teen diets

alkzbaby

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 05:56 pm
Help!!!
I have just turned 15 and want to know if i am over weight i weight 147 pounds and i am 5ft 6inches.
And can any one give me some help on dieting because i have chronic asthma and can not do that much exercise as i run out of breath quickly.

Please Help!!!
jespah

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:39 am
@alkzbaby,
Assuming you're female, you're right on the cusp of being just fine. See:
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
0 Replies

linda6996

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:52 pm
Can someone help me? I am 13 and am 174 cm tall. and weight 55kg! most people don't think I am fat but I do. is this fat? my bmi is underweight... but I don't look it.... I have a small frame too and my friends say I have a lot of muscle. please help me
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 08:06 am
@linda6996,
Well, it's entirely possible to be underweight but not in good shape (in the US, when I was a kid, they used to refer to guys like this as 90-pound weaklings). There's nothing wrong with doing a little strength training but I would talk to your pediatrician first, just to be sure that you weren't overdoing anything and to get a feel for what you'd need to fuel yourself with (e. g. eat). If your BMI is underweight, then you probably don't need to lose anything, despite what you might feel -- it might all be in redistribution, which does happen in the teen years.

Also, I want to point out, BMI measurements are not perfect. People can and do vary, sometimes in the extreme. But they are a decent, relatively objective gauge. I suspect you're okay but could use some muscle development. Are you working out, running, lifting, bicycling, skiing, swimming, anything like that? Those are good habits to get into now, for the rest of your life, regardless of what your weight is.

But again, learn how to not overdo it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:42 pm
@linda6996,
You are 5'8" and 121lbs (in American) based on my calculations. You are not fat, you are on the thin side. If you feel fat I would suggest talking to your family doctor, you might have an unrealistic body image and that can lead to eating disorders and lack of self-confidence.
linda6996

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:36 am
@Green Witch,
wowzies! ur right I sometimes don't eat and don't hav a lot of confidence
0 Replies

linda6996

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:37 am
@linda6996,
yes I do do a lot of sport btw. and hav a lot of muscle! y do I still look fat?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:51 am
@Green Witch,
According to my math, 174 cm is equal to 5 ft 8.5 in and 55kg is equal to 121 lbs. For a young teen-aged female (Linda) that's a good weight to perhaps a bit on the thin side. Worry not, just find an exercise yopu like doing and try noty tyo focus on your body. Make yourself a more interesting person by getting your mind in shape, too. Well-rounded people are far more fun to be around than ones that always worrying a pound here or there.
linda6996

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 05:56 am
@Ragman,
but y don't I look it
Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:00 am
@linda6996,
So what? Feel strong and confident about your accomplishments - not JUST your figure. Find exercises and acitivities that are fun and worry less. People will be attracted to the person that is confident and is not focusing on superficial issues. Reality is that you are not fat or close to that.
linda6996

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:03 am
@Ragman,
I like ur attitude. I never thought about it that way
0 Replies

Carters

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:59 am
you have to eat good teen age diet one glass of mil one boiled egg and green apple in break fast.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:26 am
@holister hottie,
I think you might be eating fatty food instead of healthier so try to eat much healthy as you can because this is the age when you need to have food that brings energy in body.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 02:34 am
@holister hottie,
Body weight should be as per body height its not depends on age.
For teens i must say everything that is healthy is most important to eat just need to avoid fast food.
0 Replies

shay15

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 11:57 pm
I was 160 pounds in 6th grade and had to lose a lot of weight. I'm in 9th grade now and 106 pounds. What you have to do is commit to not eating sweets and junk food. I mean NONE if your serious about losing weight. Say no to dessert, people offering you stuff, and party food like chips and appetizers. Keep gum handy and chew it when you get the munchies, and brush your teeth when you feel the urge to snack. Eat lots of spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, any vegetable really, and most fruits. Stay away from hidden sugars like some cereal, pineapple, watermelon, ect. Only eat when your truly hungry, and instead of 3 meals, eat a good breakfast, smaller lunch, and a salad for dinner.
Now for exercise, start small and work your way up. Don't try everything your first week or you'll get burned out. Buy some nice running shoes, and walk for 15-20 minutes vigorously every other day the first week. In between days are for strength and toning days like yoga, weight lifting, ect. Jillian Michaels is a really good tape, and I use those, and The Firm is also good. Take the weekends off, but do light exercise like 50 crunches or something before you go to bed. So after the first week, start actually running. Try walking for 10, running for ten and work your way up. And once you start, don't stop, because it's really tough to start again.
Last thing, don't get carried away towards the end. You'll have to adopt a healthy lifestyle to stay fit and trim, but please stop when it's time to stop. I got carried away and now I'm being counseled for anorexia and bulimia. So tell your parents to help support you through your weirght-loss, and make sure their keeping an eye that you don't go to far. I'm not trying to scare you, just be careful. Good luck!
0 Replies

Jesica121

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 02:09 am
How much is your height. Many times weight increases if you are tall. For best food you can have rice, salad, fruits and the food having low calories.
0 Replies

Ashley Brown

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 06:17 am
@holister hottie,
You should avoid junk food totally. Eat green vegetables as much as you can.
0 Replies