The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

layman

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 01:39 pm
@layman,
In the Jeff Fox vein...

You know you just might be a cheese-eater when someone tells a funny joke about an Italian, an African, and a German and everyone else laughs loudly but you deliver an irate, hysteria-ridden, stern lecture about how they're all xenophobic racists, eh?

Candyass motherfuckers.
camlok

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 01:57 pm
@layman,
You likely mean 'Foxworthy'.

Dumb gap-toothed rednecks!
layman

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 02:04 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

You likely mean 'Foxworthy'.

Dumb gap-toothed rednecks!

Yeah, that guy. I forgot his name.

This Milo perv seems to know what I'm getting at, eh? Kinda long, (I've only watched part of it) but kinda interesting, too, I thought.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 05:27 pm
@layman,
They are so wrapped up in their denial and anger over their stunning defeats in the Presidential and state elections across the country, that they can't think clearly. Worse still they are entirely absorbed in somewhat lunatic efforts to find scapegoats or hidden conspiracies to protect themselves from the awful recognition of the possibility that American voters in most states rejected both their political programs and their anointed, but very hard to love, and crooked candidate. It is a bit sad to see such childish and neurotic behavior on the part of people who imagine they alone know what's good for the rest of us.
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 06:38 pm
layman

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 07:01 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
In fairness to Socrates, he didn't hate democracy, even though it killed him. He was invited to "escape" while the guards "weren't looking" and simply live his life in exile in another City-State. He refused, saying he had willingly reaped all the benefits of the laws of Athens, and could not complain about one that didn't please him, just because it didn't serve his personal interests.

Too bad that the cheese-eaters don't have an ounce of Socrates in them, eh?

His protege, Plato, who watched the mob condemn Socrates to death, condemned pure democracy forever after. Plato wrote the Republic, not Socrates.

Our founding fathers certainly understood Plato's point, hence our representative/constitutional/republican form of government.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”
layman

Sun 9 Jul, 2017 07:04 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
It is a bit sad to see such childish and neurotic behavior on the part of people who imagine they alone know what's good for the rest of us.

Well, George, the very fact that they think they know what's best for everyone is a primary reason why they are so childish, I figure.
Fil Albuquerque

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 11:20 am
@layman,
Gosh I know who wrote the Republic man, since I was 12, I am now 43. Sheesh!
Anyway I think you understood why the video end up here...
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 12:18 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
Worse still they are entirely absorbed in somewhat lunatic efforts to find scapegoats or hidden conspiracies to protect themselves from the awful recognition of the possibility that American voters in most states rejected both their political programs and their anointed, but very hard to love, and crooked candidate.

Your posts push the same themes as the Russkie troll army from St. Petersburg, Russia that infests YouTube and other social media.

Is it fantasy that Trump's campaign manager Manafort did PR work for the Kremlin's Ukrainian Party of Stooges? Or that he signed a long term contract, still possibly in force, to promote Russian interests with Putin's oligarch buddy?

Or that Trump's Sec'y of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, lied about meeting the Russian ambassador at the Republican national convention? This is straight after he got done being a key director in the Cyprus bank which did most of the money laundering for illegal Russian money.

Or that Trump's son-in-law, who negotiates international agreements for him, got his company a loan for over $100 Million from a Russian so-called "bank" which legally is not a bank at all, just an arm of the Russian government that is run by a KGB trained operative? And who didn't report the meeting with the Russian intelligence operative after Trump got elected as he had to.

Or that Trump's head of the Justice Dep't, the hideous Jeff Sessions, lied to his Senate confirmation committee about meeting the Russian ambassador at the Republican national convention? Then when it came out he lied, he wanted to just change the official record without going deeper. Then when it came out he lied about a second meeting with the Russian ambassador he lied about, is trying to act like it's no big deal?

Yeah, nothing to see here, right georgeob1? Only tinfoil hat types would be remotely concerned about these and so many other indicators of Trump treachery.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 12:25 pm
@Blickers,
You just proved his point, Blickie. Just as a "truther" on 9/11 does when he endeavors to prove how his conspiracy theory is "obviously" true, you have merely demonstrated your own determination to believe only what you want to believe, and to just make up "facts" as you go to support it.
hawkeye10

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 12:41 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
It is a bit sad to see such childish and neurotic behavior on the part of people who imagine they alone know what's good for the rest of us.

Well, George, the very fact that they think they know what's best for everyone is a primary reason why they are so childish, I figure.

Worse than that is imagining that they have a moral obligation to try to get us to follow their will through all means fair and unfair. Beliving that the ends justify the means is a cancer that has been eating the Left for a lot of decades. This lack of respect and decency is the mark of the uneducated, but these fools are so far around the bend that they fancy themselves to be the best of men.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
They're motivated by sanctimony not any moral obligation.

Coercion is incompatible with morality.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If coercion is immoral, then I'd like to get all kinda immoral with these cheese-eating lefties.

But it wouldn't be strict coercion. I would give them options: Either get the **** out of this country or I'll bust a cap in your sorry ass. Your choice, cheese-eater.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

When you're a weak-ass, cowardly loser with no courage, no skills, no power, and nothing else to offer that anyone wants, you can always fall back on a claim to being "morally superior" to everyone and his brother, eh?

Better than nothing, I guess.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:18 pm
@layman,
Not really funny
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 05:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's not how they have it in their heads....they think they are saving humans from ourselves, an almost actually really is God like act. The ends justify the means for God too, so we can all see where they got it.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 10:52 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
You just proved his point, Blickie. Just as a "truther" on 9/11 does when he endeavors to prove how his conspiracy theory is "obviously" true, you have merely demonstrated your own determination to believe only what you want to believe, and to just make up "facts" as you go to support it.

Every single one of the facts I laid out in the post has been reported-although not in the right wing press, which apparently is where you get your news.

You ARE aware that Manafort worked for the Kremlin's stooge party in Ukraine and received $10 Million without reporting it, right? Or that Manafort has a longstanding contract with one of Putin's buddies, still possibly in force, to promote Russia?

Or that Sessions lied repeatedly to the Senate Confirmation committee about meeting the Russian ambassador at the Republican convention?

Or that Sec'y of Commerce,Wilbur Ross, has lied about meeting the same Russian ambassador? Or that Ross was a director of the Cyprus bank through which the Russian government officials laundered their illegal funds?

You realize this, correct?
MontereyJack

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 12:12 am
@layman,
You do notice, I assume, that our representative/constitutional/republican form of government is mob rule too, because virtually all its decisions are based on majority vote.
MontereyJack

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 12:19 am
@MontereyJack,
And yes, there is such a thing as a representative/constitutional/democratic form of government, We're living in it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 12:26 am
@georgeob1,
Go back to sleep George.
0 Replies