teen diets

dadysgurl17

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:28 am
Im am a 15 year old gir and i know im obease, i ave tried every thig i have tought of to lose weight. I eat right, and exercise all of the time but i cant lose weight, can someone help me?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 11:20 am
Dadysgurl -Start at page one of this thread and read all 10 pages. Everyone is tired of posting the same advice over and over.
0 Replies

Starlight Magick

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:30 am
You can go here to look at your height and weight compared to what a "healty weight" is. I like this calculator because it is reasonable. I am 20 and if I look at regular adult calculators, it's wrong. This calculator is especially for kids & teens born after 1984.
http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/dieting/weight_height.html

When I entered my current height/weight as 2005, it wouldn't work. I had to change the year to 2004. That might be because I'm at the top of calculator's age limit.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:12 pm
BMI's are an inherently flawed mechanism for determining ideal body weights. They can be used as a guide but are no means to be used as the rule.
0 Replies

H0lLiisTeR bAbiiE 108

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:09 pm
My dieting doesn't seem to be working.
I'm in 8th grade going to be a freshman next year......i'm 6'8 and weigh 140 pounds and i feel fat. Its really my thighs and hips that are fat. How should i loose weight, i've tried eating healthier at lunch and i exercise a couple times a week and i'm involved in sports. Nothing seems to work because i never stick to it. I want to be like all my friends that wear size 0 pants and only weigh 100 pounds. HELP ME PLEASE!*

Annie Lotko
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:26 pm
Are you sure about your height? 6' 8"?

Read the previous 11 pages for the answer to your question.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:05 pm
Assuming you're 5'8" and weigh 140 pound then you are perfect. Don't try to wear size 0, you'll look sick in that size. It doesn't matter what size clothes your friends wear. It's hard being taller than everyone else. I was the tallest person in my school in 8th grade (including teachers, office staff, janitors, etc) so I know how you feel.

Use the following formula for an estimate of 'perfect' weigh-to-height ratio. Start at 100lbs and 5'0", add 5 lbs for each inch over 5'0", subtract 5 lbs for each inch under 5'0". "Normal" is perfect plus/minus 10%. So, at 5'8" you should weigh exactly 140 lbs. and normal would be 126 - 154.

If, in fact, you really are 6'8" then you are very underweight. Either way, don't try to get down to a size 0. Eventually your height will be a blessing, although right now its hard to imagine that day, but it will happen. In the meantime eat healthy foods, get some decent exercise and plenty of sleep. Staying healthy is much better than being too thin.
0 Replies

lil red 4

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:01 pm
i want to diet healthy
I think i am getting chubbier and i don't really want to diet, i guess, but i want to cut down i just do NOT like getting bigger. only if my tummy fits the size of my body. i want to cut down on food cuz i eat alot but i want to be heathy about it. what should i do?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:46 am
For the last time....

THIS THREAD IS 11 PAGES OF INFORMATION! QUIT BEING LAZY AND READ THEM BEFORE WHINING YOU ARE TOO FAT!!!!!

Godammit all.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 12:00 pm
<Bella> s'ok Bella, br-ea-th-e Smile
0 Replies

shorty 88

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
I think i am fat
I am a 17 year old female. I am around a 155- 160 pounds. I think that I am very overweight cause my dad tells me that I am fat and stuff. I also don't feel good about my weight cause from the beginning till the middle of February I am around wrestlers cause I am the head manager at my school. So please help me figure out how to get in to shape and loss the weight so that I can be at my target weight of about 130 pounds. The scary part is that I am starving myself and making my self sick.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:24 pm
Go back and read all 12 pages of this post for your answer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:04 am
J_B wrote:
<Bella> s'ok Bella, br-ea-th-e Smile

Laughing

I can't stand lazy people. And these kids are lazy. A product of too much coddling from their parents, perhaps? :wink:
0 Replies

canadianchic 131

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
Okay, I know i'm overweight.... i'm 5 foot 11 inches... i'm fairly tall, i'll be 15 in a month... and I weight 200 pounds. I have a hard time finding diets that work for me... lots of them involve hard to find foods (considering I live in a very small town) and others are just to strict to handle... and idea's on anything that will help me?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 03:31 pm
Start by reading this thread from the begining.

As to proper food - all you need is fruit, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats. Plus- get off your tushy and go for a fast walk (at least 2 miles) everyday. No such things as diets, just lifestyles.
0 Replies

canadianchic 131

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 09:22 pm
I play basketball quiet cometitively, practice 3 days a week, 2 hours each time, and 1 game. We only have 6 players... so I'm on the court the majority of the time. I also swim at nights in our pool, and walk to and from school 4 times daily (4 blocks one way). Then, at night b4 I swim, I walk with my friend around the town 3 times (6 km's in total), but I still can't seem to loose weight. I've tried all diets, Adkins, Weight Watchers, just drinking more water and cutting back on fatty foods.... but nothing is seeming to work!
0 Replies

yellowlab

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 09:44 pm
Do not starve yourself! Get away from the junk food. Exercise & eat veggies & fruits.
Stay away from McDonalds & the like. These companies are killing our kids. With the DuPont leak 2 weeks ago, now even the paper goods they serve this crap on is dangerous.
Dear teen,
Try to re-think. Start from stratch.
Start with your brain. Let's get your brain fired up.
Drink lots of clean water, because your brain is 75% water--so your brain needs water.
Brain food
Nuts (almonds)
Whole Grains
Protein Foods (salmon-wild) Thank God the USDA has inforced stores to tell on packages where the heck this food comes from. So get wild.

And FLAX (flax seeds are hard brown and gold kinda like birdseed--you can get this at the drugstore with a combination of Omega's)

Keep yourself busy eating all this stuff! Keep your brain healthy.....the rest will fall in place.
I challenge you to go 4 weeks without a candy bar, and use an apple in that place. I promise your taste buds will (by 4 weeks) get rid of the chemicals and you will think of an apple as candy.
I am very involved with this problem in my state.
Hang in there :-) I am here and listening
0 Replies

beachgirl

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
i want to no the truth cause when ever i ask my friends they say no b/c their my friends but im 5'10 and i weigh 160 and in turning 16....am i fat?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 12:27 pm
Looks like, according to Metlife (see: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm ), you're at the slightly high side of average. But you're also still growing. Keep in mind that the site I linked to is only good for ages 25 to 59 but, even so, you're very close to being right in the middle.
0 Replies

yellowlab

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:16 pm
Dear beachgirl, check with a doctor.
0 Replies