNobody,
yougottabekiddin
ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 12:53 am
@roger,
No, he doesn't. JL doesn't post here that often and probably doesn't just memorize everyone.

I somewhat know both of them and figure they would like each other. They're friends of mine, whatever complicated differences.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 09:35 am
actually yesterday

There was a teacher I didn't know substituting at a kundalini class last night.
Usually there's a pretty good mix of men and women, but for some reason there were only women there last night, maybe a dozen of us.

This instructor was really great, really bringing out the best in me, and I'm sure, the others there.

At one point he had us doing a kriya that was really intense, lasting about 10 minutes.

He knew that we were using our mental strength to the utmost to maintain the physical, and said "You're all perfect yoginis!"

At that moment, I thought that was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me in my life.

I'm a perfect yogini Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 09:39 am
@Swimpy,
Oh that's wonderful! Congrats, Swimpy!!
0 Replies