Bush Foresaw 0 war casualties

JustWonders

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:38 pm
ArmyVet...don't you think he'd be a little nuts to have done all that "saluting" and "reporting for duty" stuff, knowing he had something detrimental lurking in military records?

I'm wondering if it's not something that is perhaps just "embarrassing" or just his plain stubborness. Also, if it's something big that people are curious about, wouldn't that have been leaked by now?

From what I can tell, not even all those that actually served with him are supporting him and surely they'd be screaming for the release if they thought it was major. I admit I'm mystified.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:10 pm
mesquite wrote:
Armyvet35 wrote:
CYC will his 201 file discredit him?

What is with this obsession for his 201 file?

the pentagon vetted kerry's citations. but, the bush supporters appear to only believe the pentagon when it suits them.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:31 pm
Don't - Medals don't make the man. Morals do.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:35 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
In the first place, Finn, people of your ilk always accuse me of saying war is never justified, although there is no post of mine on the whole of a2k stating this. Then you bring up Hitler like a grown up threatening a small child with the boogeyman. Next you link bin Laden with crushing Hussein as if the Hitler thing still carries. Finally, you make the mistake of thinking we can't contain this tiny nation after we spent so many years succesfully containing the USSR, as if it has more power than they had. All self justifying scare tactics.

So when do you think war is justified?

I don't know why you feel threatened by the mention of Hitler. If you feel that the war against Hitler was justified, why not simply state as much? To the degree that I've been trying to somehow corner you with the use of Hitler (which I've not been) such a statement would shut me down.

It would also help me understand when you think war is actually justified.

People of my ilk probably tend to assume you are against all war because you make so many sanctimonious comments about innocents lives being lost. Since innocent lives are lost in all wars, it's a fair assumption that you are against all loss of innocent lives and therefore against all wars.

Since I don't know what the "Hitler thing" is, I really have no idea of what you mean by:

"Next you link bin Laden with crushing Hussein as if the Hitler thing still carries."

Comparing containment of the USSR with containment of Iraq is comparing apples and oranges.

First of all, we contained the USSR only in the sense that we kept them from invading our allies and our own nation. We hardly contained them from developing satellite states like Vietnam, and we certainly didn't contain them from invading non-allies like Afghanistan.

Secondly, we were dealing with a tyrannical bureaucracy with the USSR, not a tyrant. Once Stalin died, the USSR was no longer led by a megalomanic
dictator. The USSR continued to be ruled by tyrants but not insane ones. Their actions were predictable, they responded rationally to external stimuli.
With Saddam there was no such reliability. This is a man who invited invasion because he refused to admit that he had disarmed as the world had demanded. If this wasn't a sign of insanity, I don't know what is. Why did he disarm if not to fend off invasion? Having disarmed to fend off invasion, why didn't he admit to it to serve its purpose? The answer is that even at the end, when it meant his destruction, he was compelled to try and demonstrate his power; even a power he didn't actually possess. People like this cannot be contained.

Finally, the Cold War is long over. There is no longer a clash of empires. Even if Saddam remained sane enough not to once again attack one of neighbors there is absolutely no reason to believe that he would not try and strike at the US through a surrogate: terrorists. The argument that he would never do so for fear of having it traced back to him just doesn't hold water. This is not a man who acknowledged he could be wrong or beaten.

Saddam could never be contained, only beaten. That was the way he thought and lived. Liberal policy wonks in DC would never have changed that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:40 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
and when the president of faith is contradicted by a preacher? well, then i guess the preacher man, he mus' be a liar.

not that i hold robertson or his "theocratic america" brigades in much esteem.

i wonder what that's going to do to the blind support of bush by the hyper-evangelicals?

Why do Liberals who worship "grey" over "black and white," describe everything in such absolute terms as "truth" and "lying?"

Isn't it possible that Robertson was simply mistaken? This has been known to happen you know.

If Bush loses the support of a handful of Christian extremists who hold Robertson as the fount of truth, no great loss.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:43 pm
au1929 wrote:
Our present administration only has a passing aquaintance with the truth. And does not have much use for it.

So au1929, now we know Kerry LIED about speaking with all 15 members of the UN Security Counsel before he voted on the Iraq resolution. Your take on this?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 07:56 pm
Finn
I don't feel threatened by the mention of Hitler, just don't understand why Republicans have to try to browbeat people by conjuring his image in virtually every such discussion. It doesn't make your arguments pursuasive. If anything it makes them subject to ridicule.
We had Iraq whipped already. Our planes enjoyed total air superiority and flew anywhere they wanted to. If there had been anything going on we could have selectively blasted it to smithereens without launching an invasion. Hussein was just a man. You people want to make out he was supernaturally powerful, like an action movie figure.
I have said on here more than once that I supported Bush in the initial war in Afghanistan, although I don't think a lot of his decisions how to conduct it.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:07 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:
Mesquite... Other people were involved getting the petions signed and yes it is important to me and alot of ther vets for the simple fact that we care...

It may not matter to alot of people about john kerrys record, but there are quite a few people it does matter to...

OK Armyvet35. It was the "I alone got over 10,000 signatures here at Fort campbell for the petition." phrasing that led me astray.

So you are very concerned about some unknown something in John Kerry's record, but are not interested at all as to why GW refused a flight physical shortly after drug testing was instituted.

I am also a vet and retired with 20 in ' 79 so I am familiar with the times and the controversies.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 03:02 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Why do Liberals who worship "grey" over "black and white," describe everything in such absolute terms as "truth" and "lying?"

Isn't it possible that Robertson was simply mistaken? This has been known to happen you know.

i guess that would depend on what your definition of what "was" was, finn.
Laughing

how are ya, btw?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 03:26 am
JustWonders wrote:
Don't - Medals don't make the man. Morals do.

probably right.

problem for me is; i don't find that george w. bush has either.

look... i know that the easy way to bash me around is to say something along the line of; "DTOM doesn't like dubya!!! he must hate america!" "he blames her first and prays to satan daily for the reinstallmant of saddam hussein, the rightful divine emperor of iraq and patron of al kayduh!!!!"

it is just so unbelievably bizarre to me that someone would hang out on the rooftops shouting, "we must be safe! we must have strong and steady leadership! we must spread democracy!" we need a war president. a commander in chief!!!

and then vote for the guy that dodged the draft.

to then, politically mutilate the opposing candidate; the one; of the two, that volunteered for combat duty, and question his commitment to america...

that's not patriotic, that's partisan.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:44 am
DTOM: Hee-hee. Welcome to Election 2004, where Up is Down, Good is Bad and War is Peace.

Where the guy who let Osama get away, invaded the wrong country based either on lies or miscalculations so blatant as to constitute the same, failed to plan for winning the peace in said country, allowed small scale banditry to turn into a large scale insurgency, and now has "lost" 380 TONS of high explosives is portrayed as an effective, efficient "War" President. And the guy who served his country honorably and was decorated for bravery under fire is denigrated not for his policies but for his personality and unnamed purported character flaws.

Did I say 2004? I meant 1984, in all it's Orwellian permutations!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:59 am
blacksmithin da man. You heard him. Another voice of reason against this bunch of brains in neutral.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:25 am
Quote:
Quote:
au1929 wrote:
Our present administration only has a passing acquaintance with the truth. And does not have much use for it.

Finn Wrote
So au1929, now we know Kerry LIED about speaking with all 15 members of the UN Security Counsel before he voted on the Iraq resolution. Your take on this?

And this, whether he did or not, in your mind negates or excuses all the lies that come out of this administration. Let me remind you that there have been well over a thousand US service people killed, 27000 grievously wounded, Untold number of Iraqi's killed and wounded in the Bush caused Iraqi quagmire. All based on the lies and incompetence of the Bush administration. And all you can come up with is Kerry lied about speaking to all 15 members of the UN. Sorry your scale is out of balance it is in dire need of adjustment.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 07:05 am
Actually, they are dead and wounded due to the competence of those that oppose a free and independent Iraq, not the incompetence of the administration.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:12 am
I see a big difference in the veracity of one who makes what he thinks is an accurate statement based upon the best intelligence known at the time, and one who makes a statement fully knowing at the time he utters the words that it is a complete and utter falsehood.

One man is credible, the other is not.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:13 am
Incompetence is Competence... War is Peace...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:14 am
In your relative world perhaps.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:34 am
So you are very concerned about some unknown something in John Kerry's record, but are not interested at all as to why GW refused a flight physical shortly after drug testing was instituted.

Yes like I said I dont care if any president serves and since you were in the military for 20 like you said you know what is in a 201 file.. Something embarrasing in his 201 file? oh im surte there is, but thats not what I am worried about, it has all to do with telling the truth about something you are trying to use as an edge to your campaign.

If he is this proud here with combat experiance then why not release a 201 file that will have it documented? Im not the only one concerned there are alot of vets and people on active duty that are.
And you Mesquite know better than anyone what happens to people that lie about awards, decorations and most things that deal with your military records... you get caught you are in some trouble...

As for bush not showing up? For a physical... I am trying to decide which is worse... Not showing up for a physical, Or coming back from nam and telling the world the US military are a bunch of immoral baby killers... Oh wait ... The physical effected one person... Bush.... Kerrys comments hurt thousands...
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:54 am
And this, whether he did or not, in your mind negates or excuses all the lies that come out of this administration. Let me remind you that there have been well over a thousand US service people killed, 27000 grievously wounded, Untold number of Iraqi's killed and wounded in the Bush caused Iraqi quagmire. All based on the lies and incompetence of the Bush administration. And all you can come up with is Kerry lied about speaking to all 15 members of the UN. Sorry your scale is out of balance it is in dire need of adjustment.

789 combat deaths and 357 non combat related deaths(how can someone be blamed for having a heart attck or suicide, or training accident, or maybe even a tire falling on them? which happened to 4 people changing tires on their trucks)

As for wounded soldiers?

8,016 Total wounded

Break down of that?
4,490 NON COMBAT
7,726 Ilness and medical conditions (pregnancy, heart problems, disease)
1639 COMBAT

Those figures are from DoD casualty report as of 30 SEPT 2004

27,000 figure of those wounded are over inflated by a good 18,000.

Republicans and demopcrats voted for use of force looking at the same intel reports. Dems supported this years prior to doing it and COngress voted AYE, including John Kerry.

So tell me again how you are blaming the Bush Admin when there were alot more people involved, namely our congress?

And why pump up us casualty reports and the wounded? Why not fact base that as well....

Then try to come back and say all these highly educated seasoned congressmen and women were duped... had the war been cut and dry and over quick you all would let those same people bashing it take credit for it Smile Go figure... you may accept the democratic party ytrying to wash their equally bloodstained hands of this war... I dont... I hold them equally responsible...
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:57 am
and then vote for the guy that dodged the draft.

People voted for clinton based on that info as well...
0 Replies