teen diets

lilcookie2sweet

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 04:58 pm
Re: soooo sick of being fat..can someone pleeease help me??
jetergirl213 wrote:
..i am REALLY overweight..im 12 years old like 5 foot 1 and i weigh 180 pounds!!! Sad im soo sick of being sooo fat. i just want to lose 50 pounds really badly. but i want to lose the weight soon. i had planned on losing it by the beginning of school (in like a month) but now i want to atleast lose it by my birthday (november) or by christmas..all im saying is..someone please please please help me..)=

hey i went to a size 13 to a 1 in only three months. all u have to do is stop eating junk food and at restraunts. exercise 30 minutes a day and tone ur body. i at veggitables and fruits all day then had a balanced dinner. thats all to it. eat breakfast too u loss wieght when u eat in the moring.
0 Replies

lilcookie2sweet

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:01 pm
hey can some one help me? im 15 and my height is 5'8 and i weight 122 i think im fat. i love to exercise and eat right i have never eat junk food or fast food. i want to loss wieght can some one help me. Very Happy
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:36 pm
Lilcookie- Based on your two posts - it sounds to me that you might have an eating disorder. Go and talk to your school nurse or counselor to discuss the problem.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:00 pm
lilcookie2sweet wrote:
hey can some one help me? im 15 and my height is 5'8 and i weight 122 i think im fat. i love to exercise and eat right i have never eat junk food or fast food. i want to loss wieght can some one help me. Very Happy

Maybe not so much an eating disorder, rather a body image problem. I know one usually leads to the other, but I think you need to take things in perspective.
Being "light in weight" and being skinny, and being "high in weight" and fat are issues that need some qualification.
There is such thing as "skinny fat", which is image related, not health related. Being thin but without tone or visible musculature can lead one to think they are fat because they lack the muscle tone to make thier thinness look good in their eyes. If you're "skinny fat" it takes very little actual fat to make you appear this way...and can be resolved with some cardio and weight training.
I think your desire to lose weight is being confused with a desire to tone up your limbs and tummy. At your height and weight, there is little room for healthy weight loss. Remember, once you begin to tone your body and fat is lost, the muscle will replace previous fat deposits and your weight will increase, since muscle weighs more than fat.

You don't need to lose weight...I can tell you that form here, and I can't see you.
But if you want to get in better shape, you need to change the perspective you have and the goal you are trying to attain. This is not a food or diet issue, it's an exercise and muscle-toning issue.
0 Replies

arthur01

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 06:00 pm
teen dieting
i'm 15 and i weigh around 120. and i am 5'2 3/4. my friends tell me that i am skinny. my mother tells me that i am at a normal weight for my age and height. my dad complains and keeps saying that i need to lose weight. i excersise and watch what i eat and not eat too much junk food but i can't seem to lose any weight. everytime that i look into the mirror i see a girl who has big thighs and a big butt. the top half of my body is skin and bones, the other is just fat and some muscle. i can't seem to get rid of it. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

chamjo 29

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 10:49 pm
im 13 5'1" and 125 (give or take a few) HELP ME!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:30 am
chamjo29 - go back and read all of this thread. If you still have questions ask again.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:04 pm
chamjo_29 wrote:
im 13 5'1" and 125 (give or take a few) HELP ME!

Help you with what exactly?
You kids really need some motivation and an exercise in clarity.
I don't mind offering advice, but for God's sake, don't be so damned lazy.

You can't simply come on here and say I'm 5'1, help me. This seems to be the trend. If you sincerely want help with losing weight and getting in shape, you will have to be prepared to do all the work, because to be honest, I don't give a damn if you're 95lbs or 634lbs...if you're lazy, you're lazy. If you don't look for ways to help yourself, I'm not going to help you.
This all starts and finishes with you!
0 Replies

Bubbles4me

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:51 am
okay im new at this but im 14 and i weigh 130 i know it's not too big but im not worried about my weight im worried about my stomach...its big. like ive never lost my baby fat. and i know why it is.i am lazy and i dont know anyone in my neighborhood so i stay inside what can i do to get skinny???
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:04 am
Here is the answer for everyone (because I for one am sick of hearing the same story over and over again!!)

QUIT BEING LAZY! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND EXERCISE! STOP EATING JUNK FOOD!!

Thank you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:11 pm
And, um, smoke crack or snort coke. Because cokeheads are skinny

Thank you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:15 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
And, um, smoke crack or snort coke. Because cokeheads are skinny

Thank you.

Yeah, that too. Just make sure to wipe the white off your nose before leaving the bathroom.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:07 pm
I think instead of being worried about being fat, all these teens that keep asking the same question should be worried about the fact that they don't (or can't) read.

good post Bella.
0 Replies

Fusionice662

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:17 pm
I also had a question. I am 15 years old and weigh about 137 pounds and I am 5 feet 10 inches. I wanted to know, do I weight too little or just enough?
0 Replies

Fusionice662

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:22 pm
Oops, I mean I weigh 135 pounds
0 Replies

starslight--

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 07:32 am
I am 14 , 148 pounds 5 feet and 2 inches I am really unable to about my weight . Ever sense last year I had a eating disorder where i would eat because my father left and I gained probley 40 pounds that year I dint have a eating disorder anymore I'm vegan now but Im just wondering how to get off all this access weight that i have gained
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 07:43 am
Go back and read this thread from the begining.

I gained 10lbs when I was on vegan diet - I lost it when I cut down on the carbs and added back the protein.
0 Replies

lilcharliegurl7

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:37 pm
fat?
my mom says i look perfect but i mean i still feel lyk i need an exersizing plan and eating plan to get off the couch and stop eating potaoe chips, im 12 and im 109 im 5'4, all ym friends r just my size but they only way lyk 75 its crazy!!!! where can i find and exersizing plan and an eating plan to help me stay on track
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:52 pm
Fusionice662 wrote:
I also had a question. I am 15 years old and weigh about 137 pounds and I am 5 feet 10 inches. I wanted to know, do I weight too little or just enough?

holy smokes! i am 5'10" and weigh 170. i am also pushing 30 however. i would say you are probably ok depending on your body frame size. do you know if you have a small, medium or large body frame? it can make a huge difference...i even at my smallest which was 125 (long time ago) was still a size 8. i have a large body frame, meaning my bones will only allow me to be a size 8, even at my disgusting thin 125 lbs. i like to say i am big boned Smile which fortunately for me i was measured and they confirmed that my bone structure was large Smile so it is really a matter of your body frame. if you are small to medium framed you are probably good. if you are large boned, you still could be ok, but maybe a slight bit thin. supposedly my ideal weight is between 145-155, so i have a few lbs to lose.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:55 pm
Re: fat?
lilcharliegurl7 wrote:
my mom says i look perfect but i mean i still feel lyk i need an exersizing plan and eating plan to get off the couch and stop eating potaoe chips, im 12 and im 109 im 5'4, all ym friends r just my size but they only way lyk 75 its crazy!!!! where can i find and exersizing plan and an eating plan to help me stay on track

at 5'4" i am not sure you should weigh 75lbs. using the bmi calculator, you are borderline too thin as it is. you get a 18.7 and underweight occurs at 18.4. exercising might not be a bad idea, but i would do it more to get off the couch and health than losing weight.

good luck!
0 Replies