The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

People close to Trump say that one of his major criteria was that his appointees had to look the part. He was casting it like a feature film (and he has said as much himself, as someone quoted him). They couldn't be ugly, they had to be telegenic. Pretty much in character for Trump. He spent months buying marble sinks for the bathrooms in Trump Airlines, rther than researching what business travels actually wanted, like more frequent flights.

I think you have likely described the behaviou of all TV show producers and directors.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:31 pm
@georgeob1,
True, but Trump is going to be president, not a TVlproducer, and we damned well should hope he uses other criteria more important, If you look at his choices, you might be hard pressed to find other criteria than looks.
ossobucotemp

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Oh, geez.

What are we walking into?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:38 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

. On the contrary our passive aggressive narcicisst current President with his phone and his pen has behaved in a rather authoritarian Putinesque manner himself.

True that, George:

Quote:
Obama's curtain call: A look back on a legacy of executive overreach

... those on the left have shifted their sights from expanding big government programs to...worrying about the possibility of executive overreach during the next administration.

This new-found concern for executive power is ironic given that the Obama administration’s signature move has been aggressively to sidestep the democratic process.

The Obama administration issued 560 major regulations in its first 7 years, and regulations and executive orders continue to be pushed through the administration post-election.

Though Obama has frequently touted his pen and phone policymaking, these actions on immigration, environmental policy, and presidential appointees have often been swatted away by the Supreme Court.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, issued a July 2014 report that found 20 instances in which a unanimous high court ruled against the administration.

The Obama administration has fared worse before the Supreme Court than any other modern president’s administration.

“This reflects an Obama administration pattern of ignoring the rule of law and usurping the role of Congress—as illustrated, for example, in its unauthorized efforts to rewrite the immigration laws and the Obamacare statute without congressional authorization,” Abbott said

District and appellate level courts halted many of Obama’s executive actions. Some of Obama’s actions still await a ruling in court, such as his gun control initiative.

All of this is quite remarkable given that the Constitution vests the power to make law with Congress, not the president, as President Obama, once a lecturer in constitutional law, well knows.

The 20 cases mentioned are just those that were unanimously decided against him, with even the Justices he personally appointed rejecting his ridiculous attempts to usurp power.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

True, but Trump is going to be president, not a TVlproducer, and we damned well should hope he uses other criteria more important, If you look at his choices, you might be hard pressed to find other criteria than looks.

Are you suggesting that people don't alter their behavior to fit their circumstances and the challenges of their positions ?
TomTomBinks

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:27 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Unless there a charge of income tax evasion who the **** cares? As far as I'm concerned we should do away with the IRS and mail in a ******* 3x5 card that I did my taxes on.

Are you that selfish and irresponsible that you don't think we should pay taxes? Nobody LIKES paying but if no one paid what would this country look like?
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:34 pm
@georgeob1,
No, but I am saying that how people have behaved in the past is usually a pretty gokod guide of how they will behave in the present and future. Psychologists doing longitudinal studies over decades say that most of the time our basic personality structure is formed early, some have said they can already tell a lot about people's future lives from,. I think, 4 or 5, jhow they'll deal with problems, their outlook on the world, their personality
structure. From what we know about Trump from the 1970s he hasn't changed much since then. hat's one of the main problems--he's done some pretty slimy things over the years. and he shows no reluctance to repeat them.

And you can't be naïve enough to think that people being vetted for office don't slant their testimony to tell their examiners what they want to hear (and that applies to appointees from all parties).

That some of his appointees have differed on some, usually fairly minor, points with Trumps's more outre more outre ideas is a hopeful sign, but I'm not going to read too much into it without more evidence. And may very well just be evidence that he appointed them for their square jaws, stern face, and military haircut.

georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 06:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well for the first decade of my adult life I flew fighters in the Navy. Later I went to graduste school to study physics, and then immediately back to carrier flying in 'nam. and later happier days in the Med. All that required fairly constant changes in focus, from flying to academia, getting used to new aircraft, new situationsk and combat. Then it was Rickover and Nuclear power training and I had to change my focus again. After that, various ship and battle Group commands each of which presented new circumstances & challenges, each requiring new behaviors and new relationships. After the Navy I got into the Engineering construction business and a new world of changing circumstances, growth, learning and new behaviors etc. I'm still learning and adapting. I don't think that series of new conditions, challenges and appropriate behavior adjustments is in any way unique - indeed it is fairly common, and has many analogies in other professions.

Certainly Obama made some adjustments from community organizing in Chicago to the Senate and the Presdidency ( Come to think of it maybe he didn't). Clinton's whole life was in politics in Arkansas and Washington. In Trump's case he transformed and grew a family business well beyond its original bounds, creating and managing a series of major projects across the country and much of the world. Along the way he wrote a series of successful books; made himself a star TV performer, and created the Trump brand. I think that demonstrates a substantial capaciuty for creativity, adaptability and leadership.

In any event Trump has a far broader background and experience base to draw on than did Barack Obama when he entered the Presidency.

Odd that you didn't think of any of that.
Krumple

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 07:16 pm
@stickystan,
Trump will never leave office, he will become first US dictator who tosses out term limits. Orange is the new black remember? I think he feeds off all the hatred, his power grows everytime some calls him corrupt, asshole, bigot, etc. Hate him all you want but I think we got the least of a worse evil that woulda been Hillary presidency.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 07:32 pm
http://assets.amuniversal.com/c9a251a0bbff013432a0005056a9545d
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 07:51 pm
https://i2.wp.com/truthuncensored.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/isis-obama-shhhhhh-300x180.jpg
layman

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 09:46 pm
@Frugal1,
The muslims bought Obama way back when he was a devout Marxist (probably still is) wanting to get into Harvard Law Schook, eh, Frug?:

Quote:
The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School....

In the interview, Sutton says he first heard of Obama about twenty years ago from Khalid Al-Mansour, a Black Muslim and Black Nationalist who was a “mentor” to the founders of the Black Panther party at the time the party was founded in the early 1960s.

Sutton described al-Mansour as advisor to “one of the world’s richest men,” Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

Prince Alwaleed catapulted to fame in the United States after the September 11 attacks, when New York mayor Rudy Guiliani refused his $10 million check to help rebuild Manhattan, because the Saudi prince hinted publicly that America’s pro-Israel policies were to blame for the attacks.

Sutton knew Al-Mansour well, since the two men had been business partners and served on several corporate boards together.

As Sutton remembered, Al-Mansour was raising money for Obama’s education and seeking recommendations for him to attend Harvard Law School and had asked Sutton to write a letter of recommendation for Obama to help him get accepted at Harvard Law School.

"I was introduced to (Obama) by a friend who was raising money for him,” Sutton told NY city hall reporter Dominic Carter. “The friend’s name is Dr. Khalid al-Mansour, from Texas."

Obama college costs paid by Saudis Arabs, Khalid Al-Mansour requested Arab money, Vernon Jarrett Percy Suttton confirm.

https://citizenwells.com/2012/09/24/obama-college-costs-paid-by-saudis-arabs-khalid-al-mansour-requested-arab-money-vernon-jarrett-percy-suttton-confirm-obama-bow-to-saudi-king-proves-loyalty/

I know that most of this is "old news" to many, and the left has used false claims in an attempt to deny it, but it rings true. A lot of the commies here have probably never heard the story, though, because the left-wing sources they rely on for information would never publish it.

"Percy Sutton was a Freedom Rider, civil rights activist and prominent African-American lawyer best known for representing Malcolm X. In 1966, when Manhattan borough president Constance Baker Motley received a federal judgeship, the City Council chose Sutton as her replacement. He served the remaining three years of her term, and was re-elected to two more terms after that, in 1969 and 1973."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:15 pm
@Krumple,
Nobody wants a war with Russia, but it would be great if Trump could banish those dollar signs in his eyes so he could properly see Putin's goals. Again, not to engage in war, but to avoid letting them run all over us.
Builder

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
....but to avoid letting them run all over us.

Like the Saudis and Israel do?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 11:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Jesus, am I the only one who remembers Nixon?

And Ronald Reagan, and George Bush 43 and his partner in crime Cheney. But wait!!! tRump will make them all look like amateurs.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 11:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
vindictive lieing sociopathic conman

What amazes me is how many lieing, sociopathic, conmen voters we have in the U S.
Krumple

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:55 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Nobody wants a war with Russia, but it would be great if Trump could banish those dollar signs in his eyes so he could properly see Putin's goals. Again, not to engage in war, but to avoid letting them run all over us.

Why is Putin's goals our responsibility? Who appointed the US the police of the planet? Is Putin fucked up? Sure but why is it necessary to go to war with Russia? Trump is taking **** for prevention g it. Hillary would be marching us into Russia if she had won. I don't get this insanity double talk, its crazy.
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:11 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

What amazes me is how many lieing, sociopathic, conmen voters we have in the U S.

Yeah, how could this fool possibly say that Trump is sincere, I ask ya?