The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

glitterbag

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 10:54 am
@izzythepush,
You made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:23 am
Seeing how liberal progressive democrats are acting up after a crushing defeat, it looks like President Trump will be in office for 8 years, and he will be remembered as one of this nations best presidents.

Keep it up libtards!
RABEL222

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 08:09 pm
@revelette1,
What Izzy said. You have no obligation to answer a bunch of smartassed jerks.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 08:30 pm
@revelette1,
Bob sal or snood?
Bobsal got himself in some kind of ridiculous situation that he keeps insisting on keeping, some kind of bet with the gui person. I continue to like him.

Snood, I miss a lot.

oralloy

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 09:43 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:
Seeing how liberal progressive democrats are acting up after a crushing defeat, it looks like President Trump will be in office for 8 years, and he will be remembered as one of this nations best presidents.

Not only will Mr. Trump be in office for 8 years, he's leading off a period where the Republicans will hold the White House for 20 straight years.

And when the day eventually comes when the Democrats manage to get elected again, it will be because they've purged their extremists and nominated a "Trump-lite" to be their candidate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Feb, 2017 09:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
Bobsal got himself in some kind of ridiculous situation that he keeps insisting on keeping, some kind of bet with the gui person.

And now Lash is following in his footsteps.

ossobucotemp wrote:
I continue to like him.

The only thing Bobsal ever brought to the board is sadistic name-calling. Why do you always like the evil people?

ossobucotemp wrote:
Snood, I miss a lot.

Snood posted in the word game threads until the end of December. I bet he's just taking a bit of a break and will be back when he's ready. (Although I should stress that this is just speculation on my part.)

I like Snood too, although I find it a waste of time to try to reason with him on racial issues.
giujohn

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 09:42 am
@ossobucotemp,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 09:45 am
@oralloy,
My bet only forces the loser to retire his or her moniker. We're free to return under a new name.
giujohn

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 10:40 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

My bet only forces the loser to retire his or her moniker. We're free to return under a new name.

And I would hate to see ya have to do so...So any time ya want to back out, let me know. As for me, I stand pat.
ehBeth

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 01:14 pm
https://www.fastcompany.com/3067806/the-odds-donald-trump-will-be-impeached-are-almost-21?partner=oregonian

Quote:

EMILY PRICE 02.02.17 8:41 AM
Gamblers will bet on anything—and they're having a field day with President Donald Trump.

The odds are now 2:1 that the 45th president will be impeached before the end of his first term, the online betting site Paddy Power reports. Before his inauguration, those odds were 4:1.

Paddy Power has an entire section dedicated to U.S. politics. A surge in bets predicting an early exit for the president came in after his tumultuous first days. Wagers are even being made on what year impeachment proceedings will begin in the House of Representatives. The odds are 7:1 this year, and they get less likely as time passes (but offer bigger winnings if you’re right): 9:1 in 2018, 16:1 in 2019, and 20:1 in 2020. In reality, presidential impeachment is a complex process. Only two U.S. presidents—Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton—have been impeached. Both were acquitted by the Senate.

more entertainment at the link
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 01:18 pm

President Trump will serve his 4 year term, and he could easily win a second term if he wants it.

Bottom line: President Trump will not be leaving office in disgrace as his predecessor did.
ehBeth

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Snood's fine. Heard from him within the last 10 minutes.
ossobucotemp

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:43 pm
@kickycan,
Gus shows up once in a blue moon. It's been a while now.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:48 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm a Bobsal friend, and I'll testify it was about the bet. I'm pissed at him for leaving, as I miss him. He is principled and stands up. In this case, I think that is silly, but he doesn't. I hope his grace re the bet has time limits.
ossobucotemp

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you! whew!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:16 pm
@Frugal1,
Trump has disgraced himself IN office already, whether he leaves office or not. Obama left office in far better fvor than Trump entered it, by about 20 perecentage points. And Trump is just widening the disfavor gap.

Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 06:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Trump has disgraced himself IN office already, whether he leaves office or not. Obama left office in far better fvor than Trump entered it, by about 20 perecentage points. And Trump is just widening the disfavor gap.

you forgot to add that Hillary won by 8 trillion votes.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 07:22 pm
@giujohn,
I'm good, but thanks.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:17 am
Quote:
Let's roll the tape.

Trump, on the close counsel of Stephen Bannon and Stephen Miller (who are, it seems, the real power behind the throne), has rammed through a probably illegal order banning Muslim immigration from seven countries, even for people with legitimate visas and desperately ill refugees; he reportedly directed federal law enforcement to ignore federal court orders staying the act, creating an instant constitutional crisis. Over the weekend, Trump and his national security team ordered a raid in Yemen which was epically botched, killing at least 30 people including one U.S. soldier and 10 women and children — among them an 8-year old American girl.

This week, Trump reportedly threatened to invade Mexico to deal with "bad hombres" (though the constantly bullied Mexican government later denied it); and he got in a bizarre, heated argument with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over an agreement to take in some refugees. On Wednesday night, after a handful of anti-fascist protesters disrupted a Milo Yiannopolous event at the University of California, Berkeley, Trump threatened to withdraw all federal funding from the entire school:

If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 2, 2017

(From a reply down below Trump's tweet: Tom Coates: realDonaldTrump UC Berkeley didn't practice violence. Some protestors/students did. Many others protested peacefully.)
source

On Thursday, Trump put Iran "ON NOTICE" because they carried out a ballistic missile test. That same day, it came out that Trump had hired Michael Anton, author of a widely-read pseudonymous essay supporting Trump, to work in national security. His article is overtly racist and authoritarian in its reasoning; it casts any Democratic victory as presumptively illegitimate because: "the ceaseless importation of Third World foreigners with no tradition of, taste for, or experience in liberty means that the electorate grows more left, more Democratic, less Republican, less republican, and less traditionally American with every cycle."

In related news, Trump is also reportedly considering altering a Department of Homeland Security anti-terrorism program to focus solely on Islamist terrorism — mere days after a white nationalist terrorist shot up a mosque in Quebec City. Oh, and Bannon says we'll be we'll be at war with China within 10 years.

And all this doesn't even touch the background issue of Trump's immense network of business ties which he was already exploiting for his own enrichment before he was inaugurated. That alone — a clear-cut violation of the Emoluments Clause — is probably grounds enough for impeachment, if we needed any more.

Trump is popular among Republican voters. But he is very unpopular overall, and his antics are creating a massive popular backlash. And while congressional Republicans are hawkish on Iran, they weren't much for war with China last time I checked. Trump has been president for literally two weeks and he has already caused one major international crisis and several serious diplomatic flaps for no reason at all.Trump has been president for literally two weeks and he has already caused one major international crisis and several serious diplomatic flaps for no reason at all. What will happen when he faces a real problem? The United States has about 1,900 strategic nuclear warheads that can be fired anywhere on the sole discretion of the president. The man is quite literally a threat to human life on this planet. He has to go.

source