The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

MontereyJack

Wed 17 May, 2017 12:48 pm
@oralloy,
Yes oralloy people would care. 48 to. 41 percent the country wants Trump impeached.
oralloy

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
Delusional liberals don't count. Although people should be prepared to incarcerate them if they become violent.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
it was disturbing watching Nixon leaving the Whitehouse for the final time. But not because I was a Nixon supporter, it was just hard to wrap my head around the recklessness and arrogance that forced him out of office. Why anyone would risk such humiliation is still something I can't comprehend. I know, I know it's because they figure they won't get caught but................ I'm not looking forward to how this moves forward. It's going to be painful for everybody. Everybody loses.

I disagree. The Trump humiliation is going to be most painful for the people who put him into office. The true Trump fans, the conservative movement who tried to claim them, and the Republican party are going to pay the price.

Trump is the "dead cat bounce" of White nationalism. Our culture has changed over the past decades, and Trump is the last gasp of an American subculture that is fading into history.

The Trump presidency signals the end of an ideology. They need to be finally abandoned, and Trump presents a face for this process. The Trump presidency may just free us to move forward. Maybe this is something we need as a country.

I don't see this as a bad thing. Our national institutions are holding up just fine and we will come out stronger when this is over.

I, for one, am going to enjoy this. They brought it on themselves.

oralloy

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:22 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump is the "dead cat bounce" of White nationalism. Our culture has changed over the past decades, and Trump is the last gasp of an American subculture that is fading into history.

The liberal tendency to blame everything that they don't like on racism is silly.

And despite liberalism's contempt for white people, white people are not going to go away (and are not going to stop voting against political parties who have contempt for them).

maxdancona wrote:
The Trump presidency signals the end of an ideology. They need to be finally abandoned, and Trump presents a face for this process. The Trump presidency may just free us to move forward. Maybe this is something we need as a country.

You have it backwards. It is liberalism that is coming to an end as a political force in America.

While it is true that over the next 20 years liberals will continue to make a lot of loud noise within the Democratic Party, over this same 20 years the American voters will be placing the Republicans in charge of the country.

When in the distant future the voters contemplate placing Democrats back in charge again, it will only be after moderate Democrats purge all the liberals and nominate a "Trump-lite" to be their standard bearer.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Sometimes you have to have surgery to avoid a catastrophe. You will be happy if the surgery is successful and you fully recover.......it's great, right? It just doesn't mean you look forward to the procedure or the pain, but it is something that has to be done.

maxdancona

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:37 pm
@glitterbag,
But I am not facing surgery.... this is more like when my ex-wife's new boyfriend faced surgery. I can enjoy it from the side without feeling any of the pain.

Trump isn't doing any significant damage to the country. He is tearing apart the Republican party.

I am just going to enjoy the show.
ossobucotemp

Wed 17 May, 2017 01:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Knock on wood.
He's pretty erratic and swift at it.
maxdancona

Wed 17 May, 2017 02:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-02/5/14/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-01/sub-buzz-2813-1486321344-1.png
ossobucotemp

Wed 17 May, 2017 02:08 pm
@maxdancona,
On some occasions..
0 Replies

shonabellefonte

Wed 17 May, 2017 04:26 pm
I don't think he will. I think he's pretty set, to be honest.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I just think about Clinton on Loretta Lynch's plane while Hillary was under investigation and Hillary's off the hook - what, the next day?

I wish everyone was judged on the same scale.
Lash

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good grief. There is a lotta ass to cut through. RYAN!

Some people need to start thinking hard about 2020. Both parties are in shambles.
edgarblythe

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I just think about Clinton on Loretta Lynch's plane while Hillary was under investigation and Hillary's off the hook - what, the next day?

I wish everyone was judged on the same scale.

I feel the same way about the Clintons as you. I am doing all I can to spread information about both parties, because both are dragging us to ruin.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, good for you Max. Maybe you're right, Trump might be harmless like an infestation of termites. It's going to get ugly, good to know somebody enjoys that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:32 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Good grief. There is a lotta ass to cut through. RYAN!

Some people need to start thinking hard about 2020. Both parties are in shambles.

I meant to correct Edgar's post, but never got around to it.

If Trump were removed from office, Pence would step in, and he would appoint a new VP.

If Pence were then removed from office, that new VP would become president.

It would never reach Ryan.

But it doesn't matter regardless. No one is going to be removed from office.

As for 2020, Trump will be reelected.
glitterbag

Wed 17 May, 2017 07:39 pm
@oralloy,
You don't remember Gerald Ford?
oralloy

Wed 17 May, 2017 09:33 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
You don't remember Gerald Ford?

In fact I do. I was rather young, but I recall how unfairly he was savaged by the media. He seemed to take it in stride though. Good for him.
MontereyJack

Wed 17 May, 2017 09:48 pm
@oralloy,
Dubious. Support for impeachment is already at 48 percent and Republicans are beginning to consider it as well. There has never been anything like majority support for his agenda, climaxing with 17 percent for his healthcare plan. You keep saying he'll be remembered as up there with Lincoln and Washington. ain't gonna happen, so far the past president he's most often likened to is Tricky Dick Nixon. Lock him up.
oralloy

Wed 17 May, 2017 09:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Dubious.

We'll see.

MontereyJack wrote:
Support for impeachment is already at 48 percent and Republicans are beginning to consider it as well. There has never been anything like majority support for his agenda, climaxing with 17 percent for his healthcare plan.

Irrelevant.

MontereyJack wrote:
You keep saying he'll be remembered as up there with Lincoln and Washington. ain't gonna happen,

We'll see.

MontereyJack wrote:
so far the past president he's most often likened to is Tricky Dick Nixon.

The childish ravings of delusional liberals hardly count for anything.

MontereyJack wrote:
Lock him up.

No. Lock up Obama. Let his daughters visit their daddy in prison.

If the Democrats want to play the criminal charges game, play it right back at them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 18 May, 2017 05:04 am
Impeachment will happen when

1) Donald Trump is hated enough by Republican Congress members. And he is pissing off a number of Republicans.

2) The Republican party decides that getting rid of Trump is worth the political cost.

Republicans control Congress. But if Trump keeps screwing over his own party, that won't protect him. If you read the Republican blogs, there are already Republicans talking about it.

They are saying that President Pence wouldn't be so bad for them.