The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

izzythepush

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:50 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
Let's roll the tape. Over the weekend, Trump and his national security team ordered a raid in Yemen which was epically botched, killing at least 30 people including one U.S. soldier and 10 women and children — among them an 8-year old American girl.

This is the 8 year old girl. Her picture is all over the news networks over here.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/5890dcbd47575225618b4a8e/an-8-year-old-american-girl-was-killed-during-the-seal-team-6-raid-in-yemen.jpg

Iran is an easy target, it exploits the bad blood between America and Iran since the popular revolution which overthrew the Shah. It ignores the bigger picture. There is a proxy religious war going on between Sunni and Shia. Saudi Arabia is Sunni and Iran is Shia. Now there are mixtures of Shia and Sunni throughout the ME. Overall though the Shia tend to be more moderate, (pictures of the prophet are not deemed blasphemous in Shia Islam,) and the type of Sunni Islam espoused in Saudi Arabia, Wahhabism, is particularly hard line. Both Al Qaida and IS type of Islam is very similar to Wahhabism. By taking the Saudi's side against Iran they're also helping the Jihadi's poisonous ideology take root throughout the ME. And that's only good for the Saudis.
Frugal1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 11:57 am
http://16004-presscdn-0-50.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/soros-leaks-575x575.jpg

Former Nazi and Democrat Donor George Soros Now Connected to Every Major Protest Since November Election
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 01:22 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't understand why we get involved with their religious wars, hasn't it been going at least since Ottoman empire; probably much earlier? I wish we could just stay out of things like that and only interfere when there is some kind of humanitarian crises and/or a real imminent threat. As far as Iran getting nuclear weapons, everyone one else has them they probably feel at a disadvantage but I don't think they should get them anymore than I think any other country should. Personally I wish the worlds nuclear weapons would all mutually be destroyed at one time without destroying the world, but I know that will never happen.
giujohn

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 02:17 pm
There are 2 rules in war.

Rule #1. People die.

Rule#2. You can't change rule #1.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 03:31 pm
@revelette1,
Obama's deal meant the nuclear issue had been kicked into the long grass, giving Iran time to engage with the rest of the world. One people have a taste of peace and normality they want it to continue. If you keep people in harsh conditions they develop a siege mentality, like Londoners during the Blitz.

This will only help the hardliners and make Iran more likely to seek nuclear weapons. They kept the Jongs safe in N Korea while Saddam Hussein was deposed, sentenced to death and executed.

Christendom and the Islamic world have at odds since the first crusade in 1095, and as far as Moslems are concerned, America is very much part of that conflict. Not being a country until 1776 makes no difference whatsoever.
oralloy

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 06:55 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Over the weekend, Trump and his national security team ordered a raid in Yemen which was epically botched, killing at least 30 people including one U.S. soldier and 10 women and children — among them an 8-year old American girl.

It is truly a shame that the soldier was killed. But only a terrorist sympathizer could be unhappy with a raid that killed a bunch of terrorist scumbags and collected intelligence.

I recommend finding a less treasonous news source. (To each their own though.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 06:57 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I don't understand why we get involved with their religious wars,

Self defense. They attacked us and we are defending ourselves.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 07:00 pm
@izzythepush,
I agree with you on all of it, makes sense.

However, I was talking about the sectarian war between Shias and Sunnis; not necessarily between Christian and Muslim.
RABEL222

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:52 pm
@revelette1,
Iran is an easy target for tRump and the conservatives. Keep the spotlight on Iran and it will be easier to cover up all the crooked crap they pull of in Washington. I sure as hell hope the news sites dont fall for this garbage, but probably will because it sells newspapers.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 01:36 am
@revelette1,
That bit happened about 30 years after the prophet died. He was a ruler but had no male heir so when he died a system was put in place for a series of caliphs to be in charge. Then his daughter gave birth to a male heir, Ali, and in a nutshell that's the split, the Shia wanted Ali to be leader as the prophet's grandson but the Sunni wanted to retain the system of caliphs. There is a bit more too it with hidden imams and that, but that's the basics.

And if you ask the Iranians what the main cause of animosity between them and the West was they'd reference the CIA/MI5 coup back in the 50s that overthrew a democratic government and installed the shah.
oralloy

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
And if you ask the Iranians what the main cause of animosity between them and the West was they'd reference the CIA/MI5 coup back in the 50s that overthrew a democratic government and installed the shah.

True that this is what the Iranians would say.

But it's entirely a load of BS on their part.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:29 am
@oralloy,
The only BS is coming from you. Like many aspects of geopolitics this is something you're completely ignorant of, and you're laughably out of your depth. Know your limits, stick to the World Of Warcraft, everything else is way beyond your understanding.
oralloy

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The only BS is coming from you.

Nope. As always my facts are all in order.

izzythepush wrote:
Like many aspects of geopolitics this is something you're completely ignorant of, and you're laughably out of your depth.

I know more about this single subject than your total knowledge of everything. And I certainly know more than enough to hold my own (which is why you won't dare try to confront me on facts).

izzythepush wrote:
Know your limits, stick to the World Of Warcraft, everything else is way beyond your understanding.

I do know my limits. I am one of the 1,000 smartest people currently alive.
MontereyJack

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:48 am
@oralloy,
Certainly one of the 1000 most-conceited-with-no-reason-to-be people alive.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:52 am
@oralloy,
I used to teach kids with special needs, and your posts are like something they would write, only the most challenged ones mind you.

Know your limits, you're just showing yourself up.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Oralloy's posts show the damaging effects of lead in Michigan's drinking water. Instead of spouting nonsense he should be looking for a lawyer to get a compo claim in. It shouldn't be too hard, his entire opus on A2K would constitute irrefutable proof.
oralloy

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:02 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Certainly one of the 1000 most-conceited-with-no-reason-to-be people alive.

Not at all. My claims are all factual.

And I am not intentionally waving my superior intelligence in anyone's face. Someone is making false accusations against me, and I have every right to respond with the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I used to teach kids with special needs, and your posts are like something they would write, only the most challenged ones mind you.
Know your limits, you're just showing yourself up.

Nope. I'm a trillion times smarter than you could ever hope to be. Your untrue personal attacks will not change that.
oralloy

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy's posts show the damaging effects of lead in Michigan's drinking water. Instead of spouting nonsense he should be looking for a lawyer to get a compo claim in. It shouldn't be too hard, his entire opus on A2K would constitute irrefutable proof.

We've gone over this before. You know very well that I am nowhere near Flint or any other city, and I get my water from a private (and deep) well, which is then heavily filtered (reverse osmosis).
izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:16 am
@oralloy,
Your posts indicate otherwise. You should get yourself a good lawyer, you could be minted. And more importantly whatever rich corporation did this to you should not be able to get away with it.