Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:37 pm
You deserve it.

Good strawberry story, nimh.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:17 pm
nimh wrote:
"jo etvagyat, a fuszeres testverem!".

Fűszeres, fűveres, something like that - the meaning was clear anyway (fű = weed)

-------------------

This afternoon, walking down Arany Janos street. Homeless guy lives there, in an alcove kind of thing in a building. He's been there every morning, every afternoon when I passed for the last two years. Beard, worn-looking, rough - but always a nod or a gruff smile to the passers by, many of whom know him and greet him.

Walked passed today, and he was talking to some guy. Except he wasnt right now, cause he couldnt think of a word - what was it, you saw him gesturing, what was it again. Right when I passed he remembered. "Giuliani, thats his name - Giuliani!"

Dont even think we're not paying attention... Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:18 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
uhhh. i do tend to get excited abut my Komarno monuments.

Hey, you know I'm interested in that stuff.

Went to this crazy place tonight with Cs. - will describe it still later, also fits in this thread Smile But now to bed.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:32 pm
At our get-together this evening, Beth said I reminded her of Sozobe--could be her aunt! That made me smile BIG TIME!
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 04:13 am
What made me smile today?

Let's see ...

My gorgeous man called me this morning Very Happy

I can finally fit into size 12 (australian size) jeans!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

My gorgeous man called me this afternoon Very Happy

Life is beautiful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 05:28 am
Good for you, Dag! But you were missed here in Boston when Walter breezed in for just one day. People were making bets on whether or not you'd have an opportunity to meet up with nimh or not. Glad you did. <smile>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 07:09 am
Roberta wrote:
At our get-together this evening, Beth said I reminded her of Sozobe--could be her aunt! That made me smile BIG TIME!

Oh cool, that makes me smile too!

Especially 'cause Roberta always HAS reminded me of family members, the way she tawks.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:22 am
I just went into my back yard and there is a racoon with 5 babies. They are so cute and small. I watched as
the mother talked to them and she apparently was trying to teach them how to climb down from the fence Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:50 pm
meeting Roberta

twice

~~~~

watching my friend Brenda become speechless on meeting JoeNation - nothing stops her - nothing. Apparently JoeNation's TOO handsome.

~~~~

Roaring Twenties party on Governor's Island.

~~~~

The double trip to Staten Island on Friday morning with Noddy and the canajuns

~~~~

Being in New York.

~~~~

Knowing I'm going home to my puppies. I miss those hounds so much. Even if they shed all over the place.

~~~~

Central Park and Little Italy adventures with Walter, mac11 and the canajuns. Will Walter ever recover from Tony's interest in his camera? Walter's a bit mmmmm protective of his camera. Tony made the ladies very giggly and happy. He didn't have the same effect on Walter Very Happy
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 04:04 pm
Finding this site again having ignored it for a year or two made me smile.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:52 pm
A colleague passed this on and it made me grin ear to ear.

My colleague teaches American History to a class consisting almost entirely of minority youth. A question on a quiz which he gave today asked the students to name the two ethnic groups which were responsible for laying the rails of the trans-continental railroad in the USA in the 1860s. One answer he got was "The Chinese and Irish and white people."

SmileSmileSmile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:09 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
One answer he got was "The Chinese and Irish and white people."

SmileSmileSmile

I would, I think, give the kid an A+ for that answer.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:28 pm
So one of my employees, let's call him "S" for short, left for a month today. A month off. He and two sons, "D" and "J" we'll call them, are off for a month of traveling the U.S. In a Toyota.
"S" has worked for me for two years or so. The best person I have ever had doing the job that he has. But we have gotten into a few screaming matches, which is rare for me. I am normally pretty calm.
But we have learned to disagree at times without getting angry.

"S" has had three failed marriages. His latest was to "K" who is now, I guess, ending her second marriage. Together they have enough kids to fill the line-up of a baseball team.

So today they took off on this bonding adventure out of adolescence for "D" and "J."
"D" is very outgoing. He plays sports. He plays in the orchestra. He plays a mean guitar in a garage band. He is good looking, glib, and popular at the age of 15.
"J" is, for now, kind of short, very quiet, very smart in math and science, but inclined, I hear, to disappear into his room when he gets home. He is 14.

So off they are going today, the three of them. In that small Toyota. For a month on the road without any real itinerary. Just going.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:32 pm
realjohnboy's last post makes me smile.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:38 pm
Smiling or cringing, but hopeful...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 01:31 pm
I bought some things at a yard sale today. The seller pulled a bag from a stack he was trying to sell to put my things in. It was a decorated easter bag. He said it was ok to use it because Easter was to be canceled next year. "Oh yeah?" I asked. He nodded and said, "They found the body?"

It took a while to get it. Probably an old joke. Would make more sense if I knew my religious stories a little bit better.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 08:25 pm
neighbours come over this afternoon and we sat in the shaded backyard that is surrounded by large weigelia bushes on two sides .
while we were enjoying a cup of tea and some cake MASTER "JUNIOR" RABBIT showed up - wasn't shy at all - inspected us all - nibbled some juicy grass and finally made its way back to the family that lives under one of out spruce trees .
hbg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2593/may30murray027rabbitcr6.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 04:18 am
Ahh, hbg, that picture made me smile, too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 07:51 am
littlek wrote:
I bought some things at a yard sale today. The seller pulled a bag from a stack he was trying to sell to put my things in. It was a decorated easter bag. He said it was ok to use it because Easter was to be canceled next year. "Oh yeah?" I asked. He nodded and said, "They found the body?"

Laughing
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 08:27 am
LMBO at little k's story.
0 Replies