The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:34 pm
@giujohn,
If you're so confident, why aren't you giving odds? 10.000 to one should about fit your boasts. And, I repeat, why should we want you to give up your screen name.. May mean something to you, nothing to us, so why bet. And it's a pretty clear marker that we can skip over that post and not miss anything of value.
clear markers that something has no value are in short supply on the net.
giujohn

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:39 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Is Trump setting a trend? In the future will all candidates for the Presidency refuse to provide their tax returns??

Unless there a charge of income tax evasion who the **** cares? As far as I'm concerned we should do away with the IRS and mail in a ******* 3x5 card that I did my taxes on.
farmerman

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:40 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Trump is draining the swap..

Hes swapped competence for ADD. .

0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
The only thing that matters is Hillary didn't get it.
giujohn

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 02:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
You're missing the point...It's about you losing and having to give up your name. Me giving odds ain't gonna do me any good cause I can't make you send me money...But I can shame you into giving up your name or label you a ******* welcher...Now is that clear enough for you? Caused do the know how to dumb it down any further.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:08 pm
@giujohn,
I got your point very well, I just don't give a ****. I'm perfectly happy if you keep your screenname. If you like ignominy, fine, who am I to say you nay. And even if Trump leads us all into nuclear war, which seems a lot less far-fetched than it used to, I'm not at all sure a majority of Republicans would vote to impeach him, So .why bet

The last time I bet on some thing was at least 30 years ago, in a job betting pool, on horses in the Kentucky Derby, for some sort of nominal stakes, something like increasing numbers of mint juleps. Even though I don't like mint juleps. I bet on some horse to show. It won. But my idiot then-boss who ran it wouldn't pay up, since he said "to show" meant the horse had to come in third and there was no internet then to show him his error. Cured me from betting even on sure things, forever.
farmerman

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:13 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Pathological lying (also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying. It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck. ... The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth.
Everyone seems to be adjusting to the fact that truth is a stranger in Trumps speeches and interviews. He will baldfacedly lie right to our faces and the lemmings applaud him He will deny what we all have just herd him say on TV (qn , the surprising thing is that the press corps is giving him a pass out of fear , no doubt)
The definition of PL Im gonna be sticking with in my assessment of him. Hes got more antisocial and psychosocial traits about him . Hillary lied, but not like his false stories (or even 1/4 as much as he).

Im admitting that its gonna be an interesting ride. However, I do not want him to begin the process of a "managed democracy" ;like present day Russia. Thats not what my America is about. Id rather these head busting arguments and ultimate compromise. Thats where the framers went and , instead, we seem to be heading for a Brave New World with this guy and Nobody gives a ****.
Im reading the **** from three of our members especially and its like those guys are on Putins Payroll.
Oh Well, looking forward to the cabinet, I see either dissention or maniacally clever manipulation going on so that Trump can grcefully back away from cmpqign promises.(Im sure youve thought of that too)

T rex has stated in his own hearings for Secy State that he would still consider Russia an ADVERSARY not a partner. Its showing up that they really had a role in jacking with our election process. For this they are our friends?

Im more concerned about our own citizens whove turnd into little Dumpster lemmings . They seem to be totally oblivious at what has transpired these lst few months.

Im over the Hillary thing , she was our (DEM)candidate, she was a poor one with very little planning skills.
But I do not think that which has been spoken of her is even close to truth.What criminl activity that has happened in the last 6 months, IS GONNA MAKE A GREAT MOVIE as big as WATERGATE, Iraq II, or killing Bin LAden .

MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:19 pm
@giujohn,
Hillary did get it and it was taken away by the dead hands of some antidemocratic founding fathers. That's gotta change.
Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:20 pm
Everyone is well aware that tolerance is a stranger to liberal
progressive democrats, they are acting like spoiled little children.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:28 pm
@Frugal1,
No, we are acting like righteously indignant citizens who are justly appalled that we've had a vindictive lieing sociopathic conman foisted on us through thoroughly undemocratic means, and too many brownnosers are going along with it.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:37 pm
@Frugal1,
THillary got three milion more votes. The country rejected Trump and his agenda, no way around that fact.
georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
Interesting comments. The well reported differences between some of Trump's many off-hand comments and elements of the testimony of several of his appointees, Mathis and Tillerson most prominently, do reveal interesting possibilities. It is conceivable (but highly unlikely) this could be a way, as you suggest for Trump to get off the hook for things he has said. If you think that one through a little I think you will conclude there are other far more likely and realistic possibilities. Indeed this would certainly be an extreme case of the tail wagging the dog if your surmise were true.

Much more likely is the assumption that Trump chose these beople with their experience, abilities and perceived viewpoints in mind and some connection(perhaps known now only to him) to things Trump would like to achieve while in office. If that indeed is the case, it speaks well for Trump's self-confidence and potential strength as a leader. Weak leaders generally prefer sycophants around them - folks like Eric Holder who as acting AG facilitated Clinton's pardon of the late Marc Rich, or the non entity who succeeded Bill Gates in DOD, or the vain and spineless John Kerry in State.

I think your fear that Trump will in office seek a "managed democracy like Putin's is very far-fetched. Putin likes puppy dogs like Medvedev around him - hardly the likes of Trump's appointees. On the contrary our passive aggressive narcicisst current President with his phone and his pen has behaved in a rather authoritarian Putinesque manner himself.
Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
That's funny... Cleveland scored more runs than the Cubs in the World Series.

Your ignorance is epic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2Ph80YWgAAaVT6.jpg:large
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
@Frugal1,
There's no Electoral College to screw things up in baseball.
georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
No, they call then the Rules of the Game instead.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:00 pm
@georgeob1,
People close to Trump say that one of his major criteria was that his appointees had to look the part. He was casting it like a feature film (and he has said as much himself, as someone quoted him). They couldn't be ugly, they had to be telegenic. Pretty much in character for Trump. He spent months buying marble sinks for the bathrooms in Trump Airlines, rther than researching what business travels actually wanted, like more frequent flights.
Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Best of 7 is American Baseball's version of the EC, it's baked-in.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Your 'she got more votes' argument just faded away, you should consider doing the same.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:22 pm
@Frugal1,
Did you guys fade away over Obama the last eight years? Did you in particular ever shut up about him? In the GOP candidate, you presented us a lieing, corrupt, venal vindictive, sociopathic scam artist, who is completely unfitto be president, yet he will be. We are just doing what you did, except we're doing it to someone who deserves it, which you weren't.
0 Replies