Didja go to Isle of Capri?

I had such a good time there.

Smiles.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 06:38 pm
sozobe wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Meeting Roberta in real life for the first time made me smile today.

Wow!!!

I can totally see what you describe, too -- reminds me of my dad's side of the family. (Roberta has reminded me of that part of my family before...)

Oh my! He's met Roberta!!!

Swoooon!!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:20 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
I got my first social security retirement check.

Ah no, see, this is where I'd seen it!

I knew I hadnt been in no economy thread.... :wink:

Jes closed the other thread, so I had to dig this post up to continue our conversation...

realjohnboy wrote:
nimh wrote:
How you doing, realjohnboy? I saw you writing somewhere that you received your first Social Security check... hey, well-deserved. *smiles* Does that mean you're no longer working though, how does that work?

You read that on the "How is the economy doing" thread. Amusingly, that thread got locked down for a day or two because the few of us geeks there, with our green eyeshades and pen protectors in our shirt pockets, got a little too aggressive in discussing economic policy. Go figure.

Ha! Yeah, life aint simple. If only life was just trolls and good guys, rather than us all having more or less troll in ourselves...

The economy threads are too complicated for me... make my head explode.

I was asking cause you always come to the WMYST thread with such wonderful stories about your work and your employees... hard to imagine you just sitting at the beach! Razz
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:13 pm
sozobe wrote:
I can totally see what you describe, too -- reminds me of my dad's side of the family. (Roberta has reminded me of that part of my family before...)

Does your father's side include the famous Jewish grandmother? If so, Roberta is probably your father's separated-at-birth twin sister, and she took a lot after her mother.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:23 pm
ehBeth wrote:
ok - now take Roberta - turn her from a NooYawk goil to a boy - and you've pretty much got Set (weird, but true - ask brendlee and The Empress)

I see -- now I understand why you're together with him.

Since you're bringing up the "NooYawk goil" -- Roberta's accent is actually a lot more discrete than you would think based on her postings. But sometimes her NooYawkishness does break through, and I loved it everytime. For example, when I called her to say I would be late and she confirmed the new time: "Okay, a quowata rafter". Music to my ears!

ossobucco wrote:
Didja go to Isle of Capri?

We didn't quite have time for a plane trip to Naples. Maybe the next time.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:00 pm
Not meaning to step on Thomas' story.
Nimh. I did have to craft a bit of a story about how I was really retiring from the job that I had. And it was a good story and it was true. I am backing off of the retail business after 33 years or so. I have outsourced payroll, bookkeeping, taxes and I have a very competent guy who does the buying of stuff. There are a couple of key sales people whom I never second-guess for decisions they make.
And, no, nimh, I ain't going to no bench. I am busier now in a whole different direction.
(By the way, on the "Where is the Economy Headed" thread is my 1st installment of "The Retailer's Tale." You might find that amusing).
Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:03 pm
What made me smile today? Meeting Thomas for dinner. Such a nice young boychik.

Charming. Interesting. Smart. Gracious. And brave--the fact that he even mentioned the "sweet" remark is an indication of the courage. I'm impressed.

I had a lovely time--and I needed one.

We went to a little Italian jernt in my neighborhood. I could actually walk there (hobble).

The Isle of Capri is too expensive, osso, and was a disappointment the last time I went there.

Still smiling.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm
Just had my last smile for the day.

Hugs, Boita, and give em hell...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:08 pm
Thomas wrote:
to time: "Okay, a quowata rafter". Music to my ears!

I did not say a quowata rafter. I said a quowta afta. Furriners! Tsk.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:25 pm
reading this makes me smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:43 pm
Roberta wrote:
Thomas wrote:
to time: "Okay, a quowata rafter". Music to my ears!

I did not say a quowata rafter. I said a quowta afta. Furriners! Tsk.

Ha - love it - smiling big again Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:10 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:01 pm
Thomas, the mozzarella, was it fresh? did it squeak?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:04 pm
The mozzarella was fresh -- don't remember if it squeaked. (There are some more details in Roberta's thread.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:34 pm
I didn't hear any squeaking cheese. What kind of a question is that? Probably a food maven question. Cheese squeaks? What will they think of next?
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 04:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:
...ok - now take Roberta - turn her from a NooYawk goil to a boy - and you've pretty much got Set...

My brain just exploded.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:42 pm
I always laugh heartily but not the artficial friendly smile.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:42 pm
Roberta wrote:
I didn't hear any squeaking cheese. What kind of a question is that? Probably a food maven question. Cheese squeaks? What will they think of next?

If the cheese squeaks - it's easier for the mouse to find it?? Yes Question
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:52 am
My puppy chasing her own tail
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 02:17 pm
This thread. =]
0 Replies