full story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,382 • Replies: 189
No top replies

angie

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:33 pm
How could he understand the concept of war casualties? He didn't get to see any on his tour of duty in Alabama.

Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how restricted and limited his thinking is. Unlike some, I find no humor in his limitations. He is, at the very least, extraordinarily dangerous.

Pat Robertson has been against this war from day one. He simply never believed in the alleged alQuaeda-911 connection, and unlike blind Bush partisans, this conservative has consistently had the courage and integrity to speak in opposition to the Shrub's unjustified, pre-emptive invasion.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:40 pm
The horror behind the Bush stupidity is the men who do his thinking for him. They are extremely dangerous.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 09:40 pm
What I find hilarious is the credence the Left now invests in the words of Pat Robinson.

On any other issue he is a deluded fanatic, but if he says something that might possibly shine a poor light on Bush...A man of courage and integrity!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:06 pm
What I find hilarious is how the right finds anything the left takes serious as hilarious.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:28 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
What I find hilarious is how the right finds anything the left takes serious as hilarious.

So now you are taking Pat Robinson seriously?

No intellectual dishonesty there edgar.

Actually, most of what the Left takes as serious is hilarious, and if you find that to be amusing that we have nicely entertained one another.

Who says we all can't get along? Cool
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:07 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Actually, most of what the Left takes as serious is hilarious, and if you find that to be amusing that we have nicely entertained one another.

Wonderful baiting technique..lol Laughing Shocked but it proves the dope in the whitehouse can dupe just about anyone. :wink:
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:29 pm
willow_tl wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Wonderful baiting technique..lol Laughing Shocked but it proves the dope in the whitehouse can dupe just about anyone. :wink:
Just as Kerry does eh? Pat Robinson... a criminal at best Twisted Evil
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:37 pm
Quote:
Just as Kerry does eh?

I learned a long time ago, that politics is a whole different ball of wax than what i encounter in the real world...but like my opposites in this election, i choose the person who best fits my ideals...so, i am learning that baiting each other is just an outlet of frustration..neither side sees the others point of view so we result to baiting techniques ...see who is more subtle at the "put downs" which has nothing to do with what is happening...true debate and discussion is a lost art...some here are very good at it...but most of us get mired in the muck...myself included...so i wish you a good evening Armyvet35... Very Happy
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:44 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:
willow_tl wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Just as Kerry does eh? Pat Robinson... a criminal at best Twisted Evil

Who the heck is Pat Robinson? Don't you folks know the person quoted in the OP is Pat Robertson? WHat is significant about this story is that as an esteemed christian evangelist, you would imagine Dubya would give credence to his opinions, but nooooo, not even Pat Robertson is recognised as potentially hearing God better than Dubya does... And when asked during the 2nd debate to come up with one time he made a mistake, couldn't recall this one time (or any others, for that matter...) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:52 pm
Thank you wil Smile

Purple I dont find people like Pat to be held in high esteem. I dont find people like him, Jimmy baker and Benny hin to be upstanding people in the world... call me cynical or trace it back to my agnostic beliefs.

On good Note ... we all can get along... I am an agnostic married to a christian... we can debate till the cows come home and still share a great life together Smile
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:12 am
Armyvet35 wrote:
Thank you wil Smile

Purple I dont find people like Pat to be held in high esteem. I dont find people like him, Jimmy baker and Benny hin to be upstanding people in the world... call me cynical or trace it back to my agnostic beliefs.

On good Note ... we all can get along... I am an agnostic married to a christian... we can debate till the cows come home and still share a great life together Smile

Army, my name's "Pupule" not "purple." And I don't give a fig who you hold in esteem, or don't. My point was that Dubya alleges to hold evangelists in esteem, but didn't believe one when his view was challenged, and didn't note that the evangelist was right while he was wrong. That is foolish at best, blasphemy at worst.

Princess P :wink:
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:30 am
But.. But Ms Princess.... just because he is PAT the evangelist... does that mean he is right? Or should Bush just say he is right because Pat is a man of god? Is it possible Mr pat wanted a little more Media Glamor and misquoted Mr Bush?

I remember Bush saying there would be many losses of Soldiers lives in Iraq, on many occasions, not only on TV but here at Fort Campbell as well.....

I hold my husband in the highest Esteem.....but dont agree with him on issues and will not compromise my views to appease him.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:45 am
People have a knack for picking a name and villifying it's every pronouncement without regard for any facts. I could well hate Robertson's guts, and I certainly disagree with much that he does, but when he reports what he saw and it jives with my political goals I will certainly report it, as would turkeys swooping in from the right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:09 am
Well, let's recall that Paul O'Neil, a conservative who actually worked within this administration, has described it's central members as follows, "as nasty as they come."

Let's also recall that John DiIulio, a religious conservative who also worked within this adminstration, described its functioning as follows,
Quote:
"there is no precedent in any modern White House for what is going on in this one: complete lack of a policy apparatus. Besides the tax cut, which was cut and dried during the campaign, and the education bill, which was really a Ted Kennedy bill, the administration has not done much, either in absolute terms or in comparison to previous administrations at this stage, on domestic policy. What you've got is everything, and I mean everything, being run by the political arm. It's the reign of the Mayberry Machiavellis. [They] consistently talked and acted as if the height of political sophistication consisted in reducing every issue to its simplest black-and-white terms for public consumption, then steering legislative initiatives or policy proposals as far right as possible."

So, maybe Pat remembers correctly and maybe he doesn't. Perhaps Bush is such a flake that those words might have exited his mouth, but perhaps not. In either case, any rational community would have either man taken out back, put in stocks, and as the network cameras roll, have their white and wrinkly bums spanked.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:15 am
Blatham, so happy to see you are around. We don't get much of you, Setanta, Craven and certain other great minds lately.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:16 am
Blatham said
Quote:
In either case, any rational community would have either man taken out back, put in stocks, and as the network cameras roll, have their white and wrinkly bums spanked.

My heart couldn't stand the excitement Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:28 am
willow_tl wrote:
Blatham said
Quote:
In either case, any rational community would have either man taken out back, put in stocks, and as the network cameras roll, have their white and wrinkly bums spanked.

My heart couldn't stand the excitement Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Darn I was just sitting down to eat a nice plate of hotcakes and sausage... white wrinkled bums... jus ruined my appetite ... the mental picture of it... Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:33 am
Then for goodness sakes, do NOT imagine John Ashcroft's bum.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:43 am
That is a pretty scary comment of Bush's - if it is true.
0 Replies