Never forget. Some need a reminder. Powerful video clip

Xena

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:43 am
We must never forget...It seems many of us have. This is a reminder for all of us.

http://members.cox.net/classicweb/email.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,645 • Replies: 231
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:46 am
if we do not approve of bush and his big iraq adventure then we've forgotten 9/11, don't appreciate our military, don't care about terrorism and love the french....could you post more of an ignant, partisan cliche?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
Oh god! Not that thing again.

I do remember, and I find that drivel an absolute insult both to me and to the people who died.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
The families of the survivors and the victims have begged the candidates not to use images of 9/11 to further their agendas.
A trip to the hearing center for you Xena.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
let us not forget the Oklahoma city bombings either...I suggest we round up all caucasian Midwestern Christian boys who look like they might be in frats and move them to internment camps.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:56 am
My friend who died there would be sick - and amused, in a black way - if he could see that thing.

As would his family.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:58 am
Can we remember respectfully, keep our eye on the ball and at the same time not go off the deep end? Apparently not....sad....
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:01 am
Thanks Deb because my response is not as kind to the sender...in fact it angers me ....and if i could post what i really thought of the person(s) who made this i would be kicked off A2K ...how dare YOU continue to use fear and the loss of thousands of lives as a political motivation for patriotism...it sickens me!
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:35 am
"lest we forget"... I remember the Maine, and Pearl Harbor, and the Holocaust/Hitler's Death camps, and VietNam.

And I remember Watergate.

The fact that corrupt politicos from the Watergate dirty-tricks contingent have managed to re-emerge at Pennsylvania Ave. is alarming, indeed...
much more so than any anomalous terrorist attack from a cadre of wackos.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 12:30 pm
Thanks for remembering Watergate Magus. I was living in DC at the time, in fact my fathers office was on the same floor.

This might sound like heresy to a lot of folks but I agree with Magus: That the break-in's, although there was no loss of life, were far more a threat to our freedoms and the American way of democracy.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 12:35 pm
What have we forgotten Xena?

have we forgotten that the war in Iraq is unjust and predicated on a lie?

have we forgotten the people who perpetrated this act of terror on american soil?

have we found the terrorist behind 9/11?

just wondering..us inquisitive patriots want to know...
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
panzade wrote:
The families of the survivors and the victims have begged the candidates not to use images of 9/11 to further their agendas.
A trip to the hearing center for you Xena.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
Xena wrote:
Just because a few "NJ girls" and some others are offened, doesn't mean they speak for all the families. Just get that straight..

Yes Sir!!!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:24 pm
Magus wrote:
"

And I remember Watergate.

The fact that corrupt politicos from the Watergate dirty-tricks contingent have managed to re-emerge at Pennsylvania Ave. is alarming, indeed...
much more so than any anomalous terrorist attack from a cadre of wackos.

You could eliminate 95% of all modern semblences of anything resembling Watergate by outlawing the democrat party:

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20041015-093801-5048r.htm
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:26 pm
How does this

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
if we do not approve of bush and his big iraq adventure then we've forgotten 9/11, don't appreciate our military, don't care about terrorism and love the french....could you post more of an ignant, partisan cliche?

rationally follow this?

Xena wrote:
We must never forget...It seems many of us have. This is a reminder for all of us.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
gungasnake wrote:

You could eliminate 95% of all modern semblences of anything resembling Watergate by outlawing the democrat party:

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20041015-093801-5048r.htm

And as an added bonus you get to eliminate any semblance of Democracy!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
And as an added bonus you get to eliminate any semblance of Democracy!

Increasingly I'm thinking that is the goal.
0 Replies

squinney

Not to downplay the loss of these people who were obviously loved, and who died so horribly on that day...

But, it isn't as if you are posting a link to something overwhelmingly signed onto by families of those lost. Therefore, it gives the wrong impression that the 9/11 family / survivors are backing Bush.

A close look at the list shows approx 200 people have signed. (42 on page linked to + 158 on next bage) There were almost 3000 lost that day. Of the 200, just a quick glance shows that 16 are family of one person (Lewis) and several others show the same type of repeat.

So, of almost 3000 killed on 9/11, perhaps 120 families claim to support Bush through this websight.

They are free to do so, but please don't post here asking us to remember the dead when it is really about supporting Bush. That's disgraceful.

I remember them daily as I see constant reminders that Bush took his eye off of the one that directed the attack and went into Iraq.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

dlowan wrote:
Oh god! Not that thing again.

I do remember, and I find that drivel an absolute insult both to me and to the people who died.

I find this reaction puzzling.

In what way is the message stupid or senseless?

Why do you feel insulted by it, and more importantly why do you think it insults the people who died?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 02:33 pm
I gotta say it...

When people talk about the second ammendment, they sometimes call it the right which guarantees all the others, or the one which makes the others possible.

The democrat party seems to me to be a sort of an antipode or opposite to that. Of all the serious/major problems which we have in America, the democrat party is the one which makes the others possible and enables them. In particular, the democrat party is the thing which makes things like 9-11 possible.

You'd think John Kerry had to be the weakest and worst candidate anybody had ever run for president of any country since Adam and Eve, and then you go back and look at Fritz Mondale...

Check this out:

http://vbuttons.com/ec/5629/index.php?em_id=1423117

The thing where Reagan talks about old Fritz swimming around in the ocean doing political ads because of voting against the Nimitz is priceless.
0 Replies