He maust have been assuing then... :wink:

lol Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
How does this

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
if we do not approve of bush and his big iraq adventure then we've forgotten 9/11, don't appreciate our military, don't care about terrorism and love the french....could you post more of an ignant, partisan cliche?

rationally follow this?

Xena wrote:
We must never forget...It seems many of us have. This is a reminder for all of us.

xena has made it obvious through its comments that the main thrust of this thread is a bush commercial.......that's how.....this is partisan period...you claim to be bright....I know you're bright enough to see that....if the post was truly just to honor the dead...the headline wouldn't have added "Some need a powerful reminder...which translates to those who don't support bush and his actions........ Stevie Wonder could see that....
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 04:59 pm
willow_tl wrote:
Xena wrote:
panzade wrote:
The families of the survivors and the victims have begged the candidates not to use images of 9/11 to further their agendas.
A trip to the hearing center for you Xena.

When you refer the the "9-11" families, you don't know what your talking about. Just because a few "NJ girls" and some others are offened, doesn't mean they speak for all the families. Just get that straight..

http://911familiesforamerica.org/

After the attack, President Bush articulated the primary lesson of September 11, that simply reacting to danger after lives are lost is a weak and unacceptable national defense. He believes that taking the fight to the enemy is the best way to ensure that the enemy will not bring death to our doorstep here at home.

We agree.

in the war on terror and through the heroic efforts of our military forces, we are a safer country today. Two-thirds of al Qaeda leadership is dead, incarcerated, or on the run, its financing disrupted. The Taliban has been removed from power and training camps in Afghanistan and Iraq have been eliminated. On the domestic front, our dedicated law enforcement agencies are finally able to fight terror the same way they go after drug cartels; terrorists and terrorist cells have been thwarted in upstate New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Illinois and Florida.

Through the prism of 9/11 and presaging the Commission's conclusion, President Bush looked at Iraq and Saddam Hussein's history, his willingness to use chemical weapons in the mass murder of his own citizens, his notorious attempts to acquire nuclear weapons, his record of giving financial aid and sanctuary to global terrorists--including members of al Qaeda--and his repeated refusal to cooperate with U.N. inspectors. He determined that this repressive regime was an intolerable danger to our country. Rather than waiting until it was too late to prevent a fully materialized threat, the President acted. We believe history will support the President's decision.

Guided by core principles, President Bush has steadfastly told us who he is, what he believes and what he will fight for. He is a caring and decisive leader who is not afraid to make hard choices to keep this nation safe, by keeping it strong. He has sent a clear message to America's friends and foes that he will not waver in his resolve as the winds of political fortune change. He will not revert to the failed policies of the past which only served to whet the appetite of those who would destroy us. He will stand firm against our adversaries.
As Americans who have keenly felt the scourge of terrorism, we are inspired and energized to follow the President's lead, to rise to the occasion and get the job done. We are deeply grateful to President Bush, who rallied this nation on that dark September day, who has earned our respect and confidence, and whose leadership we trust to steer this country on the right path.

Three years ago, George W. Bush stood with us and vowed that he would "Never forget."
We stand with him now.
don't know OCCB..but seems pretty clear to me that there is a political slant here...

The politics came after the video. I posted the site for 9-11 families in response to the post included in the "quotes". Supporting our troops whether in Iraq or anywhere in the world is the point. Whether or not you understand that Iraq was a part of worldwide terrorism, it is still a result of 9-11 and supporting the troops shouldn't have such a political spin to it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:01 pm
sorry, don't buy it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:08 pm
Lusatian wrote:
Xena, I'm not sure I agree with all of your politics or positions, but the clip is a important lesson. Many have forgotten as can easily be seen in the attitudes of many here. Of course they are safe in their homes with their greatest concern being the price of gasoline or the conectivity of their internet connections. They would never remember, because to them it was a shock, that wore off after a month or two, turned to sneering at the American response, outright protests a couple of months later, and complete hostility now.

They haven't forgotten, they never learned.

Learned what? If you're going to make a blanket statement against everyone who disagrees with you, at least have it make some kind of sense.
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:13 pm
Lusatian wrote:
Xena, I'm not sure I agree with all of your politics or positions, but the clip is a important lesson. Many have forgotten as can easily be seen in the attitudes of many here. Of course they are safe in their homes with their greatest concern being the price of gasoline or the conectivity of their internet connections. They would never remember, because to them it was a shock, that wore off after a month or two, turned to sneering at the American response, outright protests a couple of months later, and complete hostility now.

They haven't forgotten, they never learned.

Thank you for that. Your right about your last line. I helped in the evacuation of the WTC in the 93 attack. We all forgot about it and went on with our lives thinking our govt was doing all it could to protect us. I lost friends and co-workers on 9-11. I voted for Clinton and then Gore, after 9-11 I realized being on the defense would never keep us safe. Yes, I am a Bush supporter. Not that I agree with all his policies, but the one most important one "national security" I do.

I think it is the height of hypocracy how the Dems turned the war against the terrorists into a political agenda for themselves. They all said Saddam was a threat and even passed the Iraq Liberation Act in 1998 calling for "regime change". So, now that Bush actually did it, they call him a liar and say he mislead the country. Hypocrites! They could have run on their issues or on how the war was being prosecuted, but no, they had to turn half the country against the President somehow and made it a hate fest. I didn't post this because of my political views, but there it is anyway..
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:19 pm
yup, no agenda in xenas thread....strictly non partisan love...my God I can almost feel the heat of it..... Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:44 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
While I can certainly understand, why some are taking offense to Xena's interpretation of the clip; like Finn, I don't see anything political in the clip itself. The responses here confused me enough to watch it a second time as well, and the offending material eluded me again. When I see "NEVER FORGET" on a bumper sticker it reminds me of unity we experienced and felt after 9-11, not the exploitation that followed. And frankly, for the victims sake as well as our own, we should Never Forget.
willow_tl wrote:
don't know OCCB..but seems pretty clear to me that there is a political slant here...
Take a look at the chronology from the first post:

Xena posted the clip about "Never Forget". Said clip contained no noticeable political agenda. I personally thought the clip was a little too condescending and none too pleasant... but nothing to justify what came next...

Next post: BPB attacked for her politics and she's been defending herself ever since. Surprised me too. I though BPB objected to pre-emptive strikes. :wink:

I haven't read the whole thread, but don't need to to see that the original post contained none of the references she's been attacked for since.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:48 pm
as I said OBill, the title of the thread told the tale...it was inflammatory and slanted...you're too smart not to see it....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:56 pm
I thought it was a bit presumptuous, but not condescending. I assumed she labelled herself as one of those who needed a reminder, and had no intent to label anyone else. That was my initial perception.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:57 pm
then instead of "some" need a reminder..it should have been stated "I" need a reminder...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 05:58 pm
Incredulous at the venom and threats directed at this member over the clip.

What now? Evoking 911 is immediately attacked? If youre not "one who has forgotten" or "one who needs a reminder", you shouldn't have taken any offense to this at all--except the footage of a woman falling from the building is just about the worst taste I've ever seen, and I'd like to slap the face of the person who made that editorial choice. (Because IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER.)

Anyway, I think it is quite a curiosity about those who were so inflamed by this particular clip. Do you now see 911 as nothing more than a Republican commercial? If so, check yourself.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:00 pm
NO lash love, it is the rhetoric that follows it..9/11 was an american tragedy..for politicians(dem or rep) use it as propaganda are the real ones who need to CHECK THEMSELVES....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:08 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
as I said OBill, the title of the thread told the tale...it was inflammatory and slanted...you're too smart not to see it....
Sorry BPB. You are correct in assuming I know her politics too, and also that I could reasonably assume her purpose, but this could be done only if:

You considered the poster's politics in advance. It could easily have been a reminder why we shouldn't be "creating more terrorists" the way some suppose we are in Iraq as we speak... or it could be a non-political post pointing out that our country's interior security is policed about as well as a Grateful Dead concert...

Sorry BPB, your attack and justification may very well have been spot on, but with the available information at that time it was still a "pre-emptive strike ". :wink: You feelin me?

Edit= Tried to save Bear the trouble of correcting my grammar.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:11 pm
The clip WAS fairly low quality...

I have to agree with Lash. Whether conclusions as to her intent were accurate, they were certainly inappropriately hasty.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
Oh, I guess Bill said the same thing better.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:18 pm
Not really SCoates... I really should learn English, or to check my grammar, sentence structure and punctuation before hitting Submit. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sorry BPB. You are correct in assuming I know her politics too, and also that I could reasonably assume her purpose, but I this could be done only if:

You considered the poster's politics in advance. It could easily have been a reminder why we shouldn't be "creating more terrorists" the way some suppose we are in Iraq as we speak... or it could be a non-political post pointing out that our country's interior security is policed about as well as a Grateful Dead concert...

Sorry BPB, your attack and justification may very well have been spot on, but with the available information available at that time it was still a "pre-emptive strike". :wink: You feelin me?

OCCOM, I knew what this thread was all about before I even read the first post. Don't you know that the republican line of comentary on 9.11 is remind of "lessons learned"? And don't you know that the Democratic line of comentary on 9.11 is to object to it being used to make a political point, and to reject republican pointification of it as fear mongering?

The "You need a reminder of 9.11" line is way overdone by republicans trying to justify an unjustifiable war by fearmongering, and there can be no doubt that this thread was meant the same way. It was posted on the Politics forum for crying out loud, not the Human interest stories forum.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:22 pm
Well--the first nine posts after the clip--were highly accusatory and attacking posts from others to Xena. So, the rhetoric which followed the clip was not by Xena, or any Conservative--it was yours, among others.

Not all angry, but did feel clarification was in order.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:29 pm
Einherjar wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sorry BPB. You are correct in assuming I know her politics too, and also that I could reasonably assume her purpose, but I this could be done only if:

Sorry BPB, your attack and justification may very well have been spot on, but with the available information available at that time it was still a "pre-emptive strike". :wink: You feelin me?

OCCOM, I knew what this thread was all about before I even read the first post. Don't you know that the republican line of comentary on 9.11 is remind of "lessons learned"? And don't you know that the Democratic line of comentary on 9.11 is to object to it being used to make a political point, and to reject republican pointification of it as fear mongering?

The "You need a reminder of 9.11" line is way overdone by republicans trying to justify an unjustifiable war by fearmongering, and there can be no doubt that this thread was meant the same way. It was posted on the Politics forum for crying out loud, not the Human interest stories forum.
So what you are saying is you used solid background information to formulate an educated guess... and that that was sufficient to assume her purpose... even though no real proof of her intent was as of yet available. Interesting strategy, that. Where have I heard that before?
0 Replies