What made you smile today?

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 06:56 pm
nimh wrote:
I thought, if I can go to A2K without trousers on, ..

you just made my night Cool
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 03:41 pm
I may have a dodged a bullet today.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 04:48 pm
Thought of nimh with this article on the kerts of Budapest -
http://travel.latimes.com/articles/la-trw-kert6may06
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 04:52 pm
Hoping you did dodge the bullet, RJB..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:08 pm
You OK, rjb - any trouble?

(Just let us know at A2K, we go beat him up..)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:12 pm
Cycling home, heard music - by the Liszt Music Academy, block away from my home. Crossed the road to see - group of students on the square, between the Academy and the church, two of them playing the violin and guitar. Excellent, excited trad folk music. For nobody, there wasnt a circle of passers by, noone to drop a quarter in a hat, just playing to their friends, the seven or eight of 'em standing or sitting round the bench or two.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 07:06 pm
Hey, rjb. Don't leave us hangin' like that. What happened?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 07:45 pm
I wanna know what happened, too, rjb!

I worked in the learning center today. It is a room where kids with special needs get grounded and get support for their learning. These kids are kindergarten level. They are funny. I am finding that I really enjoy some of the kids with special needs. For some reason, I am enamored with two non-verbal kids. They are both always happy and quite smart. One especially is sharp - he can read and match words with pictures. Can't speak or write to save his life and can barely walk - usually can't without help. always happy and excited though. LOVES books. That kid and some of the others make me smile every day.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:02 pm
i had to smile today when i saw the neighbours big dog after her spring haircut !
the old lady - 9 years, i believe - was as frisky as puppy , rolling in the grass and being altogether very happy - of course she knew that i would be bringing "the cookie box" out and reward her !
one smart dog Very Happy
hbg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 07:41 am
I just saw my first hummingbird of the year, sipping nectar from the feeder.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 07:44 am
littlek wrote:

I worked in the learning center today. It is a room where kids with special needs get grounded and get support for their learning. These kids are kindergarten level. They are funny. I am finding that I really enjoy some of the kids with special needs. For some reason, I am enamored with two non-verbal kids. They are both always happy and quite smart. One especially is sharp - he can read and match words with pictures. Can't speak or write to save his life and can barely walk - usually can't without help. always happy and excited though. LOVES books. That kid and some of the others make me smile every day.

Great stuff, 'k!
When my son Clive was little, he got a ton of help from good folks like
you. It made an immense difference in his life.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 03:25 pm
Went up to Florian ter to meet my landlady, pay my rent on the windswept monster of a square, with its near-full circle of uniform concrete towerblocks around. Sat down under a tree, exchanged the money as well as stories about past misdemeanours. Cycling back home, back downtown, I passed a flower stall and remembered that the other night, Id seen a lovely little bunch of flowers in one of the flower stalls thats open in the evening, but hadnt had any money in pocket. So I stopped this time instead.

Found a lovely bunch of small blue and purple flowers, almost more like blossom, tiny delicate and cheerful petals. For just two-three bucks. The young guy working there picked up on my awkward mishandling of the Hungarian sentence or two I tried to say, asked "where you from? Ah Holland, then you know all about flowers" - and we joked and chatted a little.

He was so cheerful, and he and the woman couldnt get over how I was Dutch too, just like their regular customer Martin, who also always came by bike, and was dressed in black. Flowers - bicycle - dressed in black! You sure you dont know each other? When I left with friendly words, the guy said, wait, and pulled out one of their long roses, "mint ajandek" - as a present.

At the pub, "Susannah" was working. She liked the small bunch of flowers so much -- but didnt want to accept them, because I'd bought them for myself - so I unwrapped the bunch on a barstool and divided it into two small bunches. She was very happy with it Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 04:02 pm
nimh wrote:
The other day I went to stock up on soaps etc at Lush - come there every two months or so. I was going around the shop getting my stuff, and one of the girls who worked there walked up to me quietly and said, I'm sorry - excuse me - I finally understand she's talking to me - and she says, "sorry, but - I really liked the blue trousers you were wearing - the last time you were here..".

OMG! She was trying to get into your pants man !!!!! Did you bite?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 06:50 pm
George wrote:
littlek wrote:

Great stuff, 'k!
When my son Clive was little, he got a ton of help from good folks like
you. It made an immense difference in his life.

That's why I'm becoming a teacher - to make a difference here and there.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 08:08 pm
Okay, now THAT made me smile! Cool

Good for you, lil'k!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 09:04 pm
<grinning>

I also smiled because I painted my toenails pink. Seems this school allows flip-flops, but most women there where polish with their flippies.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:36 am
what made me smile today? filipina's, in general Smile

god they r so beautiful!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:04 am
nimh wrote:
I really liked the blue trousers you were wearing - the last time you were here..".

based on this ^^^

a trip may be re-vamped ...

Cool
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:38 pm
I am going to try to stay awake until 11 pm tonight. 4 and a half more hours.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 03:16 pm
Sweet! We are going before the Board of Architecure Review tonight with our Under The Roof project. And it is on public tv so I don't have to go. My architect will present for us.
His design is, at the same time, a bit rad and retro. It will be amusing to see how if flys.
0 Replies